News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

RVP will not sign a new contract

Started by Rob.B, July 04, 2012, 02:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob.B

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2168806/Robin-van-Persie-refuses-sign-Arsenal-contract.html

Arsenal look set to lose another one of their best players. This could hit Arsenal a lot harder than losing Fabregas when you consider that Van Persie considering he was involved in 43 of Arsenal's 74 league goals last season. With RVP going it looks like Arsenal fans will have a longer wait for silverware.

Cory

He did state that talks would still continue...so I wouldnt say the door is completly shut.

But this is a scary situation.

A) Do we shop him out this window or risk him leaving next season for nothing?
B) Podolski/Gervinho/Giroud are all quality players, so we have options to find goals if he exits
C) "different plans for the future" or whatever RVP stated......does that mean Arsenal still refuse to spend the money needed to win trophies?

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

FXBlade

Cunt.

He wanted to leave the middle of last season, he can leave now.

Rob.B

Judging by what I'm seeing on Sky Sports News, it looks like RVP will be gone from Arsenal by the end of the summer.

Podolski/Gervinho/Giroud are good players but two out of the three are unproven in the premiership and Gervinho hasn't exactly set the world alight. I think they need a big name striker to get the goals for them although I can't see them getting a massive amount for RVP since he only has one year left on his contract. In losing RVP, they're losing over half over their goal tally.

Also heard that City could be his most likely destination, I'm sure he'll be popular when he goes back to the emirates...

Cory

Giroud is 6'4" and have a much better finish then Bendter....but I agree stil unproven.

Podolski on the other hand is a fantastic pickup. Very experienced for 26.....100 caps for Germany, strong powerful player, just as good as RVP from set pieces IMO......as long as they let him play in the middle like he used to for Bayern, and not on the wing like he plays for Germany I think Podolski will be gold.

and agree with Gervinho, played well....but wasnt jaw dropping....but I think a year experience in the prem will help him next year.

As for replacing RVP.....not a whole lot of guys out there. Benzema maybe...but he looked like complete shit at the Euros and dishing out lots of cash for him wouldnt be uplifting. I've heard Lewandewski and Huntelaar tossed around as potential replacements too.

FXBlade

This seems familiar...

Adebayor anyone?

Cory

I think RVP has some loyal genes in his body and wouldnt leave for scum.

I could see Real or Juve

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Podolski will be a flop in the Premier league he is overrated and that is why big clubs have avoided him in recent years and thats also why Arsenal who are no longer able to attract and hold onto big players are in for him

RVP was always going to go...I am not sure if City need him, if they do look for Super Mario or Tevez to exit.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Rob.B

I can't see Tevez sticking around much longer, not to mention there's been rumours of Dzeko leaving as well. City will more than likely be adding another striker to their sqaud, I would be surprised to see RVP at the etihad next season.

Smash INC

Having read the statement, RVP has clearly been tapped up and has been turned by the money. Considering that the club and the manager puts years of faith into him that only to have that truly begin to come back as of the last 18 months.

RVP would've had every right to negotiate a contract, he could've also ran out the last 12 months and left on a Bosman with no hard feelings. But the statement he's released, the timing and the message of it create one simple outcome. He has to be sold, he has to be sol now and he's lost every right he would've had.

Who RVP signs with is now whoever is in the best interest of the club, not him. If it ends up being City and the spaceship money they have then so be it but when RVP goes the only thing that matters is what the club get from it. He's not part of the club, he's not a Gunner and he's not important.

Additionally, the lessons from last year with Cesc have been learnt and Giroud/Podolski as signings can help ease the burden that was created and put RVP in a position where the club relied on him. Arsenal aren't in a position to find another player who will score as much as RVP did, but with the burden shared the total goals will rise and in the end I reckon the club and the team will be better for it.

Jerry McClean

If City don't go for him they should look at someone like Llorente. Although I remember hearing a rumour about them being interested in Kalou last season so if he hasn't signed for anyone else yet maybe they'll just get him and leave the money in the bank as usual...

I never had any doubt that he would go. And I think Walcott will be off as well. How Arsenal do next season will be very interesting...but I'm not hopeful for them.