Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Pacquiao vs. Mosley

Started by Marq, May 06, 2011, 05:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marq

"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Jonny Briggs

Pac-Man, late stoppage. I'm thinking Mosley comes out strong early & gradually gets worn down before the ref saves him in round 9 or 10

Black Death

don't know both are great fighters , have to give the edge to the Pac-man , but mosley has the skills to win
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Marq

"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Cory

This was the first boxing fight ive watched in a while, did MMA make boxing so much boring?

What a snoze fest, other tthen when Pac dropped Sugar Shane in the 3rd, this was crap.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

That fight sucked balls. Everyone at the party I went to was ripping on it for sucking so bad.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Duckman

I was really disappointed in the Manny Pacquiao/Shane Mosley fight on Saturday night. For a start, there were far too many high fives during the fight. It was like a multi million dollar sparring session at some points. You could almost see them chatting to each other about where they were going to go for dinner after the fight. Plus Mosley looked like he was taking part in the Tour De France he was on his bike and backpedalling so damn much. I’ve heard Pacquiao had a problem with his thigh muscle during the fight but he looked like he was moving fine late in the fight when he got pissed off for the knockdown that never was.

I’ve never heard people boo a Pacquiao fight and no doubt 90% of that was for Mosley but Pacquiao was so obviously in cruise control during the majority of the fight that the fans in the area were really frustrated he didn’t just hunt Mosley down, turn up the pace and take him out, like he looked like he could do once he got angry late in the fight. He knew he was so much better than Mosley but he only showed it in very brief glimpses. Sure Mosley used good spoiling tactics but if you’re the best pound for pound fighter in the world you should be able to over come those tactics pretty quickly.

This fight summed up perfectly to me why boxing is dying on its arse and MMA is surging ahead. They don’t put on competitive fights with the top fighters fighting each other. This was a total mismatch from the start and all about pay days for both fighters. It was not a sporting contest because it was so one sided and in turn it just made for a bloody boring fight. I don’t really blame the fighters, although both guys were well below par, but rather their promoters - these are the guys who are killing boxing. Dana White worked that out about 10 years ago and I wonder how long it’ll be before the rest of the world does too…

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Tezmission Black