News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Ok greatest What If Question of All time.

Started by Tezmission Black, July 30, 2008, 01:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezmission Black

What if Ric Flair had never gotten back into wrestling after the plane crash he was in on October 4, 1975?

So what do you think wrestling would be like?

Stoner

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

AudiblyOffensive

The Rick

The same but different.

I'm not great on my pre-Hogan era WWF history. But I would say there would still be Hogan, there would still be Hulkamania and the WWF taking wrestling to a new level however there would not have been Sting the way he was in WCW as Flair's match with Sting at Clash Of The Champions turnned the Stinger into a superstar. Likewise, many of the wrestling classics Flair had with Steamboat would not have happened either.

I think the course of the NWA/WCW would have run differently and the WWF would certainly be different from 1991 onwards when Flair went there but prior to that I think a lot of the WWF stuff would have still happened the way it did especially the creation and growth of Wrestlemania.

Duckman

No one would 'woooo' when a wrestler did a chop.  That would suck.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Tim-Æ

David Flair would have never won the WCW US Title.

Bryan

i think things would be different, yeah, but i don't think it would be bland like others would say. there were other colorful characters before Flairs time and there have been some after. it would be different but not drastically different.

Dave Johnson

Things would suck, be plain and promos would be shitter.

Excaligore

Duckman

Triple H wouldn't be half as over as he is.

Peace

Duckman

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Kenfucius

Quote from: Duckman on July 31, 2008, 03:06:15 PM
Triple H wouldn't be half as over as he is.

Peace

Duckman

Which means, by extension, that Fallen Angel would have a different joke nickname.

Duckman

Jimmy Chisel

I think an NWA without Ric Flair would've declined far more rapidly as the WWF grew. Because who else could've been NWA World Champion? I don't mean as in being champion but work that schedule, at that quality, at that consistancy. Dusty probably could've done it to an extent but the same extent. I can't see who else as a singles star that could've personified the NWA like Flair did. I don't think Turner would've bought JCP out, I think Vince would've. I think there would've been greater room for the UWF and Bill Watts who was the most likely candidate to take the second spot. Turner probably would've taken his money to Watts. The wrestling world would be completely different

TaNK

I think that WWE would still be the same and there would be different Icon and ME'ers if you will.

Midas

I think the problem with this is that there are so many different situations that would have been effected by Flair not being there which is why people believe his absense would have effected the total sport of wrestling.

Yes wrestling today would look alot different because lets say Flair never faced Macho at WM 8 and instead he faced Hogan for the title. Savage missed a spot and Hogan was paralyzed...

Tons of these what ifs pop up but wrestling as a sport would not have been effected...

Magnum TA had his career shortened and lets say that it didn't and he became as big as Flair and we were sitting here saying "What if Magnum TA didn't recover from the car crash?"

Wrestling would still be around and probably would have went through the same ups and downs as it has gone through and alot of small details we know of would have been altered and some for the GOOD and some for the bad...