News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

True Blood

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, July 10, 2009, 12:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

True Blood is one hell of a TV  show. When I found out it was based of a book series I immediately went on the hunt for the Sookie Stackhouse novels.

Has anyone read them?

If there any good or not please let me know.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Judge

I've been listening to the audio books (you can find them on any decent torrent site)

The person reading them does a good job.

Offically they're called The Southern Vampire Mysteries.  There's 8 so far.

! JDM The Professional !

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

jayjames

I've read them all and they're fantastic.

They're all written from the perspective of Sookie herself, so be ready for that if you do begin reading them.

The name of the first book is Dead Until Dark.

Zombie Gunn

I'm just recently getting into the show.  Not bad, but it kinda reminds me of twilight.

! JDM The Professional !

its nothing like twilight!

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Judge

Not a goddamn thing like Twilight.

Fnord

How dare you compare it to Twilght!  You shall be banned!

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Zombie Gunn

LOL, I'll have you know I watched Twilight and have seen 3 episodes of True Blood.  It's Twilight with sex and profanity.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there Jesse.  Yes there is the same premise.  Relationship between vampire and mortal woman, but that was how a majority of vampire stories and movies were done.  Twilight was absolutely horrible, the writing sucked, the actors were plain fucking boring with the exception of the psychic sister.  True Blood doesn't have their actors sounding like OMG he's a vampire and I like totally like you know love him.  The actors are actually believable in their parts.  Anna Paquin is always amazing.  In conclusion.

Twilight=a pile of monkey shit that little girls think is hot.
True Blood= A book that was aimed at people who actually uses their brain cells.
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Judge

Them's fighting words, Jesse.

! JDM The Professional !

im so happy i started this thread :)

And yes, when i went to see twilight with my ex, i fell asleep. No movie with vampires should be that boring. The only thing that woke me up was the moaning noises of every teenage girl in the cinemas when Edward Cullen came on screen and it wasnt the good moaning either! (Dw im a teenager still so i can say that)

and once upon a time when an add for true blood was on, i thought to myself "this show looks alright, i might watch it." I did watch it and it was awesome, the first episode had allot of stereotypical observations to make. for example, terra, the crazy black chick and sam, the obsessive barman. Bill, the scary as fuck vampire and of course sookie, the hypo, fearless waitress. Now as valid as those stereotypes are, throughout the series each character continuously evolves with the story line, which is something twilight couldn't do. Charlaine Harris is a fantastic writer and those who have written the scripts of true blood are legends!

Regards,

Jordan

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Zombie Gunn

Maybe I'm just spoiled by The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice.  To me, I didn't see all that much difference between True Blood and Twilight.  The acting of the supporting cast for True Blood, I'll admit is much better than Twilight's, but the actors that play Sookie and Bill are absolutely awful.  At least, so far.  I've seen the first 3 episodes.  I really like the Tara and Jason's characters and the basic premise of the show is good.  Vampires that everybody knows about.  Maybe the relationship between Sookie and Bill improves as the season progresses, don't know.  I will keep watching, however.

! JDM The Professional !

I suggest you do. This is the ONLY show that has brought a tear to my eye. And thats saying something!

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Quote from: Dazzle on July 22, 2009, 08:51:17 AM
I suggest you do. This is the ONLY show that has brought a tear to my eye. And thats saying something!

Ur gay?
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.