MFX Podcast - WWE Feedback

Started by Duckman, August 25, 2012, 10:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

Ok, so getting more people from EFK (apart from the usual core couple of guys) to be involved with MFX...or maybe even listen to MFX...is like getting blood from a fucking stone.

I don't know why.  Maybe we suck.  Still, I had hoped as we built this place, we might have banked enough good will to get some more support from the folks who use this site every day.  Alas that hasn't been the case.

So, in an attempt to make it even easier for folks here to interact with MFX I'm starting this thread.

If you've got a thought or an opinion on WWE when you watch it.  Leave it here.  Can be ten lines, or ten words.  Can be humours or serious.  Whatever.

Each week I'll take what's been said about Raw, the PPV, hell even Smackdown and NXT and incorporate it into our review of the show.

We can get going with Raw this week and go from there.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

How badly does Bray Wyatt need to be pushed when he gets back from injury? As a very casual fan (maybe watch a dozen or so Raws a year) his gimmick is VERY eye catching to an old school fan.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Strike

Quote from: Cory on August 26, 2012, 09:22:10 AM
How badly does Bray Wyatt need to be pushed when he gets back from injury? As a very casual fan (maybe watch a dozen or so Raws a year) his gimmick is VERY eye catching to an old school fan.

Trust me. Wyatt's gimmick is one of the best things in the company right now and I hope to GOD they don't fuck it up if he goes to RAW or SD!

Snap

Quote from: Duckman on August 25, 2012, 10:03:53 AM
Ok, so getting more people from EFK (apart from the usual core couple of guys) to be involved with MFX...or maybe even listen to MFX...is like getting blood from a fucking stone.

I don't know why.  Maybe we suck.

No, certainly not. I can't speak for anybody but myself, but no matter what the quality it's a bloody long podcast and the only times I can listen to it doesn't do it justice. If I go the convenient route of listening to it while I'm doing stuff online, I'll inevitably miss stuff because of whatever my activities might be and if I listen to it when I have no other distractions... when I'm going to sleep, I'll end up falling asleep long before it is over.

I'm terrible with feedback, I know, but there's only so many times the ego-stroking can be done and then I potentially come along with something like "I don't really care for music bits, etc." like a buzzkill and look like I just have a negative opinion... much like the above comment about the length.

As everything is already well structured, perhaps instead of putting out one massive podcast covering everything that week, it might help to have a "WWE" part and a "TNA" part with any extra "parts" when applicable. Just a thought.

Goldferg

Gonna write my thoughts as i have them

Nice promo by Punk even if he did trip over his lines a bit. Although Punk vs King... ew...

... King totally fails at being a tough guy. 'I'll think about it'. Seriously? That's your badass boast?

jobber entrance for SWAGGAH again? and he's fighting SkipBerg? Future endeavours beckon methinks.

Does anyone else when Cole says 'so and so trying to knock so and so off' it sounds like he's makeing a wank joke? no? just me?

... Cena vs Miz? No WWE, just no. When you give somebody the secondary title belt you're not supposed to job them to your main eventers over and over and over.

... and now Natalya's jobbing again.

missed the match because my internet crapped out. where did Vickie come from?

... think AJ missed her cue.

... didn't HHH get 'fired' as whatever he was for doing exactly the same thing?

Wonder if they'll show any Hunter Hearst Helmsley 'blueblood' packages.

Aw, I was hoping DB would be doing this in his ring gear.

... this segment is pants on head retarded.

no Jerry, 14 year olds have way more maturity than you.

so... if Lawler just left commentary, does that mean we get Sonic commentary?

Did Cena say the home of TVR or DDR?

oh please don't tell me this is a one man announce team... fuck it is. I need a drink. I need several drinks.

SONIC!

... i'd forgotten how lame Sonic is on commentary

Kane can TEXT?!

Did Slater get a POP?!

... did I just hear Santino say 'come on you sonofabitch?'

I love how Sandow carries his mic like a wine/brandy glass.

they mentioned Katie Vick?

... they're doing this again next week? No. No! NO! NO!!! NO!!!

little Jimmy's illegally in the ring! DQ!!

Wish Ziggler had swiped Jericho's disco coat of awesome as well as his intro music

IT'S A SHAMEFUL THING! LOBSTER HEAD!

who the fuck did Otunga piss off?

So not a fan of AJ just naming Cena the #1 contender. Personally I'd have rather had Punk kick Lawler's head off, then challenge Cena again, but this time with the stip of when Punk beats him Cena has to officially acknowledge him as best in the world.

Lame cage match is lame.

"get the cage up! Get it up! I'm totally concerned about Lawler but not so concerned that I'll actually try climbing it'

Why didn't Punk pull the 'if you want me to stop beating Lawler, just admit I'm the best in the world' card? They seem to be obsessed with making him the heel.

Pretty meh show all round really.
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Tezmission Black

They had such a awesome opportunity to set up Brock vs HHH 2 as well as Brock vs Undertaker tonight, and they dropped the ball.

Pretty much have HHH saying all this stuff about being beaten and broken, and then have Taker come out, point to the tron and a video package of the first time he and HHH fought and the result, then fast forward a year to HHH vs Taker 2 and the result of that one. Then point to HHH and tell him that he has that inside of him.

Then whenever the HHH vs Brock match happened and HHH wins then Brock can blame Taker for giving HHH the inspiration and that can set up for Brock vs Taker at WM!

My thoughts for the whole Punk/Cena situation, I think the only way it could work is if they had Punk go over at Night of Champions and WWE do a injury angle and keep Cena out, and have Punk become the main eventer and runs roughshod threw-out everyone placed in front of him. Then when the Rumble comes around have Rock vs Punk and have Rock win the title, then later that night have Cena come out and win the Rumble(I know..AGAIN).

At Elimination Chamber have Rock compete and retain in his Chamber match where he comes out first and Punk comes out last and then set it up for Rock vs Cena 2 at WM for the title, that way we can once again have Cena prove he is better than everyone else by beating Rock and winning the title again at WM, finally getting his revenge from last years WM.

Just my thoughts on two of the main angles.

jagilki

Kane at Anger Management was gold.

Harold was Scorpio Sky (Although I was calling him Maven in the SB) and apparently the Anger Management skits were recorded last week sometime.  Scorpio had a tryout match set for sometime SummerSlam weekend and apparently no showed it.....

Oh, and J-Vo, Cena said "Home of PBR" Pabst Blue Ribbon, Beer of choice for hipster douchebags. 

Hondo

You can pretty much sum up the entire WWE library over the past few years with one segment from last night. And from it, you can see how much different the pro wrestling landscape really is than in its heyday.

That segment being when Vickie was calling out AJ, and she comes out and basically catfights with her. And Jerry Lawler, the bastion of morality and decency that he is, calls for "someone to stop this".

Five years ago, he'd be calling for them to tongue kiss each other mid-ring.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Hondo

Quote from: jagilki on August 28, 2012, 07:29:08 AM

Oh, and J-Vo, Cena said "Home of PBR" Pabst Blue Ribbon, Beer of choice for hipster douchebags. 

And fat rednecks. Don't forget the fat rednecks.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

jagilki

QuoteJohn Cena ‏@JohnCena

In unrelated news, lots of @PabstBlueRibbon fans out there. Milwaukee is where they brew it. Home is where i enjoy it #alwaysberesponsible

aaaand, douches who just try way too hard it seems.

Cory

Why does everyone assume HHH vs Lesnar 2 will happen? Lesnar beat him clean and their just hyping "I'll get him next time" and that's it. No real motive and sounds like they have no other moves in place for Lesnar

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

jagilki

QuoteOh, and J-Vo, Cena said "Home of PBR" Pabst Blue Ribbon, Beer of choice for hipster douchebags. 

Hondo

Duckman

This is gold people.  Fucking gold!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Rob

I still really enjoy everything involving King... I grew up watching WWE with him on it and he was so good at making me care about what was on TV because lets face it Gangrel vs D-Lo Brown would not usually be an entertaining match. I think it's wise for WWE to try and put over Punk as heel with King because lets face it, King gets huge pops whenever he talks and he's probably the best current wrestler to really try and attempt to put Punk over as heel.

The only other logical feud would be Orton but WWE are seemingly steering him WELL clear of any title... I am saying this 7 minutes into the latest Raw so I don't know.

Oh and for the record, the show on my recording started 5 minutes in, 4 minutes of that was clips and opening.. It's overkill and just goes to show 3 hours is mostly filled with fucking clips...
SixersEagles

[/center]