News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NXT Spoilers/Updates/News

Started by Fnord, November 11, 2013, 02:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

- We noted before that NXT referee Darrick Moore was given a farewell by Sami Zayn and Adrian Neville after the June 20th NXT live event as he will be moving up to the main roster to replace the recently released Marc Harris. After last night's NXT live event in Starke, Florida, Zayn and Neville gave a farewell to referee Dan Engler as he too will be coming up to the main roster. Engler previously worked in TNA as head referee Rudy Charles.

- WWE developmental talents Slate Randall (formerly Shaun Ricker) and Braun Stowman (former tough man Adam Scherr) will likely be making their NXT TV debuts soon.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Krazy

Becky Lynch debut and she's a ginger!

Fnord

- One half of the NXT tag team The Vaudevillains, Simon Gotch, has been added to the NXT roster page on WWE.com.

Gotch is a unique wrestler to say the least. WWE's bio on him states, "Often found performing classic feats of strength while simultaneously keeping opponents off-balance with his grandiose claims (Gotch says he is undefeated in matches versus bears), the eccentric "Steam-Powered Madman" is determined to bring his "quite manly" style of grappling to the forefront of NXT. He has a helping hand in doing so from Aiden English. Gotch and "The Artiste" have teamed up, and the duo known as The Vaudevillains has found great success in NXT so far."

I like The Vaudevillains!

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

jagilki

I was a huge fan of Gotch when he got signed and I looked him up out of curiosity.  Been waiting for them to do something with him since then.

Hence why I drafted him for FWL.

Fnord

- As seen on this week's RAW Fallout and the WWE App, Brandi "Eden" Rhodes was used as an interviewer. She is now officially working the main roster full time but will still be making the occasional appearance in NXT.

Fnord

We noted before that NXT stars Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson are now working as a tag team called The Mechanics. Dawson later clarified the name on Twitter and it has to do with "in-ring mechanics" such as teams like Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Steve Austin & Brian Pillman, Eddie & Chavo Guerrero and others.

Dawson and Wilder are both from North Carolina. They are wearing similar gear, as seen in the photo below. Dawson tweeted the following about their name:

"I've never changed oil in my life. I have, however, punched someone in the face...really, REALLY hard. #Mechanics #Dawsome"

Fnord

- Viktor of WWE NXT Tag Team Champions The Ascension tweeted the following about The Usos after they retained their titles at Battleground last night:

"Battle at it's finest. @WWEUsos gave it their all but I hope they saved some for us!! #WWEBattleground"

Stoner

Enzo Amore and Big Cas still the greatest things on the roster.  Cas especially is coming along really well. 

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Fnord

- The rumored date for the next live WWE Network NXT special is Thursday, September 11th but that has not been confirmed yet. We should know more after this Thursday's NXT tapings from Full Sail University. A set of NXT TV tapings was previously rumored for September 11th but if they do the live special on the 11th, the tapings would be the next night.

Fnord

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- We noted before that there was some talk of having Bayley win the WWE NXT Women's Title from Charlotte at Takeover 2 on September 11th as a way to bring Charlotte to the main roster. The idea behind this is that it would give Ric Flair a regular role on TV.

Fnord

More WWE NXT Takeover 2 Matches Announced, Updated Card

William Regal is announced as NXT's new General Manager: WWE NXT, Aug. 28, 2014

Below is the updated announced card for WWE NXT Takeover 2 on September 11th:

Fatal 4 Way for the WWE NXT Title
Sami Zayn vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Tyler Breeze vs. Adrian Neville

NXT Women's Title Match
Bayley vs. Charlotte

NXT Tag Team Title Match
TBD vs. The Ascension

Hair vs. Hair Match
Enzo Amore vs. Sylvester Lefort

Mojo Rawley vs. Bull Dempsey

Krazy

Quote from: Fnord on August 28, 2014, 09:05:05 PM
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- We noted before that there was some talk of having Bayley win the WWE NXT Women's Title from Charlotte at Takeover 2 on September 11th as a way to bring Charlotte to the main roster. The idea behind this is that it would give Ric Flair a regular role on TV.

I support that. Ashley Flair aka Charlotte has grown since she debuted in WCW all those years ago. She needs to be on the main roster she is a big fish in a small tank.

Gravedigger

Paige needs someone to go up against.... not much on the main roster.

Krazy

Quote from: Gravedigger on August 29, 2014, 05:25:08 PM
Paige needs someone to go up against.... not much on the main roster.

Lets look at the Main roster for Diva division

AJ Lee
Alicia Fox
Brie Bella
Cameron
Emma (only on Main Event or Superstars)
Eva Marie (Barely appears)
Layla
Naomi
Natalya
Nikki Bella
Paige
Rosa Mendes (Where is she)
Summer Rae
Tamina Snuka (Injured)

Yeah, we need her and Bayley, Becky Lynch, and I hate to say this Sasha Banks (shudders)

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Krazy on August 29, 2014, 05:30:09 PM
Lets look at the Main roster for Diva division

AJ Lee
Alicia Fox
Brie Bella
Cameron
Emma (only on Main Event or Superstars)
Eva Marie (Barely appears)
Layla
Naomi
Natalya
Nikki Bella
Paige
Rosa Mendes (Where is she)
Summer Rae
Tamina Snuka (Injured)

Yeah, we need her and Bayley, Becky Lynch, and I hate to say this Sasha Banks (shudders)

Going off this list, the only ones I don't want to see Paige with are Rosa, Eva Marie, and Cameron. The rest are entertaining and are solid by diva's standards. I don't think the diva's division has been this good in a long time.

I'd rather see AJ, Nattie, Fox, Naomi, and Tamina get cracks at Charloette first. Hell I think I want to see Fox vs Charlotte before any of them.