News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Dallas

Started by Ty, July 07, 2016, 11:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

Quote from: Jon on July 08, 2016, 05:48:04 PM
Yep, I'm what's wrong with this country.

Blame me!!!!!!

Ignorant bro.

But to Gates point, by no means am I saying those cops lives don't matter. What happened was an absolute disgrace and my prayers go out to their families. My point is that a majority of the people piping up on behalf of the cops weren't piping up for those innocent black men killed at the hands of the police. For whatever reason most white people have an innate fear of black people, more so black men. These police killings of black men are not isolated events. It happens quite frequently and has even happened here in Charlotte where I live. If you are a police officer and are afraid or intimidated by a black person, Hispanic pperson, or a white person for whatever reason, you should not be a police officer. And people with the whole All Lives Matter just make things worse cause they don't speak up when the black men are killed at the hands of the police and act as if race is not an issue.

I don't know what it's like to be a black man nor will I ever pretend to know. However I am a human being and a man and I have a fucking problem when people cry foul because Cecil the Lion got killed or a gorilla got killed but when a black man killed at the hands of the police gets killed they go silent.

Justin

Quote from: Ty on July 08, 2016, 05:56:26 PM
That's racist!?

Wait, aren't you a white guy living in that country?

Yep and as a white man I am appalled at the silence of my people during these tragedies because they don't want to be uncomfortable or because it doesn't hit home directly.

Jon

Quote from: Justin on July 08, 2016, 06:02:18 PM
My point is that a majority of the people piping up on behalf of the cops weren't piping up for those innocent black men killed at the hands of the police.

That kind of goes both ways.

Quote from: Justin on July 08, 2016, 06:02:18 PMI don't know what it's like to be a black man nor will I ever pretend to know. However I am a human being and a man and I have a fucking problem when people cry foul because Cecil the Lion got killed or a gorilla got killed but when a black man killed at the hands of the police gets killed they go silent.

People have been outraged by the events. There have been protests... yes... with people of ALL races attending it. Media has been covering it non-stop. I can't watch the news without rightfully hearing about it. I honestly could care less about what the media does... or who is caring about it. What matters is making the system right to where these type of events don't happen.   

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Black Death

I got no comment ... your all my brothers

:grouphug:

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Ty

Quote from: Black Death on July 08, 2016, 06:20:22 PM
I got no comment ... your all my brothers

:grouphug:

This is how racism ends. That or forced mixed marriages :p

Midas

Mike Powers

Quote from: Gates on July 08, 2016, 05:50:57 PM
It's true. We shouldn't care about the police officers and their lives/families, but we should stay focused on the matter at hand, and that is that the officers are always using brute force against innocent black men. Black lives matter. If a white guy was having the same treatment no one would care.

Listen, I get that race is a big thing, it probably always will be. I don't think we will ever live in a time when race isn't an issue. But I don't think the way people protest helps the situation any. Even if you exclude the Dallas situation, haven't there been other protests that lead to violence on cops, and then we are stuck in a situation where cops are going to fear for their safety in situations and use improper force. It's a vicious circle.

Now, the events in Dallas were a bit different. Snipers (or so I've heard, been in Montreal most of the week)? Jesus. That's more then just some guys taking it to the cops. That's pre-meditated murder right there. But we shouldn't worry about that and just focus on the black lives that matter. I don't doubt that whoever the snipers were were there to cause shit. There are people in this world who just want to see it burn so when events like this are planned they will attend and just cause shit. Is it a conspiracy? Man, that's a tall stretch.

I will close this by saying yes I might be ill informed. Yes I might not have all the facts. All lives matter regardless of race. Do people see that? No, but the protests about it prove they don't care about other races. Or maybe that's just my thoughts.

Couldn't read a word past the bolded line. It's difficult to have real conversations when people on both sides of an issue go to hyperbole and extremes.

Gates

Quote from: Mike Powers on July 08, 2016, 06:32:20 PM
Couldn't read a word past the bolded line. It's difficult to have real conversations when people on both sides of an issue go to hyperbole and extremes.

The first paragraph was supposed to be read with sarcasm.

Mike Powers

Also, when you look at the facts, the numbers of whites vs blacks killed by cops last year were roughly equal. I'm not saying that there isn't racial inequality in this country, or racism. I am saying that "Cops Kill Blacks!!" is a media driven headline that drives clicks and ratings.

Mike Powers

Quote from: Gates on July 08, 2016, 06:35:59 PM
The first paragraph was supposed to be read with sarcasm.

Okay good. Sometimes sarcasm/inflection can be tough to spot in a written medium.

Drama Queen

I hear you Justin, and agree completely.

Adam Wrong

2 black men and half a dozen cops die and everybody loses their minds. It's global news...

250 people were killed in a terror attack in Iraq this week... those lives don't matter to anybody apparently.

GM Franchise

I love how 64 people being shot with 4 of them being killed in Chicago over the Fourth of July holiday weekend isn't all over the news. That relates to this issue but NO ONE is taking about it. If you're ignoring this news story  and only focusing on what the cops are doing you're a hypocrite, bottom line. You can't ignore gun violence like that if you're talking about this issue. But then again the media and social activists don't want to talk about it because the cops weren't involved in any of it. The people instigating this stuff on both sides are the problem in my opinion.

Quote from: Mike Powers on July 08, 2016, 06:36:54 PM
Also, when you look at the facts, the numbers of whites vs blacks killed by cops last year were roughly equal. I'm not saying that there isn't racial inequality in this country, or racism. I am saying that "Cops Kill Blacks!!" is a media driven headline that drives clicks and ratings.

Bingo, this is the truth.

Quote from: Adam Wrong on July 08, 2016, 07:21:38 PM
2 black men and half a dozen cops die and everybody loses their minds. It's global news...

250 people were killed in a terror attack in Iraq this week... those lives don't matter to anybody apparently.

This is true too. ISIS pulled off attacks in Turkey, Iraq, and Bangladesh. Instead we get saturated with this stuff on the news.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

Don't get me started on gun violence and the Republicans lack of pushing tougher gun laws. And while you bring up a great point James it's hard not to talk about this when there is explicit video of cops killing two black men who were doing nothing wrong which goes along with other numerous videos of them doing the same thing.  We have a long way to go as a people on regards to respect for each other's lives but when the police are being vigilantes you can't turn a blind eye to that. Just like so many people turn a blind eye to the justice system as a whole and it's inequality.

T-Bonizzle

You're attributing the actions of a small percentage of cops to all the cops and that's a problem. 99.9% of cops are great and don't gun down black men.

Let me try something...a thought experiment.

Hey guys this Dallas thing is awful, black people are attacking cops all over the country and this is a systematic problem.

That wasn't a fair statement to make either.

Is racism a systematic problem in the country? Absolutely. Is it then fair to generalize all law enforcement as the root of the problem? No....