News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The Shark Tank (Chicago)

Started by Mike Powers, January 07, 2015, 01:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midas

That is fantastic to hear... I will keep you appraised to the situation here and give my best to the family...

Bobby... I am completely absent minded today and I went from my conversation with Mr. Morse right to conversing with Mr. McCarthy then to Duke and completely forgot that we placed Mr. Lancaster on hold. This is not your fault Bobby but do me a favor and next time just stop me and give me a friendly reminder about this.

If Mr. Lancaster is still on hold please patch him in but before you do that can you please find out how much it would cost us to send Mr. Lancaster a box of Cuban Cigars for our oversight... Also find out if this in some way violates the rules of the TCW before we actually do anything.  Make sure you have this information to me before patching him in, I know he has been waiting a long time if he is still waiting but maybe it will soften his stance if he knows some nice cubans are on the way.

Also Bobby when this is all done choose a place where you want to eat lunch... You have been busting your ass today for me and since we are pretty much done after Mr. Lancaster until we draft another person we should do lunch. You deserve it for your hard work!

Mike Powers

We are unable to provide gifts of any kind to agents, as that could be looked at as inappropriate behavior.  Also, Mr. Lancaster hung up a long time ago, but he is here to see you now.     

As soon as the midget out there told me that you wanted me to hold, I hung up.  NOBODY puts me on hold, let's get that straight right from the get go.  We understand each other?  Good.

Now, I assume that this meeting is about my client Jacob Stance.  As I've told everyone, Jacob is the hottest free agent on the market today.  We are listening to each and every interested party.  So, go ahead and pitch to me why Chicago is the place for Jacob.  Then, privately message me your contract offer.  Once all offers and pitches are in, we will make a decision.   

Midas

Mr. Lancaster you are correct and we are understood... It was highly inappropriate of me to ask for someone who is as busy as you to hold. I assure you that this will never happen again!

I appreciate you giving me a second opportunity and I will simply cut to the chase... Chicago is the SECOND largest market in TCW and we have the largest arena and in my opinion that greatest fan base in the nation...Mind you I am bias as I am Chicago born and raised...

At this point right now we here at the Shark Tank are looking to build around the Super Heavyweight and Heavyweight Division and we feel Jacob Stance will fit in perfectly with the vision we have. It is unfortunate that he could not come to terms with Miami and while we do not offer beautiful weather all year here in Chicago we offer a future in a great market... I will have Bobby fax over the offer sheet and hopefully it is sufficient enough to get him here...

Thank you for your time and I apologize once again for my actions earlier sir!

Mike Powers

I'll relay everything to Jacob.  I'm sure you'll be aware when we make our decision.  Good day. 

Midas

Bobby can you get Daniel Morse on the phone...

Mr. Morse how are you? I would like to offer your client Bull a 3 year deal worth 3 million a year with 500k for PR...

Mike Powers

Bull is looking for $4 million, plus a $500K signing bonus to outfit a specialty tour bus to fit a man his size.  It is hell for him to fly. 

Midas

I understand... He is a big man and wants to be comfortable... I will admit that due to the rules of the league my budget for Signing bonuses is close to maxing out but I do not want Bull being uncomfortable...

(Thinks for a moment)

You know what I can't have someone on my roster being uncomfortable... I can work something out if Bull is willing to take 3.5 Million I can rearrange some things and make that signing bonus happen...

Midas

Mr. Morse are you still on the line.... Mr. Morse...

(Yells for Bobby)

Bobby... Is Mr. Morse still with me or did we lose the call?

Mike Powers

DANIEL STARTLES AWAKE

Huh, wha.....umm.....deal?

Midas

Sounds good Mr. Morse I will submit the paperwork for 3 Years 3.5 Million a year with a 500k Signing bonus and 500k for PR...

Bobby Can you get Melissa Solis on the phone...

Melissa how are you today? We would like to offer your client Bobby Stevens a 4 Year 3 Million dollar deal to sign with us.

Mike Powers

That sounds like exactly what we were thinking.  Deal.   

Mike Powers

Might wanna check your contract sweetheart.  I don't know who "Bobby Stevem" is.   

Midas

It would appear my eyes are not what they once were... I will fix that asap...

Bobby can you get Eric McCarthy on the phone so we can discuss a deal for Delbert Larson....

Mr. McCarthy... I drafted Delbert to work with Bull Bradford in what we will consider to be one of the most dominating tag teams in the league...

We have heard rumblings about his desire to sign with his girlfriend Sarah Devine but at times rumors are just that, is there any truth to these rumors?

Mike Powers

If you had scouted my client, then you would already know that he and his girlfriend Sarah Divine will not accept being on separate teams.  We will sign here, only with your guarantee that you'll either trade for Sarah, or trade Delbert to Sarah's club.   

Midas

I understand and I knew had the rumors turned out to be true that I would have taken a gamble on him but none the less we felt that we could work something out. I have been in communication with the other GM and he has assured me that we would be able to come to an agreement to assure that both of you are on the same team...

If you client is fearful of this then we will gladly discuss a 1 year deal instead of the long term deal I had in mind.