Main Menu

The Fuck List

Started by Gary, June 30, 2010, 12:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

there you go it not all bad my man
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Duckman

Guess you just need to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Judge

I met my wife on a dating site.  It's a matter of just looking over all of that fluff and look at their interests.  Message them about their interests and see if they actually do like what they say they do.  Once you can connect on something then go from there.

Drama Queen

Oh by all means, I know there are people who have had success through them, I didn't mean to imply that they are all bad... but when I see so much uniformity in so many profiles though it kind of blows my mind... like I say, sometimes it amuses me... other times it makes me facepalm.

It actually reminds me of a great segment on an MFX show about people putting on a front, presenting an image of themselves for the purpose of dating.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 04, 2015, 06:01:33 AM
I married a girl from a sort of dating site....not stictly, but like a community meet up site thing.

Actually I did too. You think I would've learned my lesson ;D

Doug E Fresh

So it happened. After days of hassle I got the report that was submitted (I actually had to have her get it which was hard on her). Belief doesn't matter now as there is something concrete that states what happened. I guess now the healing part happens. She's stayed at her moms the last couple days I get to see her tonight or tomorrow.

Adam Wrong

Where was her friend during this situation? Why did she let her be on her own with this stranger

Drama Queen

I wish you both the best going forward Doug.

Justin

That sucks. You two will be able to get through it, just make sure to be her rock through it all.

Doug E Fresh

Her friend actually chose to go after a random hookup because she was single. So it happened while they were apart.

Doug E Fresh

The last night of the trip, everyone there was free to go out in the city and drink and do as they please. There was no alcohol allowed most of the trip. So it was party night I guess.

We've got a road ahead. Just gonna try and keep relationship stuff private from people and work her back into doing regular things in the meantime. She goes back to work this week so that could help some I guess. We're on opposite schedules this summer so I don't see her much during the week.

Duckman

All the best man. I'm sure you guys will get through this.  Stay strong.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

Quote from: Cory on June 15, 2015, 03:51:44 PM
So I've been at my new job for a month now, when I was hired I was told "as we're a retail store we are open Saturdays, but you can take a day off during the week".

So I've only had 2 weeks that I've gotten a day off, and that was per my request, oppose actually getting my day off. When I asked if I could get on a schedule of what day I can have off during the week, I was told "Cory we want to get you more comfortable with the store and day to day before we can start giving you your day off".

Ok, well now I know about as much as I could grasp....but still no talk from my boss regarding my day off. Im working 45hrs a week but only getting paid for 40.

The thing that makes this awkward for me to ask, is everyone around me appears to be working 6 days a week. But I dont know if that's what they were hired on for or just because its the "busy" season they're just working what they need to. However because im salary im only getting paid for 40, where the rest of the staff is hourly so I know their getting paid for the extra day.

Just have no idea really how to approach the boss about this without sounding like a dickhead. I've tried to run the conversation through my head but haven't found a good way to bring this up.

...just got let go today.

FUCK!

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jennifer

Sucks dude. I hope something else comes along for you soon.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Adam Wrong

What was their reasoning?

Cory

Quote from: Adam Wrong on July 10, 2015, 12:47:00 PM
What was their reasoning?

They just said they weren't going to be able to keep me on, they wanted someone who when the busy season was over that they could leave the store for a few weeks and feel comfortable that it was in good hands.

For a 22 year old, fresh out of college manager who had 6 hours of formal training (no 2 week training period) before being given the entire store to manage, I think I did pretty well for myself.

It was a pool store, and considering for 8 out of the 12 months is a graveyard and its insane May/June/July/August, and of course I came in right at things were just getting nuts (May) I got some good experience I guess, I just kinda wish they would have kept me on until the dead season so I can learn how the store works and get on the floor more, rather than playing catch-up with the overload of work I've had since day 1.

Sales had a broke even in May and 1.2% increase in June and the floor staff consistently reminded me that I was much easier to work with than the previous manager, so I'm going to go to my soccer game tonight, hopefully bag a brace and go all in at the pub after.

Im on my lunch now, they said I could leave or stay until 5pm, so I'm going to do IMO the right thing and work my shift and try and help out the next guy as much as I possibly could by having all the affairs I was working on in order.

And luckily I saved every penny that I made there so there no panic for me to HAVE to find work immediately if the right job isn't there, I got a nice little nest egg to sit on for a bit.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE