News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Most Surprising Casting

Started by Tezmission Black, October 03, 2012, 06:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezmission Black

What have been some of the most surprising castings for movies or TV? Someone who you either thought would be a great but turned out horrible or who you thought would be horrible and turned out awesome.

Crazy Kyd

The most recent surprise casting would be from the movie Perks of Being a Wallflower. I read the book and Emma Watson is not the first person I would choose to play Sam, but she proved me wrong after seeing the movie.

Crazy Kyd

I can't say that Heath Ledger was a surprise casting for me, but I do know that his Joker performance is one of the best performances in a movie ever. I am pretty sure nothing will ever top it.

Another one for me would be Robert Pattinson in Remember me. I had a feeling that there were acting chops in Robert Pattinson, but not as good as he showed in Remember Me. It is a pretty good drama.

The same can be said about Kristen Stewart and the movies The Yellow Handkerchief and The Runaways. I know she'll get typecast in various roles for the rest of her career, but I do think there is something there.

Gary

Ill go with Heath as the Joker, was totally against when they first announced it as I thought there were way better choices out there, I am very glad I was wrong.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

GM Franchise

I'll go with Arnold Schwarzenneger as Mr. Freeze. For some reason I didn't get that casting at all. To go along with it, in the same movie, they have George Clooney as Batman. GEORGE CLOONEY. Very bad casting there for Batman and Robin but I did like Arnold as Mr. Freeze for comedy factor alone. The comedy of his lines was EASILY the best part of that movie. Heath Ledger as the Joker would rank third followed by Val Kilmer as Batman. Funny how all of these are from Batman movies, lol. Lot of weird casting in those movies although one was one of the greatest acting jobs of all time (Ledger) and another was comedy gold (Arnold).
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Crazy Kyd

Now it is a little embarrassing but I rented that Batman movie with George Clooney too many times.

For a while, the questionable casting decision for me was anything with Jamie Chung, the Real World cast member turned actress. She's gotten better but up until then, I always wondered why movies took a chance with her. Though, she is part of one of the weirdest shorts in a movie called Burning Palms. I have to give her credit for that one.

I am kind of liking her role on Once Upon a Time. She's done well so far.

Stoner

I was initially unsure of what to think about Ledger, but I don't think I was ever "this is gonna be turribull!" about it.

I will admit that when I heard Bruce Campbell was going to be in a TV Show about spies, I was less than confident that he would be a good fit.  Then Sam Axe turned out to be one of my favorite characters in anything.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Andrew Lincoln for the lead in Walking Dead if you have seen his work in England...this was totally obscure from this series.

Ryan whats his face who plays Stackhouse in True Blood...mostly because he was previously VINNY in Home and Away lol.

I'd also go Ledger as Joker, mostly because I jumped all over this like a ton of bricks at the time given my love of Jacko's original potrayal in the now seemingly campy and shit Burton ones.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'