News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

A different kind of fed?

Started by #HEEL, April 09, 2012, 02:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

#HEEL

Hey guys, just wanted to get a little feedback/critique on an idea I had. I'll stress now that while I feel it's a relatively outside-the-box idea, it may well have been done before I ever came up with it.

Anyway, I was thinking lately how efeds can almost always be categorised as angle, roleplay or sim style - along with hybrids and other emerging types. The unifying similarity between all these places, however, is that just about everything comes down to user contribution. Roleplay feds depend on the competitive writing between their members, just as angle feds depend upon story arcs and cooperation between its roster and so on.

Has there ever been a high profile fed which didn't actually rely on those things?

My idea, in essence, is to have a fed in which users don't need to roleplay or even suggest storylines to have their characters advance or develop.

The roster could either submit their character's basic info and vital stats, then sit back and enjoy the ride - or, the fedhead could even invent a list of his/her own fictional characters, which are then 'chosen' by applying members. Either way, the roster need only remain active OOC while the fedhead dictates angles and pushes etc.

Rather than living through your characters and narrating their activities, it would instead be the e-fed equivalent of simply observing your favourite wrestlers while they are on-screen - like watching Raw at home. You don't have a clue what's going to happen (relatively speaking) and you root for your favourite guys.

I'll keep things short and end it here for now. Hopefully you get what I'm aiming for with this.

So, thoughts? Has it been done before? If so, did it develop a following?

Black Death

Only person that I can think of doing something like this was Dorling ...

problem with this is  half the fun of  a e-character is controlling how they grow in a e-fed, who they face , how they react to this person , how they react to that person ,   People are not going to  be less than thrilled to give up control of there character to someone else and they may not be happy with the way the person portrays them.

interesting concept ...yes  don't think it will ever happen     
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Ty

Quote from: #HEEL on April 09, 2012, 02:49:20 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to get a little feedback/critique on an idea I had. I'll stress now that while I feel it's a relatively outside-the-box idea, it may well have been done before I ever came up with it.

Anyway, I was thinking lately how efeds can almost always be categorised as angle, roleplay or sim style - along with hybrids and other emerging types. The unifying similarity between all these places, however, is that just about everything comes down to user contribution. Roleplay feds depend on the competitive writing between their members, just as angle feds depend upon story arcs and cooperation between its roster and so on.

Has there ever been a high profile fed which didn't actually rely on those things?

My idea, in essence, is to have a fed in which users don't need to roleplay or even suggest storylines to have their characters advance or develop.

The roster could either submit their character's basic info and vital stats, then sit back and enjoy the ride - or, the fedhead could even invent a list of his/her own fictional characters, which are then 'chosen' by applying members. Either way, the roster need only remain active OOC while the fedhead dictates angles and pushes etc.

Rather than living through your characters and narrating their activities, it would instead be the e-fed equivalent of simply observing your favourite wrestlers while they are on-screen - like watching Raw at home. You don't have a clue what's going to happen (relatively speaking) and you root for your favourite guys.

I'll keep things short and end it here for now. Hopefully you get what I'm aiming for with this.

So, thoughts? Has it been done before? If so, did it develop a following?

Been done numerous times. People lose interest fast

GM Franchise

I did a fed with coin flip based results once a few years back. Didn't last long.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

T-Bonizzle

Take a look at Political Championship Wrestling. The fedhead writes his own stuff for it whenever he feels like it. It's a good fed though. It's the only fed I know of where the fedhead does everything himself

Gary

So basically one guy does the all the work? Where is the fun in that?

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.