News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

"Captain America 2"

Started by Fnord, February 25, 2013, 11:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

Marvel Says "Captain America 2" is a Political Thriller

MTV caught up with Marvel head Kevin Feige, who spoke about the superhero genre and the studio's upcoming "Captain America" sequel, called "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," which is set to hit theaters on April 4th, 2014.

Feige first admitted that the superhero genre may be a fad, but one that will last for a long time. "If it is a fad, it's one that lasts 30 to 40 years, as the Western did, because each [film] is so different," he said. "There's an opportunity to graft almost sub-genres onto them."

And that's exactly the plan with the "Captain America" sequel. Feige continued: "Our first 'Captain America' film was a World War II picture, and the next is a political thriller."

Source: MTV

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Crazy Kyd

Hope it's better than the first.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Fnord

UFC Champion Georges St-Pierre is a Villain in "Captain America" Sequel

"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" has just cast UFC Champion Georges St-Pierre as French kickboxing master Georges Batroc, who is better known as Batroc the Leaper.

Batroc has been a Marvel villain dating back to 1966. He doesn't have any superhuman abilities, but has done battle with Captain America, Spider-Man, The Punisher and Iron Fist with his martial arts skills.

"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" co-stars Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Frank Grillo, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders, Scarlett Johansson, Toby Jones, Emily VanCamp, Hayley Atwell, and Robert Redford. It's set to hit theaters on April 4th, 2014.

Source: Latino-Review

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Alex Smiley

Latino Review also said Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler were potential cast members for Guardians of the Galaxy.

Not a knock on you, Fnord, just pointing that out.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Ty

Mike Powers

Emily Corlen

Quote from: Mike Powers on April 02, 2013, 10:26:41 PM
I liked the first one.  ???

As did I.  I thought it did exactly what they needed it to do, and the way they tied it into the greater mythos of the Avengers Phase One was fantastic.  It was a perfect lead in to The Avengers, imo.

Kirk

That was the problem with it, Iron Man 2 and Thor. Those films were made with one eye firmly on The Avengers and they just didn't really work as stand alone films. Captain America and Thor tried to do too much, too quickly so that they could be introduced to the target audience for The Avengers and so that they were ready to be shoehorned into that film. They weren't terrible films, but they could have been much better if the stories didn't feel so rushed. Iron Man and Hulk were far better films, in my opinion, because they weren't just leading up to something else.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: Kirk on April 03, 2013, 02:59:27 AM
That was the problem with it, Iron Man 2 and Thor. Those films were made with one eye firmly on The Avengers and they just didn't really work as stand alone films. Captain America and Thor tried to do too much, too quickly so that they could be introduced to the target audience for The Avengers and so that they were ready to be shoehorned into that film. They weren't terrible films, but they could have been much better if the stories didn't feel so rushed. Iron Man and Hulk were far better films, in my opinion, because they weren't just leading up to something else.

Agreed.

Fnord

Ty

I enjoyed the Captain America movie, wasnt so fond of Thor (didnt like it). My main issue with the last Capt movie was that, at one point during the movie where Capt had just assembled his team, its almost like there was a scene that said 'screw it, 3D!!!' and was in the movie solely to flex its 3D dick. Like I watched it in regular D and it seems as though it existed to just be flashy

Dorling

Ty

What can I say, I'm a regular d type of guy.

2d