News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Walking Dead on AMC

Started by Black Death, November 02, 2011, 01:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drama Queen

You may be right about it being a slow effect, but wasn't there really high fever and other tell tale signs before the turn? But yeah it's back in the first season, I'd have to rewatch to know for sure.

The more I think about it though, the more I have to go with stoner. Apart from the bit about killing him off... That's twice you said that, and we don't know for sure. Hershel lost a limb and lasted another two seasons.  ;D

Fnord

Wouldn't he just be equal to Dale in the comics?

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Stoner

I say killed him off because its unlikely they will find him before more of him gets eaten.  Not to mention that even if they found him, would he WANT to live anymore?  Hershel lost his leg to save his life.  Bob watched his leg get eaten.  I almost think it'd be a mercy if they killed him afterwards.

My personal theory is the alcohol one.  His reactions when he walked outside were fairly similar to reactions I've seen to alcoholics in my own life trying to keep away.  He wanted to drink, he wanted to have fun with the people with him that were drinking.  But he knew it would turn him into a person not only that he himself didn't want to be, but that no one else would want to be around either.

That, and Daryl DID say he'd kill him if he saw him with booze again.

@ Fnord - Never read too far into the comics,  no idea what happened with Dale.  Am not afraid of it being spoiled for me though so if you want to fill me in I'd be up for it.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Drama Queen

Might want to use the spoiler tags for the comics... I, like stoner, will personnally read them anyway, (because theres more than enough differences between the two from my understanding, to put too much faith into it) but I can see how it could piss someone off.

Fnord

This might reveal what Bob's all about though...

[spoiler]In the comic book, Dale was still alive when they got to the church. In fact, he had his leg taken off instead of Hershel. THEN the "hunters" kidnapped him after he had gotten bitten and was wandering off to let himself just die as he had already given up. They ate his other leg and he laughed at them since he was infected and they all just ate infected meat. So they could be using Bob for Dale's part here. [/spoiler]

I think I remember that correctly... lol

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Stoner

That would be interesting.  If its what happens I'll be a bit disappointed because of the aforementioned character development I thought they had going on.  But it is ALSO an interesting idea as well.

[spoiler]Bob didn't seem to be in a laughing mood at the time though[/spoiler]

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Fnord

It was so funny he was crying!

Drama Queen

See, from what I'm led to believe, sometimes they deliberately seem like they're going along with the comics only to swerve at the end.

But this certainly adds another dimension to the speculation.

Not to be wishing my weekend away or anything thing, but I REALLY can't wait for Sunday night now!

Krazy

Quote from: Fnord on October 24, 2014, 08:43:17 PM
Wouldn't he just be equal to Dale in the comics?

Yes Sir, he is taking over Dale's role like Hershel losing the leg.

Mike Powers

I think he was bitten. Notice the big change from happy smiling Bob (pre bite) to morose sad Bob (post bite). He finished helping the group with their mission, gave one last kiss to his girl, and went outside to do the deed (remember, the director made a deliberate decision to show Bobs gun in his waistband).

Stoner

Quote from: Mike Powers on October 24, 2014, 09:29:12 PM
I think he was bitten. Notice the big change from happy smiling Bob (pre bite) to morose sad Bob (post bite). He finished helping the group with their mission, gave one last kiss to his girl, and went outside to do the deed (remember, the director made a deliberate decision to show Bobs gun in his waistband).

This is all what I thought originally, but it almost seemed too obvious after I thought about it for a bit.  I guess I just was kinda hoping for something deeper/subtle. 

Flins.

It's not like there is a lack of character development in the show haha but yeah, I think on this occasion, as with Gabriel, they are keeping things on a similar tangent to the comic books. I questioned Gareth being the leader of the hunters previously, but now I've thought about it and seen it played out, it makes sense. At first I thought they'd be all vengeance and retribution, but this fits the Terminus ethos, like how they were carving up his brother in the previous episode, really highlights what they have become as a group.

As for the time it takes to turn, it would really depend on the wound, with Andrea's sister, she'd had her throat ripped out and died pretty quickly.

Kirk

Didn't the guy who dug all of those graves in the first series get bit and take a while to turn?
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Krazy

Quote from: Kirk on October 25, 2014, 06:19:26 AM
Didn't the guy who dug all of those graves in the first series get bit and take a while to turn?

Yes

They did the scene from the comics with a twist.

Triple B

I still think it was stupid that they said "We'll never split up again" and then immediately split up over and over and over again.

Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.