News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strike

Quote from: Stonerman on May 27, 2013, 08:29:40 PM
I didn't name TFWF as an efed in my conversation at all.  Just said it was a hobby GM Stoner had when he was younger.

Oh no, this wasn't meant sarcastically. I actually thought it was nifty and have been doing something along those lines too, just about since the time when the FBL got mentioned in a TFWF Monday Night Mayhem show (I think Hondo and BJW were in said segment).

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on May 27, 2013, 07:32:47 PM

I loved shitting on your car this morning dick face...

I wonder if he shit in his bag too...
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jennifer

So tempted to answer

"Only the insufficiently cute ones."

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Mike Powers

So I guess I fucked the morale of my bench. My first real mistake as a GM.

Dorling

Ty, did you accuse your owner of talking 'bullocks?' Not sure that was a good move! Were you looking for the word 'bollocks?' Not that it would pave the way to a more pleasant conversation.

I'm enjoying FBL being back, I must say.

Jon

Quote from: Dorling on May 28, 2013, 10:59:59 AM
Ty, did you accuse your owner of talking 'bullocks?' Not sure that was a good move! Were you looking for the word 'bollocks?' Not that it would pave the way to a more pleasant conversation.

I'm enjoying FBL being back, I must say.

I was more curious as to him comparing his team to a locomotive and needing "steam". You know... the guy that was there before you took his talent to the Mississippi "Steam"ers and their logo has a locomotive on it.

:P

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Ty

Different word. Bollocks refers to testicles, bullocks refers to an expression of frustration used when something is incorrectly blamed on yourself. At least, thats how it is here. Pretty much what I said was I disagree.

The funny thing, the whole Flash conversation, I followed exactly what my management text book told me to do. Confronted the situation before it began (expectations), gathered opinion from the person in question (asked Flash what he wanted), didnt make any accusation or point fingers, and everything it else it said (i dont have my textbook with me). I did exactly what I wouldve done in real life... still didnt work lol, now Im talking to the owner and when that happens, its never pretty.

EDIT: Steamboat and trains are different lol

J-Reb

I've learned that logic doesn't make sense in the FBL world.  You have to figure out the solution, as whacky or nonsensical as it may be, and go for it.

Stoner

Like letting your star player kick the crap out of you on a PPV in front of your entire city?

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Ty

@Rebel: lol Im trying, it just never seems to work. If I can make it to the end of the season, get a solid PF in the draft (or trade for one) and my team is set to be a playoff contender for a long time, I would think the owner would be happy

Dorling

Quote from: Totally TyTy on May 28, 2013, 11:10:17 AM
Different word. Bollocks refers to testicles, bullocks refers to an expression of frustration used when something is incorrectly blamed on yourself.

Yeah, in England we say people are talking bollocks when we think they're talking rubbish. So if I said Tottenham were the best team in the world, my friends would correctly say 'that's bollocks.'

However, the dogs bollocks are good. That's how we roll in England.

Ty

The dog's bollocks are good? That sounds like beastiality to me

Hondo

Quote from: Totally TyTy on May 28, 2013, 11:23:41 AM
The dog's bollocks are good? That sounds like beastiality to me

Not if they're sauteed in butter and chives. Then it's dinner.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

J-Reb

Quote from: Totally TyTy on May 28, 2013, 11:20:50 AM
@Rebel: lol Im trying, it just never seems to work. If I can make it to the end of the season, get a solid PF in the draft (or trade for one) and my team is set to be a playoff contender for a long time, I would think the owner would be happy

You're thinking too far in advance.  I think Ian puts speed bumps in the way to keep it interesting, for us and him, to keep it interesting.  You have to manage today.  Hondo and Dorling have mastered it but the rest of us seem to find ways to put our foots in our mouths!

GM Franchise

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on May 28, 2013, 11:32:41 AM
You're thinking too far in advance.  I think Ian puts speed bumps in the way to keep it interesting, for us and him, to keep it interesting.  You have to manage today.  Hondo and Dorling have mastered it but the rest of us seem to find ways to put our foots in our mouths!

This sums it up perfectly.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible