News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry McClean

For those who are being disaffected with their results.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-14882832

People have been lying to you, you're probs doing great, keep it up!

And for me I've got my gym membership. Just waiting to move back and use it!

Gary

So ended month 1 at 17 (hopefully 18 tommorow) pounds lost. Next week I'm changing up my workout to include an hour of basketball, followed by half an hour of swimming. My short term goal is to lose at least 35 pounds by Thanksgiving (so I can enjoy the holiday) and then work to reach 60 the rest of the way till Feb.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Jerry McClean

Not weighing myself (like I say, I just want to get fit again really) but been playing a fair bit of football over the past few days and on the one day I didn't I went to the gym for a short session. I knew(ish) that I'd start when I came back to uni! I was (kinda)sure! >_>

Gary

Officially weighed 20 pounds less today! 8 more and I break the 200 lbs mark.

[/center]

Drama Queen

Not been at the gym in over a month, because I have a second job in Sep and Oct refereeing soccer games. Whilst this is keeping my cardio aspect alive and well, it's not really doing anything for strength training, although cardio has always been my main goal. I guess a part of me will be glad to get back to it at the end of this month though. Until then I'm leaving the house @ 5:30am and not getting back til after 9pm so yeah...

Eating healthy though, although probably taking in more carbs than is ideal (because breadstuffs are very convenient in the workplace). Still off the cigs and booze since mid August.

Gary

Something I'm hating, I usually try to take at least a day off from working out a week (either sat or sunday) and by half the day I find myself either doing a light workout (walking for 30 min) or go full blast and I know I should give my body a rest at least once a week but I can't seem to control it.

[/center]

T-Bonizzle

Gary

[/center]

Gary

So this is my routine and diet for anyone who might wanna try.

Routine:

First 2 weeks, walked for an hour for 6 days a week, 7th eithe rest or light workout (cut from 1 hr to 30 minute walk)

3rd week, every ten minute of the walk I jogged five laps.

4th week, added solo basketball and resistance bands (only monday, weds and friday). Solo basketball how I play to make it feel like a workout and not just shooting hoops. I play to 32 points, first week I did:

On every play I take the ball from the outside and run to half court then walked towards the basket and shot, except on every 8 points (8,16,24,32) on those I ran to half court then ran towards the hoop for a layup. If on any shot I missed 3 times, I re-did the shot.

After every quarter (32 points) I walked 7 laps (6 dribbling, 1 walking) to keep the heart rate up.

week 5 re-did the same weight and basketball routine but instead of just running on every 8 points I run on every 4 (4,8,12,16,20,24,28,32) and run 3 laps before every quarter.

Diet.

Special K breakfast, yogurt snack after 2:30 hours, medium sized lunch either wrap, sandiwch or salad, yogurt or granola bar, special K dinner or sandwich depending on how hungry I am, apple for last snack. Only drink water, and coffee and a gatorade after workouts.

[/center]

Doug E Fresh

Tomorrow I'm volunteering at my university's wellness center. For 2 hours, I'll be showing off a variety of exercises to people. They think its a good idea that one of the professors is taking part as a means to be more involved with the community. I'm just happy to do it to promote good health.

Gary

I'm at the 27 lb mark and 2 pounds away from breaking free of the 200lbs, to say I am excited is an under statment. Once I hit 30, only 30 more to go.

[/center]

Gary

-29..plus broke the 200 lbs mark.

[/center]

Jerry McClean

Been basically doing something every day. To be honest.......I don't actually feel much fitter. And I'm not hugely slimmer haha (I wasn't hugely fat to begin with tbf). Gunna carry on and see if, injury permitting, I can get to where I feel really fit.

Drama Queen

My seasonal second job is over now so I will be resuming.

The job was refereeing soccer, so I was getting my cardio at least. Now I need to get back to some of the other stuff, particularly stength and toning, I feel like every muscle in my upper body, small as they are has turned to flab ???

Gary

im stuck at 29..little annoyed but already used to the weight plateus..hopefully tommorow ill wake up and weigh 30 less

[/center]