MFX Podcast - WWE Feedback

Started by Duckman, August 25, 2012, 10:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagilki

Duckman

Didn't you know?  JDM is actually Fred Savage's mate from The Wonder Years.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

jagilki

I was thinking maybe the "D" in JDM stood for Dixie.

Duckman

Ok folks, RAW is on in a couple of hours. 

Leave a few thoughts on the show, highlights, lowlights, all that good shit.  We'll include comments on MFX18 this week!  Thanks guys.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Rob

Then in that case I'm sure TNA have a background staff that is training TNA's wrestler's[/u] on how to deliver promo's whilst WWE's superstars[/u] seem to be all over the place.

I'm disillusioned with WWE. Can you tell?
SixersEagles

[/center]

Drama Queen

Maybe it's because the stories are all over the place. Even some of Hollywood's best turn down movies if the script does not make sense to them. If someone was changing my character every week, I would struggle to put any feeling into him. I don't know HOW Adam Copeland still managed when they turned him almost every month.

Goldferg

Raw thoughts. In a more ordered style this time.

Intro vid:
Actually makes Lawler seem like he accepted the challenge like a boss.
Makes it seem like AJ did the match making post match and set punk off
Still makes Cena look like he couldn’t give a crap.

Op seg:
Lol at the awesome CM Punk chants.
Wonder if they get louder after this video. Come on Chicago crowd â€" you show Vince we won’t do what he tells us…
Wait, Punk attacked Lawler? Looked like the other way round from that video
YES! MASSIVE POP! Fuck you Vince!
Oh please tell me we’re getting Sheamus/Punk tonight
Man, Sheamus is flubbing his lines here
YES! Sheamus vs Punk! … NO! Del Rio vs Cena

Ziggler Vs Orton:
Now are we going to give Ziggs any actual momentum, or is this ‘treat the MitB winner like a jobber until we decide to have him cash in’ match #3574?
Also note that Smackdown Main Event matches are only RAW opening calibre matches.
Like how Cole calls the match ‘as even as they come’ when before and after the match Oeron is kicking Ziggles’ ass like a bitch
OK, that headstand headlock into an inverted last chancery kinda thing was swank as hell
And Ziggler… wins? ZIGGLAH WINS… oh and here’s Miz to get RKOwned… Wait, Miz is on COMMENTARY?! With Cole? OH. MAH. GOOOHNIS! This is going to be either completely awesome or a total trainwreck.

Anger Management Skit:
I love that Kane does these in his ring gear.
lol Harold changing chairs.
No! anger collage â€" NO! YES! NO! YES!
If Kane doesn’t set it on fire… OH MAH GOOHNIS! Kane’s Pyros work on trashcans!

Cara finds Rey hiding behind some boxes. Not sure what he was doing down there.

Botch Cara & Rey Vs  Tensai & Rhodes
Nice little bit of heelishness from Miz re. the Rey concussion. Already Miz you are doing better than Lawler
So Tensai and Rhodes. WWE why you jobbing Rhodes again )I mean come on, he’s teaming with Tensai, master of the de-push, it’s OBVIOUS which team is winning)? You should be pushing this dude toward the main event.
See? Miz agrees with me.
Sin Cara â€" botches everything, including Hot Tags. You’re the one menat to be diving at Rey, don’t make Rhodes do it.
*sigh* … and Rhodes jobs AGAIN. Who did he piss off?

Manger managemet pt 2
Lol at Kane and DB just sitting there.
I’m just waiting for them to both flip out and kill the rest of the class.
Accidental catch for the win.
HAROLD! DROP HIM! YES!
DB/Kane Bromance? I can dig that, sucka

Punk Vs Sheamus
… The Champ vs Champ match is the hour two OPENER? … well, it plays into the no-respect angle I guess. But seriously, fuck you Vince.
Wait, Punk in street clothes? Match fake-out? Tag match (playas)? Street fight?
Did Cole just say ‘I can’t believe CM Punk is working out’ instead of walking?
This is about the only way Punk can get booed in Chi-town though I guess. And lol at him telling AJ where to shove it. Although I still reckon he should have just demanded it be the top of card main event. I mean it’s not like he’s never been in a Champ vs Champ match before.

Sheamus Vs Jack ‘Future Endeavours’ SWAGGAH!
I love how they’re trying to pretend that Swagger matters… and then bring up his jobbing streak
Del Rio on commentary… says nothing. Point was… what exactly?
How many finishers does Sheamus need?
So that was the point of Del Rio… trying to attack Shaemus and looking like a bitch. So when Cena beats him tonight he looks like even more of a jobber.
… or is this a break up Del Rio/Ricardo angle?
… Wait, does this mean we don’t get the ALBERTOOOOOOOOOOO DELLL RRRRRRRRRIOOOOOOOOOO intro tonight? Boo! Boo I say!

Eve Vs Kaitlyn
And Another guest commentator…
jesus, Layla and Miz need to get a room. They’re like an old married couple.
Layla shut up! You can’t commenatate for shit
Black hole segment/match of suck. Match sucked, Layal on commentary sucked.

SWAGGAH!
Maybe Jericho wouldn’t have ‘left’ you if you hadn’t put his career on the line you crazy woman!

Anger management Troix
SHUT UP HAROLD!
They broke the doctor!

HUG! AND Tag Team! At the same time! Team bonding Hug!

OTUNGA AND CUPPY!!!

Jobber Mahal Vs SkipBerg
So SkipBerg now has MERCH POWERS to go with the theme music lyrics powers
When did Cole stop the Miz fanboying? Somebody call the continuity department!
I’m waiting for the day SkipBerg takes on Mark Henry… at the buffet table

AJ â€" so basically Raw is completely out of control. What are you going to do? Make a crazy out of control match.

Daniel Bryan & Kane â€" it’s HUGGING TIME! Pants on head retarded, but I love it.
… although now I expect somebody has started work on some disturbing fan-art of the above.
These two NEED to be an official tag team.
And chokeslam in 3… 2… nope pushing contest. And a brawl. … and there’s the chokeslam!

Wait, a US Title defence? What? Did I hear that right?

Santino Vs Antonio Cesaro
HOLY SHIT! A US Title match! … I was expecting this to be on NoC. Guess that’s what happens when it’s not on the comedy jobber, it actually gets defended more than once every 5 months.
The Cobra apparently no-longer works without the sock?
… well, that was quick. I’d complain, but… well… Santino.

Ryder Vs Slater.
… so they BOTH get jobber entrances? What, is Big Show gonna run out and eat them both?
Ryder is KING of the jobbers!
And here comes Vickie. At least she waited until the match was OVER this week, rather than burying the two in the ring.

So, Vickie just slapped AJ… shouldn’t she be able to, like, suspend or fire her? Or book her in a match?
Vickie does crazy laughter better than AJ.
AJ needs to elbow drop her jacket, Flair style.

Cena vs Del Rio:
Justin Roberts announcing Del Rio just isn’t the same.
The Brogue Kick is not a bullet. Cole, you need to learn the meaning of the word ‘literally’
Coles’s ‘somebody called an ambulance chaser’ line just made me think that whichever of the Funkasaurus dancers it was that got the DUI should’ve called Otunga & Cuppy
My god, they even have MIZ shilling Cena. How desperate are they?
So, unless there’s a Punk run-in a-coming, AA through the table, Del Rio loses all momentum, Cena looks like even more of a superhero. Calling it in advance.
… OK, I was wrong. And that was a sweet back suplex.
Don’t you fucking dare tap!
CURTAIN OF DOOM!
Called the Punk run in at least.
OK, that modified GTS was cool. Right into the frigging car. Pretty decent Main event actually, better than I thought it’d be when it was announced.
… was that Mr Belding?

That… was actually a reasonably decent show by RAW standards. MUCH better than last week, although I’m not sure if that was ring-quality as a whole wise, or just the fact that we had competent commentary for once.

Seriously, I’m not one to wish career shortening injury on anyone, but when Miz is done in the ring, he has a bright future ahead of him as a commentator. He got people over, face and heel alike without burying them, the only time the commentary sucked was when Layla was involved. He and Cole played really well off each other, in fact I’d listen to them commentate again… the man is a fucking legend. He made Michael Cole sound good as a commentator.

#PraiseMiz. Get it trending
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Tezmission Black

Orton vs Ziggler on RAW was pretty much the exact same match they had on Smack down, even my step dad who dont watch it as much noticed it.

GM Franchise

I liked Miz and Cole as a commentary team. They are much better than Cole and Lawler. Also the Anger Management storyline is the best thing in the WWE right now. Loving every moment of it. CM Punk was great as usual and LOVED the evil cackling done by Vickie Guerrero.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

Do you think Heyman/Punk/Lesnar start the new NWO?

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Goldferg

Quote from: Cory on September 07, 2012, 09:56:37 PM
Do you think Heyman/Punk/Lesnar start the new NWO?

I'd rather they started a new Dangerous Alliance, personally
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Hondo

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

FXBlade

Smackdown:

This whole 'Ban the Brogue Kick' was really poorly executed.

Otunga/Rio/Ricardo - "Yeah Ban it, its Dangerous
Booker: What do the fans want?  Nah, I aint banning it.

-----
Otunga: Hey, Book, look at some pictures we have taken, Ban it.
Booker: Ill think about it

-----
Otunga: Hey look at an xray, its dangerous... ban it
Booker: Nah, go and have a match with Sheamus and get your head kicked off
-----
Sheamus sets up for the kick, bookers music hits
Booker: Woah, lawsuit, another threat, that's all people do around here.  Ok its banned.

Sheamus: Ah shit! Never mind ill make him submit with the new move I learned a week ago

-------

My guess is they are setting the Rio/Sheamus match at NOC for a submission only match?  But to open the show with a 15 minute segment and then have 3 subsequent ones to do this in one night was rushed and forced.

jagilki

with all the Lawler stuff, some levity.

Where was Bret Hart this week, and why did they replace him with James May?

Snap

A good thing about RAW not starting until an hour later in Canada is I can check out spoilers for when not to watch (*cough*anythingwithCena*cough*) but, even then, whenever I try to watch it tends to put me to sleep.

With all the hate Michael Cole gets, he deserves respect for how he handled the situation on RAW this week.