News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2014 NFL Off-season Thread

Started by Cory, February 19, 2014, 09:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

Quote from: JustinP on May 11, 2014, 01:52:48 PM
In others words..

Everybody San Diego drafted is a good fit.

+1

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Jon

Quote from: Cory on May 11, 2014, 12:58:22 PM
Litterally texted almost this identical thing to my buddy who asked me about the pick.

On Twitter I CALLED Watkins and Reynolds and their great. After coming to the assuming Philly wants Jenkins/Wolff.....which if Wolf can stay healthy can be a good pair of starting safeties....Reynolds has the measurable to be a great depth guy.

Watkins (as a Gator fan) was and is the best out of the 3 Gator corners in the draft. Purifoy and Roberson were overhyped, which Watkins consistantly would shut guys down, and is more athletically well rounder than either. Glad we got him....could see him land a starting job after camp.

I too disliked the Oregon moves. Huff is alright....but we could have attacked someone with more value here. Huff is our 4th guy, maybe 5th if Benn is healthy....we could have gone Oline to get some guard depth or a secondary player...but Im happy with Watkins and Reynolds, but again Chip may have packages already that Huff will be able to be used in day 1, so Like I said earlier Chip in his first draft did excellent aside from Barkley....so we have to assume he did a good job once more.

Love the UDFA pick up of Trey Burton, and Henry Josey, but damn there was still some defensive talent im shocked we didnt go for, ESPECIALLY the linebackers.

- SS Craig Loston (Still out there)
- CB Marcus Roberson (Still out there)
- LB Shayne Skov (Niners)
- LB Max Bullough (Texans)
- LB Christian Jones (Bears)
- LB Adrian Hubbard (Still out there)
- DT DeAndre Coleman (Jags)

I was pleased we picked up Watkins in the 4th Round. He was someone I really liked out of the secondary draftees that would go on Day 2/3. Huff and Hart... that is just Chip getting guys that knows his system. I guess you could call it smart in a way... but I thought there was better value on the board when Huff was picked. Instead of Huff, I would have liked to see Moncrief from Miss State or Dri Archer from Kent State picked there.

As for Hart, I actually really like the kid. He has the potential to turn into a productive pass rusher.

I really liked our Day 3 picks. Even Beau Allen has some traits that could get him some playing time this upcoming season.

Cory

...wasnt Martavis Bryant too from Clemson still there when Huff was taken? Would much rather him too.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

Sad to say, at least here in Canada, I`ve seen more about Michael Sam getting pick 7th last than Clowney or any other 1st round pick.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Cory on May 11, 2014, 05:21:47 PM
Sad to say, at least here in Canada, I`ve seen more about Michael Sam getting pick 7th last than Clowney or any other 1st round pick.

Don't know why it's sad because it's the same here.

Jon

Quote from: Cory on May 11, 2014, 05:21:47 PM

And rightfully so, he's made NFL history. Clowney was drafted on Thursday... he was talked about quite a bit the day after. Sam was drafted last night... so it makes sense.

What's sad is how far he fell.

Would have loved him in Eagle green.

Doug E Fresh

Justin

Quote from: Jon on May 11, 2014, 05:41:35 PM
And rightfully so, he's made NFL history. Clowney was drafted on Thursday... he was talked about quite a bit the day after. Sam was drafted last night... so it makes sense.

What's sad is how far he fell.

Would have loved him in Eagle green.

He will be a special teams player at best. Hes undersized height wise and lacks speed.  He had one productive year and scouts knew that.

J-Reb

Quote from: JustinP on May 12, 2014, 04:39:07 PM
He will be a special teams player at best. Hes undersized height wise and lacks speed.  He had one productive year and scouts knew that.

Agreed.

I'm not sure he even makes that team in St. Louis.  Chances are he'll spend the year on the practice squad.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I'd love to find out more about him being gay. I don't think I have heard enough about that or the religious values of Tim Tebow.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Justin

Kaepernick is not worth $110 million. Hes not even a Top 10 quarterback.

Jon

Quote from: JustinP on June 05, 2014, 07:21:31 AM
Kaepernick is not worth $110 million. Hes not even a Top 10 quarterback.

I think he's easily a top 10 QB.

Who are the 10 QBs you'd have in front of him?

My list:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Tom Brady
4. Drew Brees
5. Andrew Luck
6. Russell Wilson
7. Philip Rivers
8. Colin Kaepernick
9. Matthew Stafford
10. Ben Roethlisberger

Justin

Quote from: Jon on June 05, 2014, 07:41:20 AM
I think he's easily a top 10 QB.

Who are the 10 QBs you'd have in front of him?

My list:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Tom Brady
4. Drew Brees
5. Andrew Luck
6. Russell Wilson
7. Philip Rivers
8. Colin Kaepernick
9. Matthew Stafford
10. Ben Roethlisberger

Other than the ones you listed...

Matt Ryan
Cam Newton
RGIII (healthy)
Eli Manning

Jon

Quote from: JustinP on June 05, 2014, 08:44:35 AM
Other than the ones you listed...

Matt Ryan
Cam Newton
RGIII (healthy)
Eli Manning

Cam Newton is the only one I would even consider into my Top 10.

Eli Manning isn't even Top 15 material.

Justin

So you don't think Matt Ryan is better than Big Ben, Matthew Stafford, or Phillip Rivers?