News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Official Transfer Thread

Started by Kenfucius, July 15, 2008, 03:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Chisel

Most of the Glen Johnson fee was a write off for the money Portsmouth still owed for Crouch. He cost Portsmouth 11 million, they're looking to make a 1million profit on him if he's sold to Sunderland. I like Crouch, he's a a tad underrated I think.  Though we have to remember that being English automatically adds a couple of million onto a players value somehow.

Clearly Man City are going to be playing 0-0-10 next season! Though seriously, I can see Bellamy and Benjani going at least. Hull want the latter and Craig Bellamy generally moves on after a season anyway! I somehow don't think that Mark Hughes is in charge of these transfers at all by the way.

Hyde

Have to say I'm delighted at the Adebayor price.

Duckman

The Eto/Ibrahimovic deal is insane.

£35 million plus Eto on a permanent contract and Hleb on a seasons loan.

Ibrahimovic has done fuck all in the Champion League.  How the hell he is supposed to be worth £35 million PLUS Eto is beyond me!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

Well as Barca being my fav. team outside of the Prem, Still unsure. Ibra will MURDER in the Spanish League. If Ruud @ 32 can net like 20, Ibra should get more than that.

Sad to see Eto'd go, but Hleb is awful, and the money is probably Barca trying to 'beef' up a bit more with all of the tranfers Real is getting in.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jimmy Chisel

Zlatan was a beast in Serie A with a midfield behind him that wasn't half of what Barca have. He'll be a killer.

Kenfucius

Jimmy hit the nail on the head.

The main reason Ibrahimovic hasn't done shit in the CL is because Inter, in the time he's been there, really haven't had the quality to help him. Guys like Vieira, Figo, Zanetti were past their best, while the likes of Cambiasso, Adriano, Mancini last year... they're good, but not good enough to really be a true threat at that level.

With a team like Barca, and the fact that he's stopped being a complete prima donna bitch in the last year or two... I expect him to be awesome in La Liga and the CL for them.

Jerry McClean

Where are all the Championship transfers? That's where the REAL footy fans are. ;)

Duckman

Bjorn Helge Riise [Lillestrom - Fulham] Undisclosed - John's brother.  Another ginger in the Premiership!

Kyle Naughton [Sheffield United - Tottenham] Undisclosed - supposed to be a really good prospect for the future.

Kyle Walker [Sheffield United - Tottenham] Undisclosed - supposed to be going back to Sheff Utd on a season long loan.

Felipe Caicedo [Man City - Sporting Lisbon] Loan - City clearing some space on the bench!

The Eto deal is also nearly done with Ibramhimovic going to Barca and £40 odd million going to Inter!  Crazy deal.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Adam Wrong

happy at riise - hopefully solid like his bro and the fee is though to be about 3mill

crouch rejected sunderland move and its a straight up battle between Fulham and the yids

Yids have Harry who crouch likes
Fulham have Europe which will appeal to crouch who will want european exposure to appeak to capello

Cory

Black Cats just got Lyon Captain Erick Cana for 7.5 million. VERY good pickup, excellent playmaker.

Cory

Toure is off to Man City for 26 Million from Arsenal. Wow, good move from Arsenal. Toure is worth maybe 15 million.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Got to be allowed to spend it first though mate lol
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Cory

True......It's scary to check the rumors for Arsenal going after a defender. The only thing coming up is that they're probably unloading Gallas to Inter or AC.

Cory

Oba Martins is gone from Newscastle to Wolfsberg in Germany for just under 10 million

Hyde

It's funny how removed from reality your rumours are, Cory. No one whatsoever is talking about Gallas leaving Arsenal because there's no way it'll happen. Toure cost £16m, not £26m, but then again he's worth £9m at best. And "Erick Cana" is in fact Lorik Cana, and he's not remotely a playmaker, all he can do is kick people.