News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Civic Duties!

Started by T-Bonizzle, November 05, 2012, 10:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

Quote from: Russ on November 06, 2012, 06:14:16 PM
I'm not even American and I've got my Huffington Post election results dashboard open! Woo me!

It's actually quite exciting that I get a notification every time a new county declares...

got the same dashboard open ...

vote for Obama ... but I am in texas , not going to help much  , but I feel good
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Triple B

I came into this thread because it said "Duty" and I giggled.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Alex Smiley

The awards podcast must be coming up soon, B's posting again.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Justin

Quote from: Cory on November 06, 2012, 09:27:27 PM
Looking at everything I would go Johnson too. Romney is better than Obama....but really those two are a douche and turd sandwich.

I'm curious as to why you think Romney is better than Obama.

Hondo

Quote from: JustinP on November 07, 2012, 08:59:03 AM
I'm curious as to why you think Romney is better than Obama.

Because that's his opinion.

Not trying to be rude or anything, but if he thinks Romney was better, then that's his right and it'd be wrong of us to call him out on it.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Fnord

I don't think P was trying to be rude or wrong.  I think he was just curious to hear him elaborate on his opinion.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Hondo

But why even ask? I myself try to stay as far away from political talk as I can, because it ONLY causes problems.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Justin

First of all, your tone isn't needed.  He has a right to his opinion and I have a right to ask a question.  If he chooses not to answer that's his choice and I'm okay with that.  Just because you choose to stay away from politics doesn't mean myself or anyone else has to.  And if that's the case then don't post in this thread.  I didn't bash him for saying he thought Romney was better, I just simply asked his opinion.  If I'm not mistaken, Cory lives in Canada so I wanted to know the opinion of a non-American on why they thought Romney was better.  Plus, we are all adults so I don't see why we can't have spirited conversation about anything on these forums without disrespecting one another.

Hondo

I apologize if that sounded coarse. Not my intention. But if life has taught me one thing, it's that politics and religion shouldn't be discussed among friends, else friends walk away enemies. Happens without fail.

Justin

I feel that those two issues can be discussed.  The issue is that people only want to think their opinion is right and can't respect the opposite view point.

Cory

From outsider looking it it just seemed like Obama wanted to cut the debt without really taking much away which seems in Lehman terms "Im going to cut the debt while still being able to spend the same amount of money that got us into this place" and Romney is plain and simple "to cut the debt we're going to have to limit spending and eliminate programs to do so."

I like Obama, I dont like his supporters stigma. Obama wants a 8 college playoffs bracket in football...awesome. Hes more relatable to an average man than Romney. But a lot of Obama supporters at least from up here in Canada looking down try to involve race, and if you don't vote for Obama your a racist or ignorant. Now it could be completely different in US, but here in Canada (like it EVEN matters) I have people on Facebook that I played football with and they've made countless statuses about "If you vote anything but Obama you're a racist" to sum it up. I donno, that stuff bothers me.

Then again if I did have the right to vote I would have voted for Gary Johnson. Libertarian seems the way to go, less government is good government. We dont have that here in Canada, but we dont nearly have as much privacy and big government issues I read about in the states and I love it.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

And no ill will Hondo, I dont have a big prerogative about this that could spark an argument. Im Canadian so it really isnt a heart-felt issues like it could be for some of you yanks. I only care about what leaders will affect Canada, so I only focus on like 5% of what each candidate offered/said.

Fnord

I always knew Cory was a Canadian racist.   ;)

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Cory

Hahaha, I wish.

I went out with a black chick in grade 11 and I have 4 black friends!!!!!!! hahaha. I CANT be a racist. ;), Thats 5 black people.....1/2 of the total black population in Canada jeez....

But no, if it was a personality election I'd vote for Obama. If I wanted shit done I would have voted Ron Paul, and then Gary Johnson.