News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

TFWF / EFK Football Season 4

Started by Ash Bombay, July 25, 2011, 03:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

I'm shocked my team even has two wins. I was thinking we'd have 2 the whole season, lol.  :D
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Black Death

blew last week game ... all had to do was start  the bills def and I win   lol

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Whoever was moaning about Special Teams points not counting, I have fixed that, I got information back from NFL.com on how to add that into our game so now your Kick Returns and Punt Returns play a factor as well and people can stop moaning about it.

Ian
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Doug E Fresh

Poor Fnord...Aaron Rodgers went all Brady on him as I likely go to 3-1 lol

Fnord

Quote from: Potato Hater on October 03, 2011, 03:25:10 AM
Whoever was moaning about Special Teams points not counting, I have fixed that, I got information back from NFL.com on how to add that into our game so now your Kick Returns and Punt Returns play a factor as well and people can stop moaning about it.

Ian

Whoever was moaning about this... you probably just should've told them to fuck off.  Changing rules and scoring after the draft and 4 weeks of games?  Not good.  What rules changed?

PS: Screw you Doug E!  :P  hahahaha

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Fnord on October 03, 2011, 08:25:40 AM
Whoever was moaning about this... you probably just should've told them to fuck off.  Changing rules and scoring after the draft and 4 weeks of games?  Not good.  What rules changed?

PS: Screw you Doug E!  :P  hahahaha

It was brought up at the start of the season and only just been able to get a response from NFL.com on how to do it. The only rule which has changed is points for KR and PR returns. It's really not that big of a deal...and let's not make it into one. It's suppose to be a bit of fun at the end of the day...Jeez...

Fnord

I'm not making it into a big deal.  Just saying Devin Hester's value just SHOT through the roof!   :o

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I do recognize the irony of this as I actually do have Hester in my team, however as I said I have been waiting for contact from NFL.com for pretty much 4 weeks plus on how we implement it as it was a request. If it's any consolation I have still lost this week more than likely and I missed out on Percy Harvin's good stuff in previous weeks as well as Hester's.

Fnord you are literally the only person to wind me up while I am suppose to be relaxing...wish I had not have been chasing this now...

Fnord

hahaha, relax man!  I didn't even know you had Devin Hester on your team.  I'm not trying to wind you up here!  :)

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

On reflection I just checked the game between Cory and me I didnt know I had two players yet to play. The scoring of Hester put me too close to Cory in terms of waiting on our Monday Night Game. This isn't fair on Cory and his team so I will remove it now I have the hang of it and add it next week.

Midas

Quote from: Potato Hater on October 03, 2011, 09:16:52 AM
On reflection I just checked the game between Cory and me I didnt know I had two players yet to play. The scoring of Hester put me too close to Cory in terms of waiting on our Monday Night Game. This isn't fair on Cory and his team so I will remove it now I have the hang of it and add it next week.

By this comment I believe you were under the impression that if you waited till week 4 games were over then it would not effect them...

But if you look closely once you changed the point system it retroactively changed all points from each game from week one on...

So for example on post # 58 of this thread the standings were as of the end of week 3:

Old School - 3-0
Sharp As Blade - 2-1
Total Force Winning Football - 1-2
Fnords Fumblers - 1-2

Fresh Meat - 2-1
Magnum PHI - 1-2
Murder City Violence - 1-2
Two and Out - 0-3

Sunday Drivers - 3-0
Twilight Zone - 2-1
The Quite Good Team - 2-1
The Outlaws - 0-3

Audibly Offensive - 3-0
Death Squad - 1-2
San Diego Running Backs - 1-2
Chicago Stunners - 1-2

Now with
Chicago Stunners
Magnum PHI
Old School
Two and Out
Fresh Meat
Twilight Zone
Sunday Drivers
Death Squad

All winning the new standings should look different then what they are looking now which is:

Old School - 4-0
Fnords Fumblers - 2-2
Sharp As Blade - 1-3
Total Force Winning Football - 0 -4

Magnum PHI - 3-1
Fresh Meat - 3-1
Two and Out - 1-3
Murder City Violence - 0-4

Sunday Drivers - 4-0
The Quite Good Team - 2-2
Twilight Zone - 2-2
The Outlaws - 0-4

Audibly Offensive - 3-1
Death Squad - 3-1
Chicago Stunners - 3-1

San Diego Running Backs - 1-3

Note that the red teams are the ones whose records changed for the worse and the blue teams are the ones that changed for the better... The black teams stayed the same... But in regards to the Black Teams it is worth noting that the point change might have given them wins this week that they would not have had if the changes were not made. TWO games were decided by TWO points or less so we will never know...

Now I for one was not a fan of the changes being made in the middle of the season but no sense on fighting city hall so I rolled with it and did my thing to adjust. I benefited from the changes because it gave me a win that I would not have had prior...

This is not a complaint more of me letting you know what has happened since your last post made it seem like you were not aware that the changes would affect games previously played before the changes.

Like you said, these changes were suppose to be implemented prior to the season starting so changes made in the win lost column due to them should not be enough reason to change that and I understand...

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

You know what FUCK NFL.COM

Honestly, try and put something into place and this happens...

I changed it back. Next season we can outline it better. Good spot Midas, they really don't have any communication skills what so ever.

So...in retrospect we return to what was the beginning of the season with that all taken out. Next year I'll get us all together beforehand and we can decide properly on the points system

Again thanks Midas. Sorry to any inconvenience caused to everyone, but it seems to me I am one of the only people who drafted players on the idea that we could install KR and PR options (hence why I thought Hester was a bargin)

At least we can default back!

Midas

Midas

Also just so you know...

You missed the

2 Points per reception
-2 for a missed PAT

as neither of these are set in standard leagues and I believe these are the two reasons why the records have not converted back to the way they should be...

For example...

Total Force Winning Football is still 0-4 but should be 1-3 and Murder City is 0-4 but should be 1-3... Once you eliminate those two things I am confident the records will correct themselves as I believe that:

Week One

Fnords Fumblers 128.00 (68.00)
Total Force Winning Football 127.46 (79.46)

Death Squad 110.58 (72.58)
Murder City Violence 95.56 (77.56)

Also the victories from this week change when you factor in these changes...

Oddly enough if my match is right one team should get a win when the changes are made as they currently have a lost for week 4 (remember if my math is right)

Total Force Winning Football over Magnum PHI

Just a FYI I am really bored at work which is why I have plenty of time to do this LMAO

jagilki