News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

"Evil Dead" New and Rumors

Started by Chris Stern, March 02, 2013, 07:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Stern

So yesterday at a UK event for the upcoming Oz the great and powerful, Sam Raimi when asked about the Evil Dead films and why there was no sequel to Army of Darkness(Evil Dead 3), Sam responded "I would love to make Evil Dead 4. My brother and I plan to work on the script this summer" this little tidbit was then tweeted by Disney UK's official twitter

https://twitter.com/DisneyMoviesUK/status/307582157650542593

So it seems we may finally see Bruce play Ash one more time.

Black Death

If I remember the original ending of Army of Darkness left room for a another one. Ash over sleeping and waking up in the future... The apocalypse had occurred.

so yeah it would be nice to see if they play off that ending , were Ash fights the creatures of the Apocalypse  to try to change the world back 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Fnord

Sam Raimi Wants Two Different "Evil Dead" Franchises

Despite the fact that the "Evil Dead" reboot is produced by Sam Raimi and is set to hit theaters April 5th, Raimi just revealed that he is also working on "Evil Dead 4," which would continue the story created in his original "Evil Dead" film, as well as "Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn" and "Army of Darkness."

"I would love to make 'Evil Dead 4.' My brother and I plan to work on the script this summer," he said during a press conference for "Oz The Great and Powerful." The brother he's talking about is likely Ivan Raimi, who co-wrote "Drag Me to Hell," "Army of Darkness" and "Darkman."

If "Evil Dead 4" becomes real and the "Evil Dead" reboot is successful, it seems that we may have two different "Evil Dead" franchises taking place at the same time. Stay tuned for more details as Raimi continues to answer questions at "Oz" press conferences.

Source: BleedingCool

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Alex Smiley

Or, the reboot can be successful and Sam's all "Nah man, I just did that reboot for s**ts and giggles."

Seriously, I'm looking forward to the reboot to see how the concept can be presented as more of a straight up horror flick, but it can stand on its own.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Fnord

Sam Raimi Says Fans Forcing Him to Make "Evil Dead 4"

Despite that the "Evil Dead" reboot is set to hit theaters next month, Sam Raimi recently revealed that he is planning to write the script for "Evil Dead 4" this summer with his brother Ivan Reitman (Drag Me to Hell, Army of Darkness, Darkman).

Now that Sam Raimi is promoting "Oz The Great and Powerful," he revealed that he's eager to make "Evil Dead 4," which would follow the events of the original three films, but it's far from a sure thing.

"I would like to work on the script over the summer. That much is true," he confirmed. "But the reason to come back and do it again is only that they're making me, those fans. I am thinking about it, but a crowd goes 'Come on Sam, do it!' so I said 'Okay.' But I feel like I was pushed into saying that, a little bit."

He continued: "I was saying to Ivan 'Why do they stay on this thing? Why do they keep at it?' And he said 'They want you to make a movie. You're a filmmaker and your fans are asking you to make the movie.' It makes sense when Ivan says it... I didn't have a tremendous amount of passion until right now to bring to it."

If this happens, and the upcoming "Evil Dead" reboot is successful, we may end up with two different and simultaneous "Evil Dead" franchises.

Source: BleedingCool

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Stoner

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Fnord

"Evil Dead 2" Already in the Works

The upcoming "Evil Dead" reboot is set to hit theaters on April 5th, but the film just premiered at the SXSW film festival. According to Twitter comments from those who saw the movie, the response has been very positive.

During the screening, director Fede Alvarez told the crowd that Sony and the producers believe in "Evil Dead" so much that they have already greenlit a sequel, adding that a script is now being written.

Meanwhile, Sam Raimi, who produced the reboot, is planning to write a sequel to his original "Evil Dead" films. He recently revealed that he'll begin writing "Evil Dead 4" this summer. No word how two different "Evil Dead" franchises will be handled.

Source: STYD

Fnord

"Evil Dead 4" is Actually "Army of Darkness 2"

Sony Pictures recently revealed that it is moving forward with a sequel to the upcoming "Evil Dead" reboot. Meanwhile, Sam Raimi, who produced the reboot, is planning to begin writing the script for "Evil Dead 4," which is a continuation of his original "Evil Dead" trilogy.

Now, Raimi's producing partner Rob Tapert has revealed that the two "Evil Dead" franchises will never have to compete against each other, because "Evil Dead 4" is actually "Army of Darkness 2." He said: "Everybody calls it 'Evil Dead 4' but 'Army of Darkness' wasn't called 'Evil Dead' anywhere except by the fans."

Bruce Campbell, star of the original "Evil Dead" films, added: "[Both 'Evil Dead' franchises] co-exist beautifully. [Regarding the reboot,] Sam instructed us, 'Don't screw up my ability to make another movie with Ash.' So there's no Ash character [in the reboot], there's no Bruce, there's no cameo."

Source: PeliBlog.com, ComingSoon

Stoner

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Fnord

The Return of Evil Dead

Dead heads rejoice, you're going to love this one too.

Bruce Campbell said recently, "You can tell an Evil Dead fan is a real Evil Dead fan because they won't f--ing shut up about it." It's those same fans who gasped when they found out that talk of an Evil Dead sequel had turned to a remake. Those gasps turned into fetal-position rocking and sobbing when they discovered not only would there be no Bruce Campbell in the film, but even the character of Ash wouldn't be turning up in the re-imagining of the now classic cult film. Luckily, after we saw the trailer and an exclusive clip on the Nerdist Channel, we came out of our lack-of-Ash depression long enough to check out the new Evil Dead to find it was just what the doctor ordered.

In Evil Dead, out today, a group of friends have traveled out to a remote family cabin in the woods to help their friend drop a drug habit cold turkey. Anyone who's seen Trainspotting can tell you that plot point alone could have been a horror movie unto itself. But beating the junk is going to be the least of our protagonists worries as one of their crew unleashes the horrors of the now infamous Book of the Dead. Seriously guys, if you find a book written in a dead language with pictures of all manner of grotesqueness, don't read it out loud.

With all of the positive buzz coming from advance screenings, SXSW premieres and WonderCon panels, talk is now already turning to a sequel, and not just of this new iteration of Raimi's storied franchise. As announced at SXSW, plans are in motion for Sam Raimi to put the chainsaw back on Bruce Campbell's arm in Army of Darkness 2. According to reports from WonderCon, that sequel will be made in tandem with a follow-up to Fede Alvarez's Evil Dead and then finally, both worlds would come together in a 7th and final Evil Dead film. To that we have only one thing to say, "Groovy!"