News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Pokemon Go....

Started by Knuckles, July 09, 2016, 07:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The TeeJ of Philly

When you have 5 different churches in your neighborhood and two parks that become gyms, taking my dog for a walk just became longer

Cory

Its not available here in Canada on iOS but I'm not too optimistic it'll be good.

I grew up in the Pokemon era, through elementary school is the the craze. I was never too into the card game but still to this day an older Pokemon game on a gameboy emulator on my phone is the shit for road trips. I grew out of it at like 12 and there's only 150 Pokemon to me dammit!

So I find out there's no battles or anything on the Pokemon Go game, so what's the point? It's like geocaching or whatever. Lame.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Fnord

A stripper told me last night you get to battles after a certain level.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Knuckles

The Refreshing drink....

Cory

Quote from: Fnord on July 10, 2016, 04:36:22 PM
A stripper told me last night you get to battles after a certain level.

lol

Judge

You get to battle to control a gym or something.

Corey, you can change the region on your iOS account to download it.  I have a Facebook friend in Canada who's playing it.  Just google "Change iOS App Store Region pokemon" to see how.

Rob

There's plenty of work arounds, I'm playing it in England, it has all the Pokéstop's and gyms that you'd expect.

Even in the middle of nowhere where I live it's playable.

I'm not sure I'd go out walking just to play it, but I certainly play it when I go out and have a few minutes to spare.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

To anyone that has it, will it work say running on a treadmill rather than being outside for parts of the game?

I've heard theres parts like "walk 2km or 5km" (miles) to unlock or grow Pokemon....would that just like count my steps so i can hit the treadmill at the gym and play.

Talon

Quote from: Cory on July 12, 2016, 11:50:18 AM
To anyone that has it, will it work say running on a treadmill rather than being outside for parts of the game?

I've heard theres parts like "walk 2km or 5km" (miles) to unlock or grow Pokemon....would that just like count my steps so i can hit the treadmill at the gym and play.

I dont think it counts the steps, its the GPS in your phone counting the distance moved.

Driving doesnt count due to the speed that you travel, but if you slow roll through a parking lot it does count.

Biking also works, but I dont think a treadmill will work.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

GM Franchise

Pokemon Go aka the start of Skynet.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Knuckles

The Refreshing drink....

Fnord

If PG is the start of Skynet, I welcome it. At least the players will be more fit to fight the machines.  ;D

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

GM Franchise

Quote from: Fnord on July 13, 2016, 09:57:11 AM
If PG is the start of Skynet, I welcome it. At least the players will be more fit to fight the machines.  ;D

Not if they're walking or driving into oncoming traffic...  8)
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: GM Franchise on July 13, 2016, 03:28:58 PM
Not if they're walking or driving into oncoming traffic...  8)

Then they weren't the kind of soldiers I need for the revolution.

Fnord

If people are walking into traffic it's because they are dumb, not because of a mobile game.