News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Dwayne Johnson is Black Adam

Started by Ty, September 03, 2014, 02:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ty

QuoteAfter weeks and months of speculation, Dwayne Johnson has officially confirmed that he will be playing the part of Black Adam in DC's forthcoming Shazam adaptation.

The star took to his Twitter feed to break the news, posting the quote, "kneel at his feet or get crushed by his boot", before continuing, "my honour to become... #BlackAdam".

It had been reported that Johnson was either going to play the hero, Captain Marvel, or his nemesis Black Adam, the latter having been the favourite given that Johnson had previously described him as his favourite comic-book character.

Black Adam is a powerful sorcerer with designs on controlling the universe, and is the primary antagonist of Captain Marvel, the superhero alter-ego of young Billy Batson.

However, whether or not he is entirely villainous in this incarnation remains to be seen, with Johnson also including the hashtag "#TheAntiHero" at the end of his tweet...

The film has yet to receive an official release date, but with Johnson's role now confirmed, expect that to change in the coming weeks...

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/dwayne-johnson-confirms-he-will-play-black-adam-in-DCs-shazam

jagilki

Why the frownie face at the end of the title?

Ty

I was going to put Marvel's Shazam in brackets but decided not to but forgot to delete the open bracket lol

jagilki

Ty

Fnord

I always say Black Adam as Middle Eastern of some sort, but I guess the Rock can do it?

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Krazy

Quote from: Fnord on September 03, 2014, 08:07:21 PM
I always say Black Adam as Middle Eastern of some sort, but I guess the Rock can do it?

He did played The Scorpion King that was Middle Eastern. I have faith that they will not screw this up.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Krazy on September 03, 2014, 08:35:22 PM
He did played The Scorpion King that was Middle Eastern. I have faith that they will not screw this up.

This was screwed up before he even got cast. Just look at the clusterfuck that is the Batman vs. Superman movie is turning into.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible