News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

All Female Ghostbusters Cast Revealed

Started by GM Franchise, January 27, 2015, 11:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

All-Female Ghostbusters Cast Revealed! Meet the 4 Hilarious Stars Paul Feig Will Direct in Reboot

http://www.eonline.com/news/619026/all-female-ghostbusters-cast-revealed-meet-the-4-hilarious-stars-paul-feig-will-direct-in-reboot

QuoteLook who Paul Feig called!

The director of the upcoming all-girl Ghostbusters reboot has lined up Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, and Saturday Night Live players Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon, confirming the news by sharing pics of all four actress-comediennes on Twitter.

Of course, by all-girl cast, we mean that the four principal characters first played by the pretty perfect foursome of Bill Murray, Harold Ramis, Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson in the 1984 original directed by Ivan Reitman will now be women.

The remake will of course be a reunion for Bridesmaids director Feig and stars McCarthy and Wiig...and maybe Murray, who has been historically adamant about not wanting to do a third Ghostbusters film, would now be willing to do a cameo? He did get half his dream cast!

Asked by Access Hollywood about the planned female-centric reboot back in September, Murray called it a "grand idea" and proceeded to suggest both McCarthy, his co-star in St. Vincent, and Wiig as potential paranormal activity investigator-eliminators.

"Melissa would be a spectacular Ghostbuster," he also told the Toronto Star. "And Kristen Wiig is funny—God, she's funny!"
The question on much of Twitter's mind at the moment—when a person with a concern can get a tweet in edgewise amidst all the rejoicing—is: Who is going to play Janine, the Ghostbusters' bespectacled, crushing-on-Egon secretary who likes to read and also plays raquetball originated by the spot-on Annie Potts?

It's got to be a guy, right? So far, Diablo Cody wins with her suggestion:
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Mike Powers

Kirk

I still don't understand why they decided to do this.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

GM Franchise

Quote from: Kirk on January 28, 2015, 01:21:52 AM
I still don't understand why they decided to do this.

Just another example of Hollywood ruining a classic.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

The TeeJ of Philly

Make an all-female comedy that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters, but involves four women as some sort of group of ____________ fighting chicks

"OH MY GERD THEYRE JUST DOING A GHOST BUSTERS KNOCK OFF!!"

Make a reboot/remake/sequel/spin off of Ghost Busters will all girls:

"OH MY GERD THEY'RE RUINING A CLASSIC!"

Not imply that's what's going on, but I've seen the following reactions when someone posted something along the lines of "These four are going to be in a comedy movie about them ghosts" and the now the latter.

The point is, to update a classic, those who were not alive to see it in his original run don't understand why it's revered as it is. So you give them their own version for them to judge. Is it going to be that great to those who understand why it was awesome the first run? Hell no, but I'm gonna give it a chance. Wiig is hilarious, she's like the anti-Katherine Heigl. I like McCarthy and I like Feig's most known work, Bridesmaid.

Just like with Terminator Genesys, I'm gonna wait until I see some actual footage or something of the ilk to comment on it, but so far so good.

Mike Powers

I find Melissa McCarthy to be a talentless heat vacuum. She ruins anything she's in. I dislike her sullying the Ghistbusters name.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Mike Powers on January 28, 2015, 01:45:06 AM
I find Melissa McCarthy to be a talentless heat vacuum. She ruins anything she's in. I dislike her sullying the Ghistbusters name.

Glad I'm not the only one with this opinion. She's completely overrated. Wiig is good but McCarthy is unbearable.

Kirk

Quote from: Mike Powers on January 28, 2015, 01:45:06 AM
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

jagilki

Hey, Melisa McCarthy is the perfect person to play the new Slimer.

ToneCold

As a huge fan of the original films, cartoon, the cartoon's own spinoff and the awesome videogame from a few years ago (and a bit of a purist)... I don't have much problem with this in itself.

The part I take issue with is making it another fucking reboot, especially with how badly some other Reboots out there have been received.

Have whoever you want in the cast, that's all good, but why start again when it is established in the films and reinforced in the video game (they're training up a cadet to be a Ghostbuster in that) that Venkman wants to Franchise out Ghostbusters?

QuoteThe Franchise Rights Alone will make us rich beyond our wildest dreams

Sound Familiar?

For me, every other idea would work as a continuation from the original films on this basis. They can even have them still being the New York team, or switch cities if they want to (without getting like CSI and it's spinoffs). Yes, it's the R word that annoys me about this.

The other alternative that I would have loved to have seen on screen was the original concept Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis had for Ghostbusters, where they would be almost like SWAT teams traveling through time, space and other dimensions to fight large ghosts (they kinda started to go there at times in the Cartoons I think, but I'd pay foldin cash to see THAT on the big screen).

As for this cast, I know little-to-nothing of any of them so can't judge. Also haven't had any interest in the past in Feig's work, so trying to go in with an open mind on that one. At least it's a film that can't really be harmed by extra CGI.

Another thing: Noticed the release date is just after my birthday in 2016 (same week and everything) so provided it doesn't get pushed back, looks like I already have birthday plans next year. :)
That's the bottom line coz Tone Cold said so...

Flins.

McKinnon has always stood out on SNL, for me atleast, in a similar manner to Wiig. Can only imagine that will translate to movies just as well. Leslie Jones I'm not so sure about, from what little I've seen of her she is more of a stand up than an actress, but she has plenty of character, she had a scene with Martin Freeman on a recent episode of SNL that had me laughing quite a bit.

I've never really bought into the idea that a rekindled film can destroy the legacy of the classic, doesn't make too much sense. I much prefer this to them just attempting a complete rehash.

Fnord

It's just another movie. If you love the original way better, just go watch it. lol

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Chris Shields

Quote from: Flins. on January 28, 2015, 01:31:29 PM
McKinnon has always stood out on SNL, for me atleast, in a similar manner to Wiig. Can only imagine that will translate to movies just as well. Leslie Jones I'm not so sure about, from what little I've seen of her she is more of a stand up than an actress, but she has plenty of character, she had a scene with Martin Freeman on a recent episode of SNL that had me laughing quite a bit.

I've never really bought into the idea that a rekindled film can destroy the legacy of the classic, doesn't make too much sense. I much prefer this to them just attempting a complete rehash.
I have the complete opposite opinion on McKinnon. I don't find her funny in any way at all,and the few times I've bothered to watch SNL, she's pretty much ruined everything she was part of. I don't know if it's her delivery or just her voice, but she gets on my nerves. Melissa McCarthy I actually like (at least on Mike & Molly), Wiig is kind of hit and miss, and I don't even know who the other one is.

As for this reboot or whatever, horrible freaking idea. I am tired of reboots and remakes and all of this crap. At least try to come up with an original idea. Hell, rip something off and just give it a different name, I don't really care. All I want them to do is stop taking the movies I grew up with, and rebooting/remaking them.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Fnord on January 28, 2015, 02:22:37 PM
It's just another movie. If you love the original way better, just go watch it. lol

Drama Queen

Quote from: Fnord on January 28, 2015, 02:22:37 PM

I agree with this sentiment, as long as they give the reboot a different name. When I say I love planet of the apes I don't want to have to explain its the one with charlton Heston.