News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

Quote from: Trumpers on February 23, 2013, 03:36:09 AM

Thats a shame, I like all the colours, colour dont matter to me, heck I would like a colour even if I didnt know it was a colour, all the same to you if someone called you heck then oh wait...ok I am going to go heck, there I go again, ummm yes, ok well lets see here...if I go is there a postal address I can send you a list of questions to...

Damn I missed Beast
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

T-Bonizzle

Waiting for the news story "GM Bone off-base, Rolo can't defend against a position he doesn't play!"

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Jag and Justin would you like to start coming up with your All Star selections for this season please. PM me your thoughts.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jennifer

Whilst if I had a better player, I'd probably be doing slightly better...

Chucky Dorrance is entertainingly shite. 1 rebound in an entire game as his sole contribution? What does he even do when he's on the court - just stand around cluelessly?

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Jon

Quote from: Jennifer on February 24, 2013, 02:28:08 PM
Whilst if I had a better player, I'd probably be doing slightly better...

Chucky Dorrance is entertainingly shite. 1 rebound in an entire game as his sole contribution? What does he even do when he's on the court - just stand around cluelessly?

Who would have thought someone would have given Chuckles Tree a fun for his money for worst player in the FBL. In fact, I think Chuckles is better.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Jon

This is for Ian.

ALL STAR GAME

SKILLS CHALLENGE WINNER: RICKY HALLMARK
3POINT SHOOTOUT WINNER: BLAIR SMITH
SLAM DUNK CONTEST WINNER: MAVERICK PETERS
ALL STAR GAME MVP: NICK GRAVIN

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jon on February 24, 2013, 02:30:48 PM
Who would have thought someone would have given Chuckles Tree a fun for his money for worst player in the FBL. In fact, I think Chuckles is better.

Sadly I agree. I think Chuckles is better than Dorrance which is shocking because no one not in Tijuana should be worse than Chuckles, lol.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

¿PapaPancho?

Makes me feel good that I passed on giving him a 5 year 5 million dollar contract.

GM Franchise

Quote from: MaskedLuchaLibre on February 24, 2013, 02:45:08 PM
Makes me feel good that I passed on giving him a 5 year 5 million dollar contract.

Good call on that one.  :)
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Jennifer

"Not really - I think he's just a giant douche!"

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Strike

Of course, the FBL being the FBL. Where the drama happens to my guy numero dos on the team. XD

I got some thinking to do on that noggin' and all.

GM Franchise

FBL Franchised, Vol. 6 –
All Star Breaking It Down:

Hello FBL fans. This is GM James Franchise with another edition of FBL Franchised. A lot went on this week. A few teams are gelling finally while others are disasters that are headed straight for the dungeon that will keep them from leaving to the promised land of the FBL playoffs. After this break the FBL will go insane on the road to the playoffs and the FBL Season 11 Championship. But, that said, it's time to get on with my report on all things FBL.

FBL Power Rankings:
1.   Kentucky Hayseeds (7-0) No movement
2.   Las Vegas Aces (7-0) No movement
3.   Virginia Colonials (5-2) Up 1
4.   Roswell Aliens (5-2) Up 5
5.   Boise Spuds (4-3) Up 6
6.   Mississippi Steamers (4-3) Down 3
7.   Hollywood Stars (4-3) Down 1
8.   Texas Stallions (4-3) No movement
9.   Puerto Rico Waves (4-3) Up 1
10.   Montana Bears (4-4) Down 5
11.   Anchorage Glaciers (3-4) Up 3
12.   Providence Diamonds (3-4) Up 3
13.   Seattle Toppers (3-4) Down 6
14.   Pittsburgh Blades (2-5) Down 2
15.   Boston Bells (2-6) Up 4
16.   Honolulu Volcanoes (1-6) Up 2
17.   Tampa Bay Dragons (1-6) Down 1
18.   Wyoming Wolves (1-6) Down 1

Lots of movement this week. Biggest movers were the Spuds going up 6 spots while the Aliens rose up 5 spots. On the other side of the coin the Toppers went down 6 spots and the Bears went down 5 spots. The top two teams, the Hayseeds and Aces, will likely only be competing with each other for the top spot. They are clearly the class of the league. Aliens, Spuds, and Toppers are making moves out West while the once mighty Bears would be out of the playoffs if the season ended now. That in itself is shocking considering they started off 4-0. Steamers and Stallions are both vulnerable in the East. I'm looking at both the Waves and Diamonds pouncing on them for those last two playoff spots since I don't see any scenario where either the Hayseeds or Colonials miss the playoffs at this rate...unless the Vraba situation gets out of control in Virginia. That is the only possibility where I see that happening. Glaciers and Toppers are both still alive out West. I think the Blades, Bells, Volcanoes, Dragons, and Wolves are out of the hunt at this point. Bells are the best of that bunch but with the protests going on it'll be hard for them to make any moves up the board on the road to the playoffs.

Franchised Players of the Week:
West –

Eddie Lights (Aces, vs. Toppers): 40 pts, 3 rbs, 8 stls

East –
Ricky Hallmark (Colonials, vs. Bells): 26 pts, 6 rbs, 20 asts, 3 stls

Honorable Mention:
Eddie Lights (Aces, vs. Volcanoes): 37 pts, 2 rb, 3 stls
Ty Williams (Glaciers, vs. Stars): 26 pts, 15 rbs, 4 blks
Redford Shack (Aces, vs. Toppers): 37 pts, 15 rbs, 3 blks
Troy Marshall (Waves, vs. Blades): 28 pts, 5 rbs, 5 asts, 2 blks, 2 stls
Clint Danberry (Colonials, vs. Bells): 25 pts, 15 rbs, 2 blks
Blair Smith (Bells, vs. Colonials): 32 pts, 2 rbs
Kamil Bennett (Hayseeds, vs. Dragons): 30 pts, 11 rbs, 2 blks
Freddie Bishop (Hayseeds, vs. Dragons): 23 pts, 6 rbs, 6 asts, 2 blks, 1 stl

MVP Watch:
This week saw Ricky Hallmark make a big push into the MVP rankings with his monster game against the Bells. Marshall keeps the top spot in the rankings but Lights is on the verge of passing him up despite Marshall's all-around game. Damore Richards dropped from the top five but Krease McCool is still in the rankings despite Kamil Bennett being the bubble.

Franchise Top 5 MVP Ladder after week 4...
1.   Troy Marshall (Waves)
2.   Eddie Lights (Aces)
3.   Redford Shack (Aces)
4.   Ricky Hallmark (Colonials)
5.   Krease McCool (Steamers)

Rookie Watch:
Here are the top rookie stats from week 4...
Ben Williams (Glaciers, vs. Wolves): 12 pts, 3 rbs, 11 asts, 1 stl
Nick Bliss (Glaciers, vs. Wolves): 21 pts, 2 rbs, 9 asts, 1 stl
Swoop McCarthy (Wolves, vs. Glaciers): 20 pts, 4 rbs, 2 asts
Andreas Kurtz (Wolves, vs. Glaciers): 20 pts, 4 rbs, 5 asts
Jamal Tees (Aliens, vs. Bears): 16 pts, 6 asts, 2 stls
JR Valentine (Stars, vs. Toppers): 16 pts, 2 rbs, 7 asts, 1 stl
Creed Jackson (Volcanoes, vs. Aces): 16 pts, 9 rbs, 1 blk
Dennis Reigns (Spuds, vs. Bears): 9 pts, 8 asts, 3 asts, 3 blks, 3 stls
Ronnie Stanza (Spuds, vs. Bears): 10 pts, 14 rbs, 3 blks
JR Valentine (Stars, vs. Glaciers): 13 pts, 2 rbs, 9 asts, 1 stl
Ben Williams (Glaciers, vs. Stars): 13 pts, 2 rbs, 10 asts, 2 stls
Nick Bliss (Glaciers, vs. Stars): 15 pts, 2 rbs, 5 asts, 2 stls
Jamal Tees (Aliens, vs. Volcanoes): 12 pts, 2 rbs, 5 asts, 2 stls
Creed Jackson (Volcanoes, vs. Aliens): 19 pts, 7 rbs
Bernie Evans (Blades, vs. Waves): 9 pts, 4 rbs
TJ Bailey (Bells, vs. Dragons): 11 pts, 3 rbs, 6 asts
Bobby Chang (Diamonds, vs. Stallions): 11 pts, 2 rbs, 12 asts, 1 stl
Scott Cunningham (Diamonds, vs. Stallions): 25 pts, 3 rbs, 1 ast
Mack Ryan (Stallions, vs. Diamonds): 9 pts, 11 rbs
Thomas Morgan (Hayseeds, vs. Stallions): 9 pts, 3 rbs, 12 asts, 2 stls
Rey Rodrigo (Bells, vs. Colonials): 12 pts, 2 rbs, 8 asts
TJ Bailey (Bells, vs. Colonials): 14 pts, 2 rbs, 8 asts, 2 stls
Mack Ryan (Stallions, vs. Blades): 8 pts, 9 rbs, 1 blk
Reggie Jones (Dragons, vs. Hayseeds): 20 pts, 2 rbs
Thomas Morgan (Hayseeds, vs. Dragons): 10 pts, 3 rbs, 14 asts
Bobby Chang (Diamonds, vs. Steamers): 10 pts, 2 rbs, 8 asts, 3 stls
Scott Cunningham (Diamonds, vs. Steamers): 18 pts, 3 rbs, 2 asts, 2 blks, 1 stl

A better week this week from the rookies. Much better than last week but still a few rookies had off weeks heading into the All Star Break. Here is the top 10 rookie ladder as of week 4...
1.   Scott Cunningham (Diamonds)
2.   Dennis Reigns (Spuds)
3.   Nick Bliss (Glaciers)
4.   Creed Jackson (Volcanoes)
5.   Andreas Kurtz (Wolves)
6.   JR Valentine (Stars)
7.   Bobby Chang (Diamonds)
8.   Ben Williams (Glaciers)
9.   Thomas Morgan (Hayseeds)
10.   TJ Bailey (Bells)

Bench Watch:
Here are the top bench stats from week 4...
Harry Allan (Bears, vs. Aliens): 14 pts, 1 rb, 6 asts, 3 stls
Sunshine Stream (Stars, vs. Toppers): 15 pts, 4 rbs, 6 asts, 1 blk, 1 stl
Flan Bulous (Aces, vs. Volcanoes): 13 pts, 3 rbs, 6 asts, 2 stls
Findi Muwama (Aces, vs. Volcanoes): 12 pts, 10 rbs, 2 asts, 2 blks, 1 stl
Flash Davis (Spuds, vs. Bears): 8 pts, 2 rbs, 8 asts, 2 stls
Ramick Lazco (Spuds, vs. Bears): 9 pts, 7 rbs, 1 ast, 4 blks
Harry Allan (Bears, vs. Spuds): 15 pts, 4 asts, 1 stl
Sunshine Stream (Stars, vs. Glaciers): 11 pts, 6 rbs, 4 asts, 1 blk, 3 stls
Flan Bulous (Aces, vs. Toppers): 12 pts, 2 rbs, 8 asts, 1 stl
Mission (Aces, vs. Toppers): 6 pts, 5 rbs, 3 ass, 2 blks, 1 stl
Findi Muwama (Aces. Vs. Toppers): 9 pts, 11 rbs, 1 ast, 4 blks, 1 stl
Reg Blackstock (Toppers, vs. Aces): 6 pts, 11 rbs
TJ Bailey (Bells, vs. Dragons): 11 pts, 3 rbs, 6 asts
Bobby Band (Dragons, vs. Bells): 8 pts, 4 rbs, 6 asts, 2 stls
Bob Breaker (Hayseeds, vs. Steamers): 9 pts, 8 rbs, 3 asts
Michael Free (Hayseeds, vs. Steamers): 8 pts, 5 rbs, 4 asts
James Cross (Colonials, vs. Bells): 16 pts, 5 rbs, 8 asts, 3 stls
Rey Rodrigo (Bells, vs. Colonials): 12 pts, 2 rbs, 8 asts
TJ Bailey (Bells, vs. Colonials): 14 pts, 2 rbs, 8 asts, 2 stls
Massimo Torre (Stallions, vs. Blades): 8 pts, 2 rbs, 6 asts
Phil Cook (Blades, vs. Stallions): 8 pts, 5 rbs
Bobby Band (Dragons, vs. Hayseeds): 8 pts, 2 rbs, 5 asts
Bob Breaker (Hayseeds, vs. Dragons): 10 pts, 8 rbs, 2 asts
Michael Free (Hayseeds, vs. Dragons): 9 pts, 3 rbs, 3 asts, 2 stls

Franchise's Top 5 Sixth Man Ladder after week 3...
1.   Sunshine Stream (Stars)
2.   Harry Allan (Bears)
3.   Bob Breaker (Hayseeds)
4.   Flan Bulous (Aces)
5.   TJ Bailey (Bells)

Random Thoughts...

Looks like the Spuds gamble on Flash is paying off. The country is clearly doing some good. Like what I'm seeing from Boise this season thus far.

I have a feeling Ronko is having some mental issues. Call it a hunch. I'm good with these type of things since I'm used to do with mentally unstable types.

Brian Beast loves to talk. If you talk to him he will ask you a million questions. In fact I've got exclusive video footage of him when he was five years old.

uncle buck - whats your record

See? Told ya.

Wolves are turning into a disaster. Swoop McCarthy, who should've been given a longer contract years wise anyway, wants out and I'm certain Coach Sui isn't happy. Lot of disarray in Wyoming. Hope GM Death can turn it around.

Eddie Lights should lead the league in scoring by the end of the season by my calculations. Only Marshall, Shack, Bennett, and Richards should challenge him, maybe Cunningham as well. Speaking of scoring totals the East has a lot more top scorers than the West does. Disparity is very noticeable from the outside looking it.

I like Champ Martin's leadership ability in Roswell. Who traded to bring him in there I wonder? Oh, it was me. Glad my best trade ever is working out for them in the long run. GM Steven has done a fantastic job of getting him and Sean Rivers some other guys that are turning into a contender in the West. Hoping Champ wins the Skills Challenge.

Cedric Malone wants to leave Montana. Not surprised. He'd better hope one of the expansion teams takes a chance on him because he's going to be out of the FBL next season at this rate unless that happens.

Can't believe I'm saying this but Mark Brown is an upgrade over Dave Chart in Anchorage. I think he and Roddick work well with GM Rebel moreseo than their predecessors did. Think they will sneak into the fourth playoff spot or just miss out by a game or two. Bears handling of the SG position will decide the last spot out West.

Deuce Callahan's scandal is just another PR disaster in a string of them for the Volcanoes. Don't worry. I'm sure Moses Franks, who's coaching MY Tijuana Bullfighters into the Mexican League playoffs right now, will be willing to save the day before the volcano really erupts and causes the entire franchise to be burned up in molten lava by the end of the season.

Scott Cunningham is the star of the future. He and former college and current Diamonds teammate Bobby Chang are going to propel the Diamonds into the playoffs next season. I'm calling it right now. Also if he is not an All Star this season I riot. GM Rob, get the armory ready for battle just in case he is left off the Eastern Conference team.

Jimmy Street fighting in a bar...yeah, not surprised. Steamers need to get it together otherwise they'll be out of the playoffs at the rate they're going.

Dragons having a coaching issue with Mike Flips...yeah, not surprised by this either but I gotta side with Flips on this one considering what Rekov said to the media. GM Cory is in hot water with coaches again. This seems to be a running thing with him and what bad timing. Dragons are in the cellar out East which is not good considering how well they've played the previous two seasons.

Micah Grey has a reason to fear a long second half of the season. Blades are struggling but I think they will finish ahead of the Dragons and possibly the Bells but that might be about it. Being optimistic with them.

Jay Chill's cannabis issues are a big issue for the Seeds who are the ultimate good guy team in the FBL. He's good but I'm interested to see how the Seeds handle him considering they are championship contenders. Chill possibly might be gone after this season due to the PR issues but I'm interested to see how they handle him.

This just in. Xavi Madrid is sitting out the rest of this season. There goes the Stallions playoff hopes. Someone set him up with that kidnapping and I want answers. I'll send my spies...I mean, sources to find out more on this situation.

Mrs. Vraba blames GM Jon for what Geoff Fardy did to her. Not surprised and not surprised that her husband is pissed off about this. Hey Vraba, come out here to my beach house in La Jolla so we can hang out over the All Star Break. You too Mike Flips. Moses and Zapporah Franks are coming out here to chill. You two should come over too.

Vernon Nelson, a TRUE American patriot, is causing a protest in Boston over what he perceives to be better treatment for foreign born players than American players on the Bells. I have no comment on this matter but Nelson is a true American and I respect his playing ability.

Troy Marshall guaranteeing a dunk contest win is like Chucky Dorrance guaranteeing that he will put up almost nothing on his stat lines every game. Just saying.

Now for the fun stuff. The OFFICIAL GM Franchise picks for the All Star Contests:
Dunk – Troy Marshall
Three Point Shootout – Damore Richards
Skills Challenge – Champ Martin

That's all for now. Chilling on the beach in La Jolla this week since my teams are preparing for playoff runs and I want them focused on practicing than dealing with me. Going to be a good week. That's all for now. This is GM Franchise signing off from the beach. Seen a few seagulls this afternoon. It's a sign.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Once I have the full lineups and stuff PM'd to me by the GMs of East/West will run a sim for the game. We wont lock in and then just continue as if going into Week 5.

I also used 'post' instead of 'most' in some of the questions this week, no penalty for interpretation of the media question...cant say the same for some the others though lol.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Stoner

Can my team be called the Postal Workers?

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM