News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Matt Flynn = Matt Cassel

Started by Cory, January 01, 2012, 11:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Flynn tied the NFL record today with 6 TD's, and is a UFA after this season, so likely some shit team is going to look at chuck him a decent amount of change to get him to sign on the dotted line. Im calling it right now though, he is the exact type of player Cassel is.

Both are decent QB's, but look fantastic in the system they play and the players their surrounded by. Cassel in his last season had Randy Moss/Wes Welker/Ben Watson to throw too and in a Pats offence that had always over performed. Plus grabbing pine behind Brady you must pick up some tricks along the way.

Flynn gets to watch the best QB in the league and take notes, is apart of one of the elite offensive systems in the NFL, and is surrounded by Nelson/Driver/Finley and has all day to pass with the Packers elite o-line.

When Flynn gets picked up by a team, he will have Cassel like success. A middle of the pack QB, and nothing more.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I agree, but it says more for a league as I have said in a few threads that has a very substandard group of QBs...with about a handful of elite ones so who can blame a team for taking a chance?
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Gary

It's like good NBA centers..its a dying breed at the moment.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

GM Franchise

If Flynn ends up on a team with some weapons, watch out. If not then he'll pull a Cassel and be somewhat of a dud. That said Cassel did get the Chiefs to the playoffs last season so he did accomplish something.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

Flynn certainly impressed me today. And if anything, he deserves a shot with a team next year at starting quarterback.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

I love how after ONE game, a team needs to throw all of their chips in on the guy.

I believe Al Davis is the only person crazy enough to make a move like this.

AT BEST I think Flynn goes to a team where he has to battle for the starting job.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on January 02, 2012, 03:12:49 AM
I love how after ONE game, a team needs to throw all of their chips in on the guy.

Again it comes back to having some down right shit QBs being starters with teams right now...that and the fact the NFL teams are not willing to venture outside what they have seen to find the right fit ie CFL, Arena League or draftee who wasnt a top 4 round pick.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on January 02, 2012, 11:58:24 AM
I think this has a lot to do with the fact that most of the teams that are in need of a QB also have staff that are in the hot seat...and taking a chance on anything less than a 'sure thing' (for whatever that is in pro football) is just to risky because it could cost them their job.

For instance, I'm a Seahawks fan, and we are in need of a franchise QB. That said, it's easy to say "Tavaris Jackson is just filling the role until we get a legit starter" and if he sucks it's fine because as I said, he's just filling the role. But if they were to get someone no one had heard of from the CFL and that guy bombs? People will say "Why did they put that nobody in there when they could have at least gotten McNabb...who also sucks but at least he's McNabb!"

I don't know if that makes sense...basically I think it's easier for the office staff to push blame on to a well known bad QB, where the staff will take the blame if the hire an unknown QB.

I'd agree, but the one thing that has stood out for me in 2011 has been the lack of depth as well at the QB position once that starter has gone down so for me...chance to fill those backup positions with at least one unproven!

Cory

Hell, this draft has lots of talent at QB, so lets see what happens draft time.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Brandon Weeden, Landry Jones, Ryan Tannehill, and even a Case Keenum/Kellen Moore, all of the guys at the least have the talent to pull an Andy Dalton.

Justin

I would need to see at least another game from Flynn before jumping on the bandwagon.  He played the Lions defense which isn't that great. 

As for the QBs coming into the draft, I believe Landry Jones will stay.  RG III is going to be the best out of the group in my opinion.

Cory

Quote from: JustinP on January 03, 2012, 09:05:41 AM
RG III is going to be the best out of the group in my opinion.

I too have been saying this to my friends, but honestly I think between Luck/RG3 whoever can pick up reading an NFL defence first will have the better success. Luck has throwing ability, awareness, and played in a pro offense. RG3 has throwing abiltiy, can run the ball as well as Cam Newton, and is far more athletic than Luck.

(Assuming both are starters next year) its whoever can read an NFL defence first, and I agree and think RG3 will be offensive rookie of the year next year.

Justin

I hope RGIII goes to the Redskins.  We need a quarterback.

Chris Shields

The thing with QB's is that you can have a guy who is great at the position, but can't show it because he doesn't have receivers or a strong offensive line. On the other hand you can have a guy who's decent at the position, but winds up great because he has a good offensive line and receivers. Then again there are guys who are just great no matter what, but those are few and far between. With this guy, yes he threw 6 TD's, but Rodgers has been having 3, 4, 5, TD games on a consistent basis. I would say that Flynn benefited more from the strong O-Line, solid receivers, and the playbook. He may prove to be a great QB, but I think unless he gets on a team that has weapons for him to use, and a line that can provide him time in the pocket, he won't end up being anything special.

Captain Metro

Quote from: Trumpers on January 02, 2012, 10:30:13 AM
Again it comes back to having some down right shit QBs being starters with teams right now...that and the fact the NFL teams are not willing to venture outside what they have seen to find the right fit ie CFL, Arena League or draftee who wasnt a top 4 round pick.

There's no one in the CFL that could possibly play in the NFL at the moment. The only one I could possibly see is Ricky Ray and that experiment failed when the Jets had Vinny Testaverde.

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

Cory

CFL Qb's are shit, I hate watching that garbage.

Only player i think in the CFL that could play in the NFL is Solomon Elimimian