News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

WWE 2K14

Started by Fnord, February 20, 2013, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagilki

Well, we can all rejoice.

Cory Leduchemeister has been hired by 2K to work on WWE games.

Black Death

Quote from: jagilki on February 21, 2013, 10:31:18 PM
Well, we can all rejoice.

Cory Leduchemeister has been hired by 2K to work on WWE games.

I would shout to the mountain top ... if I knew who that was
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

jagilki

Cory Ledesema (sp?) not sure exactly what role he actually has in the making of WWE games, but he's usually the "public face" and the guy that runs press for them.  Same guy that promises every year that no moves have been removed from the game, and such.

A lot of die hard fans have taken to just calling him "Butt Goblin".

Crazy Kyd

I'm excited for this. I'm sure there will be enough tweaks with the next WWE game that it will be different, but 15 should be amazing.

Stoner

Apparently we might have to wait longer than E3 for information.  2K Games doesn't have a booth this year.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Fnord

- The new WWE 2K14 video game will be released on October 29th, 2013, according to a report by IGN. While an earnings release notes that it will be released on all platforms, only XBox 360 & Playstation 3 are listed. Details are slim regarding the upcoming release, other than The Rock being on the cover.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Fnord

Canadian retailer Future Shop has revealed new details for the WWE 2K14 video game on their official listing:
* Select your wrestler from the WWE pantheon of legendary stars.

* Cool visual elements includes historic WWE video footage, classic images, multi-camera angles, and detailed cut scenes.

* Highly immersive audio environment brings out the raw emotional power of the crowd as they react to your performance.

* Unlock exciting new content and wrestlers.

* Addictive game play features intuitive controls and creates a sense of escalation throughout the matches.

* WWE Career mode lets you create the epic legend of your rise from wrestling rookie to celebrated megastar.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Black Death

well wonder how they will handle career mode

Crazy Kyd

I'm sure the career mode will be lame this time around. Hopefully it isn't like the Road To Wrestlemania stuff and there is more "freedom", almost like how the career mode used to be with the Smackdown games.

Either way, I'm still going to get the game. Though other than a few minor tweaks, looks basically like the same game. I'm expecting more of a major overhaul with 2K15.

Black Death

Well I ask because 2k sports is actually really good with career mode.  I think they have the chops to make this Career mode epic in scope and scale

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: Black Death on June 08, 2013, 04:30:17 PM
Well I ask because 2k sports is actually really good with career mode.  I think they have the chops to make this Career mode epic in scope and scale

I agree with you. 2K Sports handles career mode in their games well. I'm just not sure about WWE 2K14.

Chris Shields

If they can combine the Universe stuff and the Road To WrestleMania from a few years back where you could actually travel around backstage and interact with other superstars, I'll be pretty happy. If they can implement NXT or Main Event and have you work your way up, I'll be very happy.

Stoner

I don't think career should should be a combine of Universe and RtW.   I would prefer something like the GameCube game where it was an actual storyline that your CAW followed.  Even something like the CAW RtW in 2012 where you played as Jacob-Whathisface and had a storyline that you followed.  I would just like to see consequences for failing to win matches or failing to win them a certain way, kinda like in No Mercy where if you won or lost a match it went to a different point in the chain basically.

Universe mode needs to  be different from Career though.  Career is where you play a story that was made for you, Universe is where you try to make your own story for several characters.  Having the two separate allows them to make it fun for all types of players.  They could even take a page from Super Smash Bros and make it so that unlockables can be unlocked one way in Career and a different way in Universe so as not to force players to do one or the other in order to get the unlocks.

The only thing I would like to see is something like in Raw 2 on the XBox where you could do things in between matches(such as interact with other wrestlers for either better or worse, or whatever).  But that would be a little much, Raw 2 is the only game I've seen do that.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: Stonerman on June 10, 2013, 11:40:47 AM
I don't think career should should be a combine of Universe and RtW.   I would prefer something like the GameCube game where it was an actual storyline that your CAW followed.  Even something like the CAW RtW in 2012 where you played as Jacob-Whathisface and had a storyline that you followed.  I would just like to see consequences for failing to win matches or failing to win them a certain way, kinda like in No Mercy where if you won or lost a match it went to a different point in the chain basically.

Universe mode needs to  be different from Career though.  Career is where you play a story that was made for you, Universe is where you try to make your own story for several characters.  Having the two separate allows them to make it fun for all types of players.  They could even take a page from Super Smash Bros and make it so that unlockables can be unlocked one way in Career and a different way in Universe so as not to force players to do one or the other in order to get the unlocks.

The only thing I would like to see is something like in Raw 2 on the XBox where you could do things in between matches(such as interact with other wrestlers for either better or worse, or whatever).  But that would be a little much, Raw 2 is the only game I've seen do that.

I agree with everything here.

One thing that would be cool for career mode would be something like in the NBA games when you select your answer to a question at a press conference. After every match or so, it would be cool if that concept would be a determining factor of turning or staying a face or heel. If there would be storylines in the career mode, it would be cool if those choices would change the way how certain storylines go.