News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

WWE's next game

Started by Shock Value, May 23, 2011, 04:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shock Value

I know that SvR 2012 has just entered development, so I gotta ask- What new features would you like to see this year?

Personally, I would like to see GM Mode reintroduced, maybe as part of WWE Universe mode. There could be two options for the mode- Superstar and General Manager. The Superstar could remain the Universe mode we got with 2011, with a few minor alterations (i.e. Inability to set/ control title matches and contenders, and vacate championships.) Actually, now that I think about it, that last sentence pretty much combines both aspects. O.o

What are some of your ideas?

Alex Smiley

Submission Create-A-Finisher options. I'll come back with more later.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

jagilki

MORE CAW OPTIONS.

Hell I'd LOVE a CAW only Wrestling game.

Tezmission Black

I would love the submission create a finisher as well, if I can just have a simple ground and pound submission I would be happy.

Goldferg

Quote from: Alex K on May 23, 2011, 06:38:46 PM
Submission Create-A-Finisher options.
This.

And customizable championship entrances.
And customizable tag entrances.
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Hondo

If they're insistant with this WWE Universe mode, they need to streamline it in the worst way. Like being able to have a title match at any time. Little things like that. And maybe integrate this mode with a revamped GM mode?

And maybe more options in the CAW section. I know there are tons of options already, but hows bout mixing it up with some new designs, hairstyles, etc. A lot of those designs have been around since water was invented.

How about a 5 vs 5 Survivor Series match?

Maybe some Divas loading screens, like in past incarnations.

And how about a few new play modes? I remember one version from around 2003-2004-2005 (dont remember for sure) that had a mode in which you'd fight a gauntlet-style match in which one guy'd run into the ring, you wrestle and win, and another comes out, and the object was to see how many guys you could beat before you ran out of energy. I LOOOOVED that mode. Why not have more of this. There's only so many Hell in a Cell matches you can have before you get bored.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Ash Bombay

I agree at the Survivor Series match, the need for more options in CAW mode, the customize championship and tag entrances, and create a submission.

I also kinda interested in the Create a Brand that was mentioned, that sounds like it could be interested.

I also want to see like Russ came up with, the Road to WM CAW mode start off on Tough Enough. I think that'd be awesome personally.

And more CAW SLOTS!!

Russ

I'd like WWE Universe to get a load more stuff;

- Have the ability to book your next PPV card a month in advance and then the game can book logical matches that will end up with that card. If you want CM Punk vs. John Cena for the WWE title then the game books Punk to simulated-win his #1 contenders match then books cut-scenes where Punk attacks Cena and stuff like that.

- Have the ability to choose some cutscenes and a follow-up. They can throw the random ones for surprise, but if you want to have Punk attack Cena with a pipe and then Cena's out for 2 weeks you can do that.

- Title matches when you want, where you want, against who you want. Same goes for #1 contenders matches. Always sucked that you'd literally have to spend a week just playing as a certain person to get their stock up enough to get a #1 contenders match for the WHC/WWE title but then randomers like Chris Masters and David Otunga end up in there too.

- Your own brand on WWE Universe. You pick which day of the week to have your show on and draft a roster and then off you go. Even draft titles over or create your own titles!
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Hondo

One other small thing. It's a minor gripe, but a gripe all the same.

You know how in tag team matches and six mans, when you go to pin your opponent, and his partner(s) ALWAYS get to you before your partner(s) get to them? I HAAAAATE that! Even if you're in YOUR corner, they STILL beat your guys! They need to adjust those mechanics a bit.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Russ

There should be a mini-game when you go for the pin where you get to control your partner or press a button sequence for your partner to get there first.

Just makes me laugh how IRL tag partners will happily stand there and watch their partner get pinned, but in the games they go apeshit the second you start to hit your finisher.
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

jagilki

how about fixing the fact that when in a triple threat match the CPU opponent not being pinned will always break up your pin attempt but if another CPU opponent is pinning you, they'll just stand and stare?

Shock Value

How awesome would it be to see a 'WWE Studios' menu, where you have the option to remix WWE entrance themes, or even create mash ups of two different themes, to use with tag teams? You could make a new version of the Rated-RKO theme, or anything else you could think of! I would love this, personally.

This could also be the menu where you would find the WWE Highlight Reel feature, and stuff like that.

Also, what legends would you like to see this year? I think they usually put out 11 or 12, so who do you want?

My picks are:
"Macho Man" Randy Savage ("Macho King" alternate attire)
Mr. Perfect
Yokozuna
Brian Pillman (Hollywood Blondes alternate attire)
Road Warrior Animal (LOD 2000 alternate attire)
Road Warrior Hawk (LOD 2000 alternate attire)
"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
Honkey Tonk Man
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin ("Stunning" Steve/ Hollywood Blondes alternate attire)
The Rock (Hopefully his current look, because I'm tired of having 1999 Rocky in every game. That could always be his alternate, I suppose.)
Shawn Michaels (The Rockers alternate attire)
Marty Janetty

This is going under the assumption that Edge will still be included on the main roster, of course.  Otherwise, he'd better be in as a legend.

...I forgot all about championships/ alternate attires for the main roster. I'll do those later. :x

Alex Smiley

Maybe we can even get Create-A-Belt a la No Mercy?

TBH I just wanna play as Daniel Bryan this year, lol

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Shock Value

Quote from: Alex K on May 27, 2011, 03:32:42 PM
TBH I just wanna play as Daniel Bryan this year, lol

I'm sure he'll be in this year, he's been an active/ semi-prominent member of the main roster now since last August. I'd expect Sin Cara would be in, too. It's the guys like Husky Harris, Skip Sheffield, Kaval, etc. who I am worried about making the cut.

Another thing I hope is the ability to separate the Nexus from...well, the Nexus. As in, their physical appearance. It would suck if I wanted to disband the stable, but they still appear with the armband. :/ Maybe THQ could add the option to remove the armband in Superstar Threads?

Russ

Kaval, Husky and Skip were all gone my Mania so they won't be in (unless Skip comes back soon then he might be downloadable content later on.