News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

G.M.C.O.A.T Round 3: The Joker vs Willy Wonka

Started by Gary, March 08, 2011, 10:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

The Joker

Movie: THe Dark Knight

Quote - "Why so serious?"

vs

Willy Wonka

Movie - Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Quote - "I take very good care of my guests"

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Chocolate covered Pedo FTW!!!!

Wilder earns my respect here.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Doug E Fresh

Wilder was a more interesting Wonka than Johnny Depp cuz he did it first.

But the Joker is my winner.

Exile

Heres my thing. Ledger did a great joker, BUT he did the joker that was out of the comics, the joker that we deserved. Nolan got it.

Wilder's Wonker is different than Dahl's, his was manic, and brilliant, but with this warmth that the Wonka in the book and the depp movie lacked.

Wilder wins. Be smart movie people. Dont be idiot fanboys.

Fnord

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on March 09, 2011, 09:21:12 AM
In ten years, we will remember Wanka far more then one particular version of The Joker. Wanka wins hands down for me.

I don't know if I agree with this statement.  I talk to people all the time that don't know that Gene Wilder was Willy Wonka first.  I hang my head in shame.  I did vote for the Wonka though.  :)

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Jonny Briggs

Ledger's Joker was great. Wilder's Wonka was legen- wait for it- dary.

The Michael Jackson of confectionary making gets my vote

GM Franchise

Picked the Joker for the simple reason that he made an impact. Plus I'm not a big fan of movies with musical numbers in them so that also played a roll in this.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Kieran King

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on March 09, 2011, 09:21:12 AM
In ten years, we will remember Wanka far more then one particular version of The Joker. Wanka wins hands down for me.

A: Heh... "Wanka"

B: Disagree.

I love Wilder's Wonka, but Ledger's Joker has shown that even comic book movies can be taken seriously as acting pursuits, rather than guaranteed money-makers. Now if only somebody would pass that message onto Nicholas Cage...

Drama Queen

Any Dahl movie I've seen I've preferred the book.

Whereas I've never bothered to read Batman literature in my life so Batman movies have never disappoitned me.

That is why I'm voting for the Joker here. Put them against each other in a best literature character contest and my vote would be reversed.

Gary

Never seen Batman referred to as literature.

[/center]

Kieran King

Actually got to study Batman comics in an elective English paper I took at University. It counts as literature now!

Gary

[/center]