News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple B

Quote from: Strike on July 24, 2013, 12:17:37 PM
Once everybody's locked in and Ian gets all the team stories on General News, he'll put in the Results thread for the season and upload the Adobe sheets with the results.

Is the whole season done at once, or each week is a round of games played, and that allows teams to make adjustments mid-season?
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Stoner

Quote from: Triple B on July 24, 2013, 01:18:42 PM
each week is a round of games played, and that allows teams to make adjustments mid-season?

This one.  After each week of games check the General News thread to see what happened in reference to your(and other)teams.  You'll have a press conference with several questions that allow you to respond to the General News for your team, among other things, and then be able to do things like talk to your coach, or your team doctor or players and make any adjustments to your lineup that you may need to make.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

T-Bonizzle

It breaks down like this.

We lock in.

Ian posts General News, which gives some insight as to what is going on around the league.

Threads unlock with a press conference. You answer the press conference. THEN WAIT for your Coach. Always talk to your coach before doing anything else. You will be punished if you don't.

Then you can take care of whatever you need to take care of. Lock in for the next week. Rinse and repeat.

Mike Powers

Haven't looked into it at all, so I have no idea if it would work or not.  Is Toom for Champ something that could work?

Justin

Quote from: Mike Powers on July 24, 2013, 03:58:38 PM
Haven't looked into it at all, so I have no idea if it would work or not.  Is Toom for Champ something that could work?

No.  Steven is strapped for cash.  That's why he can't give Champ the money he wants now.

Jon

Alright here is a possible solution for the Puerto Rico and Roswell troubles.

Puerto Rico gets:
Champ Martin (Sign him to a $10 mil deal)
Cal Roberts ($10 mil)
Hans Fuhr ($3 Mil)

Roswell gets:
Caleb Toom ($10 mil) - May want more (Can increase him to $12 mil)
Kolo Rolo (8.5 mil)
Chris Perkins (4.5 Mil)

------

Here is why it works.

The trade is pretty much $23 mil for $23 mil, depending on Toom, really. I think a $2 million increase will satisfy him.

Roswell:
Make Captain Scotty Fletcher the Captain. Might as well get your money's worth.
Move Tees to PG.
Rolo SG.
Fletcher SF.
Bradd PF.
Toom C.

Puerto Rico:
Make Champ the Captain. Pay him the $10 mil you sort of offered him already.
PG Champ
SG Ferndale
SF Rogers
PF Kluff
C Roberts

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Hondo

Does Perkins have beef with Roswell though?

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Jon

Quote from: JackHondo on July 25, 2013, 08:51:05 AM
Does Perkins have beef with Roswell though?

No, why would he?

You might be thinking of Chris Flynn.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Hondo

Quote from: Jon on July 25, 2013, 08:57:51 AM
No, why would he?

You might be thinking of Chris Flynn.

I am. My bad.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Sgt. Josh Underpants

This is how I pictured Justin after he got robbed

Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

GM Franchise

Meanwhile, in Birmingham...

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Mike Powers

Are you basing "Birmingham wins" on the question "is this your proudest moment in 5 years"?  Because just losing by 5 or so points would qualify too.....

:D

I kid, I kid.

GM Franchise

They're also celebrating not hearing questions like this from the local media...

Q2.  Any response to the ticket refund?

:P
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Steven

This season will be a long one...

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Sgt. Josh Underpants on July 25, 2013, 03:19:01 PM
This is how I pictured Justin after he got robbed

This was me when I read Steven's latest post in his team thread. I was in the hunt for Champ :/