WWE PPV: Wrestlemania 31 News/Rumors

Started by Fnord, April 12, 2014, 06:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

¿PapaPancho?

Excellent points on both sides. Being their and having paid a buttload for my seats (lets just say its more than the 9.99 they charge on the network) I got my moneys worth and then some.

Live i think even the most jaded and cynical fan would have to shut up and applaud.

Flins.

My only issue with the Sting/HHH match (entrances aside) is that I am a huge fan of Sting, and that match felt like he was just the gateway to having the nWo/DX moment. They had this huge build up around Sting and him finally coming to the WWE and that match was our return... the fans that have waited and wondered about him coming to the WWE and it gets turned into a 'nostalgic' moment that was largely illogical. I winced through the old man bumps, wondered when DX became the bad guys, and groaned when HHH got the win the way he did. The only upside is, that given it was a clusterfuck of a final third and didn't end clean, we should still see Sting again. (I didn't see his thingy on the WWE network so no idea what was said there).

Mike Powers

Quote from: ¿PapaPancho? on April 02, 2015, 05:53:52 AM
Excellent points on both sides. Being their and having paid a buttload for my seats (lets just say its more than the 9.99 they charge on the network) I got my moneys worth and then some.

Live i think even the most jaded and cynical fan would have to shut up and applaud.

Absolutely.  Just about any wrestling show is awesome when you're there.  It isn't until you're driving home that you start to go "wait a minute.....that made no fucking sense!!"

Chris Stern

Quote from: Mike Powers on April 02, 2015, 04:18:05 PM
Absolutely.  Just about any wrestling show is awesome when you're there.  It isn't until you're driving home that you start to go "wait a minute.....that made no fucking sense!!"

or when you re-watch it when you get home.

Drama Queen

I thought it was a pretty decent show all in all, though had its share of flaws. My friends talked me into watching and I'm glad. (it was on condition that we watch walking dead immediately after, I was exhausted Monday in work)

Tag match: I was looking forward to this one beforehand. I love watching the usos, and I love watching cesaro in action, and he's doing great work with Kidd. Some of the spots felt a bit forced however, but all in all 'twas a decent if not spectacular opener.

Battle royal: this match was a lot of fun. I agree with Hondo that due to the depush of cesaro, the relevancy of this match is zilch, but at least it was an enjoyable spectacle. From the get go! Curtis axel, whatcha gonna do? Damian sandow got over as much as he needed. He did not need to win it all, he just needed to be entertaining, and trying to bite big shows fingers on the ropes towards the end is the sort of humorous detail that gets him over huge with the fans.

To be honest, I don't see why big show winning is an issue when we all agreed and bitched about how the match is meaningless anyway.

Intercontinental ladder match: meh. No need for this to be honest. Start having to many of these multi climber matches and the MITB is going to become less and less appealing each year. Also I don't think former world champions should compete for, let alone hold, secondary titles. I don't think that elevates the title, so much as devalues the player. Then again when you have as many former world champions as wwe has, then this problem is unavoidable.

Was Rollins/Orton next? I think so right? Either way, I really enjoyed this one. I have the complete opposite view of Orton than Powers does. I Love the methodical approach. And Seth Rollins is amazing. Hey Hondo, remember when you and I were not really feeling Rollins as the top heel? I take that back since the royal rumble. Sure, he should probably turn face some day, but for now what he's doing works.

Divas tag match was a well worked match, even if AJ did kind of oversell her ring apron injuries.

Hhh/sting.... Was fucking retarded. I mean seriously. Flins nailed it right on the money. The build up since survivor series was all for this crap? No, I didn't get a kick from DX staring down the NWO... Because there was no actual reason for them to be in the same place for it to happen! Teej, you talk about how people watching other tv shows would not over analyze things like this, but that's not true. As much as people switch loyalties in game of thrones, there is always a reason. There was no reason whatsoever here and you're honestly stretching logic to its thinnest. I'm not saying this to be argumentative, like I say I enjoyed e show overall, but this match did nothing for me whatsoever.

Us title match... What an entrance by Rusev. That's a wrestlemania moment in itself. But... Then we were treated to the most horrible jingoistic video package crap, the exact sort of thing that makes Americans hated worldwide, I mean, I have to ask, was this supposed to get cena cheered or booed? Fucking wwe go on and on about how worldwide they are and then expect people to jump up and down for this crap? Didn't even work with the live crowd IN the USA as far as I could hear! And Ronald Reagan quote "when enemies of freedom, blah,blah,blah" , I guess that's Rusev? You know for expressing his opinion about USA... I would have thought that makes him a champion of freedom.

Anyway, silly gripe, I know. As well as my thing, remember I mentioned earlier about former world champions and secondary titles? But yeah, that's just me I suppose. The match itself was quite good though, I will admit.

Taker/Wyatt... What's wrong with you guys, the scarecrow entrance was cool.... It was so bray Wyatt! Nora's good as the live band playing his theme last year, but I still quite enjoyed it. The match itself was decent, not up to par with taker classics prior to last year, but good nonetheless. I was rooting for bray, but it's always hard to be disappointed when you see taker doing is celebration on one knee in the ring. The walking full wheel meets the sit up was classic.

The segment with Ronda rousey was ok I guess. I really don't care about the rock that much. He's an east bay boy now? Isn't he somehow connected to just about everywhere? I don't watch mma, but I've heard of rousey obviously, so I appreciated it being a big deal.

The main event was perfect. I was so nervous about reigns mounting a comeback... Again, it's not that I dislike reigns... I actually like him quite a lot... But a comeback from THAT would have been so unrealistic, there would have been no credibility at all. Wwe played it perfectly.

I can't recall if I missed anything. It DOES seem like there were no real feuds asided from rollins/orton that were built up, so yeah it does feel a bit empty despite the fact that what they did, they mostly did very good and finished spectacularly.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Mike Powers on April 02, 2015, 04:18:05 PM

NegatiVe.

4 days later and were planning a trip to WM 32. Guess im just wired differently than you guys. Some of the complaints that have been brought i couldnt even fathom but to each their own.

I also discovered my brother was Russian considering how hard he marked for Rusev his entrance and his moves. That or im starring in the El Rey version of The Americans ....

Mike Powers

Quote from: Drama Queen on April 02, 2015, 09:51:25 PM
I have the complete opposite view of Orton than Powers does. I Love the methodical approach.

I've got nothing against the methodical approach. It's Orton's approach to the methodical approach that bores me to tears.

GM Franchise

I still haven't watched this but I'll give it a watch when I get back from vacation and posts thoughts.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible