News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Wonderlocke Pt 2

Started by Tezmission Black, April 25, 2015, 02:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezmission Black

Ladies and Gents it is that time again, I have given it almost a year since my last attempt and I am once again going to attempt the Pokemon Y  Wonderlocke, as many of you will know I lost my last locke pretty early on and I am wanting to avenge that loss, so if any of you would like to rehash the past before reading forward here it is.

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/boards/index.php?topic=20194.0

So this one will be the same as before, I will be posting the rules below and with any luck I will be able to proceed and win unlike the last go ahead.

The Wonderloche Challange is the Generation 6 version of the Nuzlocke challenge, this one however is known as the Wonderlocke thanks to the Wonder Trade feature for the new games.

I know the version of the Wonderlocke I'm attempting is a bit different than the normal but this seems a bit more simple and a hellva lot easier to explain on here as I do it.

Added rules to this Wonderlocke are..

No Mega Evolution's.
After Six Pokemon no other Pokemon can be caught.
If a Pokemon faint you must release it and continue with the number you have.
If all six Pokemon faint you lose.
EXP Share Is allowed but discouraged.
If you get a duplicate Pokemon from one you have gotten in Wonder Trade already you are allowed to re trade.
If you get a Pokemon that's level makes it not listen then too bad.
Any Event Pokemon may be allowed to be stored in PC, but not used.
Legendary Pokemon are to be stored in PC, but not used UNLESS given in Wonder Trade.

Any other rules I can think of will be added, I'll also update this thread once I get started.

To Be Continued Once my first six Pokemon have been caught and Wonder Traded...

Jennifer

I remember last time you gave this a go. Good luck!

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Stoner

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Chris Stern

Sweet looking forward towards reading your progress in this and best of luck.

Tezmission Black

Ok update to the software is finished and starting the game now. My name on this version is Tezmission, so if anyone is wonder trading and gets a pretty crappy Pokemon with that OT tag it's mine lol.

Tezmission Black

My team Pre-Trade

Froakie: Lvl 7
Pidgey: Lvl 4
Bunnelby: Lvl 3
Scatterbug: Lvl 2
Bunnelby: Lvl 2
Zigzagoon: Lvl 3

My final Team after trade.

Cottonee: Lvl 6
Aron: Lvl 14
Wingull: Lvl 3
Hariyama: Lvl 38
Poliswine: Lvl 39
Loudred: Lvl 20

First thoughts on my team.

First off is my Cottonee whom I've never actually played a game with. She's a Grass/Fairy type and once I can get a sun stone I can evolve it into a Whimsicott which I've also never used, so this should be interesting. It's got Absorb, Fairy Wind, and Growth as the three attacks and is a Lax nature which lowers Defense and raises Special Defense which as I've said I'm not too sure if that's a good thing or bad thing at the moment. It's Special Ability is Infiltrator which allows me to attack at full strength even if there are barriers up, so that could come in handy.

Next is Aron which I'm VERY excited about, Its another Pokemon I've never used only because I normally have better Pokemon available to me, but starting off with a Steel/Rock type is very cool, not to mention if I make it that far Aggron is a beast. It's got Metal Claw, Mud-Slap and Headbutt so nothing special so far but it is what it is. Nature wise it's Timid which Raises Attack and lowers Speed, which he's never really that fast to begin with but extra attack can never hurt. Ability wise he has Sturdy which means no pesky OHKO.

Next up is my flying slave on the team Wingull. It's a Water/Flying type and honestly I hate this Pokemon, do not like, but it'll learn fly and I'll need that to get around so thats one thing. It's got Growl and Water Gun, and it's a Calm nature which raises attack and lowers Special Defense, which I'm not too sure if thats good for a Wingull since I never use one. It's ability is Keen Eye which prevents other Pokemon from lowering it's accuracy which is a good thing.

Now here we start with the first of two Pokemon that won't get much screen time for at least a couple gyms, first up is the Fighting type Hariyama who at Level 38 won't listen to me at all. It's got a pretty decent move set with Belly Drum, Smelling Salts, Seismic Toss, and Wake-Up Slap, but sadly I can't risk having it in unless I'm afraid to take a hit from something that might KO some of my weaker Pokemon. With that being said I REALLY like Hariyama, he's a fun Pokemon to play with. He's a Jolly Nature which raises Speed and lowers Special Attack, which honestly I think isn't a bad thing since he's a attacking and defense beast so I would call that a win, as well as his Ability which is Thick Fat which boosts his resistance to Fire and Ice moves, which always comes in handy.

My second Pokemon who I can't use at the moment would be Piloswine who if I'm thinking right is as far as I can get it since it does not have Ancient Power on it anymore and that's the requirement you have to meet to get it to evolve. It's rocking out with Ice Fang, Take Down, Fury Attack, and Mist, which is a very nice move set. It's a Ice/Ground type, and its Timid which once again Raises Attack and lowers Speed, and thats not a bad thing for it either, it's ability is Snow Cloak which Boosts its evasion in a hailstorm, but I don't see that happening much outside of it happening in nature in the game.

The last Pokemon on my team is the Normal Type Loudred, who has Bite, Echoed Voice, Astonish, and Supersonic, which is a pretty standard move set, I played with one for a short bit during my play through of Alpha Sapphire, but it's a normal type and I never really keep them on my team for long. It's a Quiet Nature which lowers Speed and raises Special Attack, and it's ability is Soundproof which give her an immunity to all sound-based moves.

My overall though is that this is going to be an interesting play through since I can't use some of my Pokemon and some of the others I won't be able to evolve until make later. The Piloswine I'll have to see where the move learner is at in Y and see if I can reteach it Ancient Power and level it up after that and hope for the best.

Gym wise Korrina's Fighting Gym is going to be tough seeing as I have three Pokemon weak to fighting Types and that will be a challenge, the first type gyms Viola's Bugs, and Grants Rocks shouldn't hold too much challenge though. Ramos's Grass Types should go quickly without much to worry from in the form of weaknesses. Clemont's Electric types are going to do nothing since I can rock out with Piloswine who is 100 percent immune to all Electric attacks. Valerie, Olympia, and Wulfric with their Fairy, Physic, and Ice types respectfully should just be touch and go as long as I use the right Pokemon.

The Kalos Elite Four seem to be the things of my nightmares, but we'll discuss them the closer to me actually getting there(IF I actually get there lol).

Anyway, that's it for this update, I'll try and update after any gym, as well as any major event that might happen. 

Stoner

Cottonee, Aron and Loudred are going to be fan-fucking-tastic.  Especially if you can get to Exploud.  I wish you could have got something better than Wingull though,  he's terribad.  Just keep Aron away from Korrina at all costs and you should be fine.

Make sure you get Aggron's mega stone as well. Its in Cyllage City on the back wall of the Gym after you get your Mega Ring upgraded.  Its a lucky thing you're playing Y, because in X its the Tyranitar Mega Stone(although I'd have been happy to trade you something with its stone over if you'd wanted).

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Tezmission Black

Unfortunately I've decided to not play with Mega's to make it a big tougher, but I might pick up the stone just so I can see how it is to play with a Mega Aggron since I've never played with one before.

Stoner

I can't fault you I guess.  Mega Aggron is pretty nice though.  He makes dealing with Mega Gardevoir in the E4 a LOT easier since you resist all of her attacks and are super effective against it.

Your other big advantage is that Aggron and Hariyama are all decent walls with alright coverage as far as defenses go between them.  If something gets low on HP you can switch in to one of them and heal up for a couple turns or so with little trouble.

You've got a good team for sure.  A decent bit of coverage.  The fighting gym will actually be a lot easier than you seem to think, since Cottonee/Whimsicott is super effective against it with fairy type moves.  If I were going to Locke it with this team, this is how I'd go about it.

[spoiler=Cottonee]Just wait until level 35 to evolve it, so you can get Energy Ball(Grass, 90 Base Power, 100% Accuracy).  And if you evolve it before level 46, you get Hurricane(Flying, 110 Base Power, 70% accuracy.  100% accuracy in Rain) and then at level 50 you get Moonblast(Fairy, 95 Base Power, 100% Accuracy)  For lasting power, Giga Drain and Big Root will keep you alive.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Aron]I'd go the Mega Route, but since you said you were going for extra challenge... At level 20, you get Iron Head(Steel, 80 Base Power, 100% Accuracy).  That's my go-to Steel Type move for any Physical Steel type user.  Iron Tail does more damage, but has much worse accuracy so I tend to not use it.  Especially on Aggron, because his Rock type moves are already not very accurate.  Best Rock type move you're going to get via level up is Rock Slide(Rock, 75 Base Power, 90% Accuracy) sadly.  Late game, Metal Burst has the ability to get some clinch victories, especially since you have Sturdy.  But it IS really risky.  Last move would probably be Earthquake.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Wingull]HM Slave[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Hariyama]Not much you can add to him except for when he gets Close Combat, which is a wonderful move on even NON Fighting types.  He's going to be a beast, especially having "extra resistances" because of Thick Fat.  Great Pokemon you've got on your hands here.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Piloswine]The Move Reminder is in Anistar City.  Bring a Heart Scale and you're gold.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Loudred]I don't have too much experience with it.  I know you'll want to get Uproar or Hyper Voice as soon as you can.  Otherwise though use him as another HM slave or to use moves that you can't on other pokemon for type coverages.[/spoiler]

Tezmission Black

Thanks for the advice I'll keep pretty close to that.

I'm currently grinding Cottenee and Wingull up to decent levels before attempting Viola, but I don't foresee many problems.

Tezmission Black

Just defeated Viola, used Cottemee and Wingull to get them a bit extra levels, it was a tad difficult but I managed to get by without any deaths.

Levels after Bug Badge

Cottonee: Lvl 13
Aron: Lvl 15
Wingull: Lvl 12
Piloswine: Lvl 39

My next update will be once I get to the Lumiose City , I have a couple of routes to go threw, as I go threw it, I'm going to get Cottonee, Aron, and Wingull up to level 20 before I get to the second gym.

Stoner

Nice.  I think I might do one alongside you actually.

Tezmission Black

After getting to Lumiose City and defeating Professor Sycamore and receiving a brand new Charmander and Charizarite Y from him my levels are as follows.

Cottonee: Lvl 20
Aron: Lvl 20
Wingull: Lvl 20
Piloswine: Lvl 39

So I am at the levels I want to be, and probably over leveled but honestly I always like to go into gyms over leveled, which I know is a lot different than some Lets Players who like to go under level for the challenge, but the way I see it is that if one of my Pokemon die I don't have power in the PC like most Nuzlochers do so I'm gonna be a bit over leveled and try and stay that way just encase.

Also that'll be cool Stoner, if you want you can add updates here.

Stoner

Ok, so I sent out:

Froakie: lvl 7
Scatterbug: lvl 2
Sactterbug: lvl 3
Zigzagoon: lvl 4
Bunnelby: lvl 3
Bunnelby: lvl 3

In return I got:

Exeggcute: lvl 1 (Japanese)
Sandshrew: lvl 21 (Japanese)
Skarmory: lvl 59
Tentacruel: lvl 35 (Korean)
Ghastly: lvl 1
Totodile: lvl 1

So apparently the people online tonight were fans of Gen One.  That's ok though, because Genwun=Bestwun.

[spoiler=Exeggcute]
HP: 12
Atk: 5
Def: 6
Sp Atk: 6
Sp Def: 6
Speed: 6
Nature: Modest
Ability: Harvest

This is an interesting one I think.  Has a good nature for what it is.  And the Harvest ability is going to save me a lot of trouble keeping it alive throughout the game.  Pretty eggcited about this one overall.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Sandshrew]
HP: 52
Atk: 38
Def: 42
Sp Atk: 18
Sp Def: 16
Speed: 25
Nature: Rash
Ability: Sandveil

His stats seem lowish.  But Sandshrew isn't too bad.  He has Magnitude and Fury Cutter already, as well as Swift if I end up in a pinch.  Can't use him for a while, but once I can it'll be golden.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Skarmory]
HP: 152
Atk: 99
Def: 195
Sp Atk: 56
Sp Def: 101
Speed: 100
Nature: Bold
Ability: Sturdy

He already has Fly, so that's nifty as hell.  He's lvl 59 though, so its going to be a long time before I can really use him to any effectiveness.  Only having two weaknesses is a pretty good advantage.  Pretty happy about this one overall.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Tentacruel]
HP: 111
Atk: 57
Def: 53
Sp Atk: 78
Sp Def: 94
Speed: 79
Ability: Liquid Ooze

One of my favorite things in this.  I've got a soft spot for Tentacruel since he was pretty amazing for me in Gen 1 when I first played Blue version.  I wish he'd be a Tentacool at a lower level, but I'll take what I can get.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Ghastly]
HP: 11
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Sp Atk: 7
Sp Def: 5
Ability: Levitate

Ghastly is always a pretty solid choice of Pokemon.  Can't be upset about having him on my team.  Immunity to Ground is awesome as well.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Totodile]
HP: 12
Atk: 6
Def: 6
Sp Atk: 5
Sp Def: 6
Nature: Careful
Ability: Torrent

So, probably going to be my all star here.  He's already got Ice Punch and Crunch, so he's got good coverage right from the beginning.  As a lvl 1, he's going to be on my team a long time.[/spoiler]

I'm pretty excited overall about this team.  I think Exeggcute and Sandshrew are going to be my weakest links, but anything that might give them a problem is covered by at least one other thing on my  team.  I'm going to have trouble with any Psychic types for a long while until Skarmory becomes reliable.  Totodile will be able to damage them with Crunch, but as far as taking a hit I don't know.  I'm pretty excited about the team though, so we'll see how it goes.

T-Bonizzle

Don't dis Wingull, he's a great pokemon. Plus he can hold Fly and Surf after evolving!