News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Wonderlocke Pt 2

Started by Tezmission Black, April 25, 2015, 02:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

He's Gyarados with worse stats.  And "Fly and Surf" fits my "HM Slave" criteria.  And Fly isn't all that great on him seeing as how he has crap physical attack.  If you can get Hurricane on him via Heart Scale he might be alright.  Otherwise, meh.

Honestly the only reason I caught a Pelipper in ORAS was so I could register it on my scan thing so I could then have an easy time farming Lucky Eggs off of them.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Tezmission Black

Hey in my original run of Alpha Sappphire I used Gyarados as an HM slave, and he was the only member of my team not to die once.

Stoner

This still doesn't mean I'm wrong about using Pelipper for an HM Slave...

Maybe its because I usually have something on my team to handle Gyarados(Electric types deal x6 damage to him if he isn't Mega).  But aside from having much worse stats, he has a worse movepool overall.  His only advantage is that he can learn actual Flying type moves, but since he's gonna be your flyer, and has poop for physical attack, that limits him somewhat.

If you can make him work, more power to you.  I've never liked him all that much though so I generally dismiss him.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

T-Bonizzle

I used him as my main, don't hate.

Tezmission Black

Update(4/26/2015)

While going threw Glittering Cave Wingull Evolved into Pelipper, really nothing else happened there.

I leveled everyone to around 20 before getting to Lumiose, but forgot that Grants two Pokemon at level 25, so thankfully just by battling trainers between Lumiose and Grant most of my Pokemon got to level 25 so I was on Par.

So after getting the Cliff Badge my team looks like.

Cottonee: Lvl 26
Aron: Lvl 24
Pelipper: Lvl 26
Hariyama: Lvl 39
Piloswine: Lvl 40
Loudred: Lvl 26

Ok so the next Route is actually where I lost the game the first time around, so here is to not having to deal with Hawlucha's (I hate that damn Pokemon)

So I'll update either once I beat the next gym or if another Pokemon evolves.

Stoner

Pelipper is probably your best bet against Hawlucha.  Resists fighting and neutral flying.  Cottonee should do alright if you have a decent Fairy type move, although I think all you'll have at the moment is fairy wind so its risky, but could be worth it.

Stoner

Just beat Viola.  Only changes that have taken place are Exeggcute, Ghastly and Totodile have gained a bunch of levels.  Ghastly and Exeggcute barely took out the Surskit, but judicious use of Ice Punch from Totodile was enough to beat Vivilon.

Exeggcute: lvl 9(was poisoned before the fight by Kakuna)
HP: 32
Atk: 12
Def: 20
Sp Atk: 19
Sp Def: 14
Speed: 14

Ghastly: lvl 9
HP: 25
Atk: 10
Def: 12
Sp Atk: 26
Sp Def: 11
Speed: 22

Totodile: lvl 13
HP: 40
Atk: 25
Def: 25
Sp Atk: 18
Sp Def: 23
Speed: 18

Well, we're off to the next Gym.

Tezmission Black

Update Time(4/24/2015)

Alrighty right outside of Cyllage City I trained my team who was under level 30 up to 30 and went on to Geosenge Town and then to my Gym Battle with Korrina in Shalour City. During my travels to Shalour City I managed to level each one up to about 35ish zone and my Aron evolved into Lairon. So for once in it's life Pelipper put in some work and single handily cleared out the gym and earned me the Rumble Badge.

Also after the badge I was on my way back to the center to heal and I remembered that I was able to get something for giving the man who was looking for something near the steps the intriguing stone, and low and behold he gave me a Sun Stone, which is what I needed to evolve Cottenee to Whimsicott.

Levels After Korrina

Whimsicott: Lvl 37-Miracle Seed
Lairon: Lvl 36-Rocky Helmet
Pelipper: Lvl 39-Amulet Coin
Hariyama: Lvl 42-Black Belt
Piloswine: Lvl 43-Soft Sand(Until I get something better)
Loudred: Lvl 36-Silk Scarf

I was looking threw my items and was amazed by how good ones I had. I had actually put the Rocky Helmet on Aron and it has been doing some pretty nice work, the Miracle Seed as well has done well. I just got the Silk Scarf, and just got to where I can use Hariyama so we'll see how much those items do here soon enough.

So I'm off to the next gym which is actually hit a hop, skip, and jump away from where I am so I'll probably have that rocked out here right after I get off work tomorrow.

T-Bonizzle

I've decided I'm gonna do one of these, but I am gonna limit myself to pokemon I get below level 10.

Tezmission Black

Update(4/28/2015)

I just defeated Ramos for the Plant Badge, I didn't do any training between the last two gyms cause I felt my levels where well enough and especially since I used Piloswine and his Ice Fang to demolish his grass types, the only thing that was scaring me was the possibility of Grass Knot hitting and just completely destroying Piloswine but he wasn't quick enough and was out before the fight really began.

Levels After Plant Badge.

Whimsicott: Lvl 39
Lairon: Lvl 38
Pelipper: Lvl 42
Hariyama: Lvl 43
Piloswine: Lvl 45
Loudred: Lvl 38

And now it's back to Lumiose City and I think it's Clemont and his electric gym in Lumiose as the next one, so I'll update after that.

Edit:

There is no need for grinding between where I am and Lumiose because of the Team Flair event that happens in the Badlands and the levels of Clemont's Pokemon so it might be a bit before I have an update.

Stoner

Quote from: T-Probst on April 28, 2015, 03:35:52 PM
I've decided I'm gonna do one of these, but I am gonna limit myself to pokemon I get below level 10.

Limit yourself how?  Continue to WT until all the mons you get are under level 10?

Honestly, so long as you have at least one thing you can switch into in the forest in the beginning, you should be able to do alright.

Tezmission Black

Update Pt2(4/28/2015)

Welp it has been a VERY interesting trip across the Badlands and while battling Clemont in the Prism Tower. We had some evolution. First off we had Loudred evolve into Exploud, and then after beating Clemont my Lairon evolved into Aggron.

Levels after Volt Badge

Whimsicott: Lvl 43
Aggron: Lvl 42
Pelipper: Lvl 46
Hariyama: Lvl 46
Piloswine: Lvl 50
Exploid: Lvl 43

Next up we are going to be taking on Valerie and her Fairy Types, Aggron is gonna have a hellava time in this gym, so I'll update when thats done, also at Level 42 I don't think I'll be actively leveling since he's on par with her ace Sylveon.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

I think I might have to jump in on this myself
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Starting
Fennekin lvl 8
Fletchling lvl 3
Bunnelby lvl 2 x2
Pidgey lvl 3
Zigzagoon lvl 3

Very interesting team
Shuppet lvl 28
Zangoose lvl 1
Plusle lvl 11
Poochyena lvl 2
Whismur lvl 1
Charmander lvl 1

Definitely a good mix on the team and honestly charmander is the only one I've used on my teams before. Zangoose can hopefully become a beast
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Stoner

I actually like the hell out of that team Josh.  At first I was worried you wouldn't have a flyer but then I remembered Charizard. 

What moves does Poochyena have?  Its obviously bred, so with any luck it will have one of the elemental Fang attacks for coverage. 

Plusle isn't the best thing, but its far from the worst as well.  I mean he would take down a Pelipper(hashtagshotsfired)  If he has Nasty Plot, never delete that move.  Its Swords Dance but for Special Attack.  And its wonderful.

Shuppet being a ghost type gives you good defense(especially against Korrina) and its Mega Form(should you choose to use it)has Prankster as an ability which lets you use status moves as if they have priority like Quick Attack.  Great for Hypnosis/Curse/Dream Eater combo.

Zangoose gets a surprisingly good move set from leveling up.  Quick Attack and Fury Cutter early on.  And later levels gets X-Scissor, Swords Dance and Close Combat.  He's also a GREAT option for Strength, since he can use it effectively in combat with the STAB bonus.

I talk about Whismur's evolution line with Tezz, so see that if you want ideas there.  I honestly think you have a really good team on your hands though.