News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

MFX Podcast Show/Feedback Thread.

Started by Duckman, December 22, 2011, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Going to give this a listen over the weekend. Interested to hear the interview with Nigel.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Samson From T.F.W.F.
There is a unique chemistry the two of you have which should not be overlooked. Sam I felt you interviewed him tremendously, but what I like about the format as well is that Ian has that quick witted ability to chime in and make it seem more relaxed with a joke here or there before getting onto his serious bit, though I didn't hear much of you during ROH Ian, you need to have said something old friend! Your question about Chelsea was fantastic as well as your comment about never getting laid as a wrestling fan. Sam you missed a calling for the record, total natural. This show format is what makes your podcast very special. Whatever you do going forward after this, dont change who you guys are. In my opinion your entire focus should be on getting your name out there. Throw some money at it. What you have on the show works and is a lot of fun to listen to. Anyone not giving this a chance is frankly ridiculous. We all have time in cars, walking, journeys on public transport, studying...what I have always had as my music time. Now I have a new thing to add to this MFX. The rest of you should support these two fine gentlemen and get onboard with this and your reward is a highly entertaining show.

It did seem to me that the interview went well and was well received also by McGuiness himself. I thought he was quite insightful on his views of the industry, though I do think he should be a lot more proud of what he did for wrestling than he seems. That sort of thing left me a bit perplexed. I havent seen the documentary, but based on the interview would highly consider ordering it.

The usual TNA and WWE feedback was great. Yes, Booker T set us back about 50 years by endorsing Team Lynchmob! I actually really liked the bit at the end of Impact where Sir Ian went into one of his customary yet insightful rants about Hogan. One of the rare things about these sort of podcasts which the pair of you do very well is provide logic to your answers. It's fairly obvious Ian you have a keen business head regardless and it shines through when this topic is touched on the show. It was much like a couple of episodes ago where Duckman defended the Rock vs Cena II to the IWC and the MFX Galaxy. Again, smart business head, smart reasoning of why this would happen.

Top moments of the week include in no particular order:

- Ian asking Nigel about tapping Chelsea's ass
- Duckman saying wrong demographic when Nigel couldnt remember the ballet brothers name
- Duckman and Sir Ian's extra adventures of sexual whateverism
- Sir Ian making a joke about being a wrestling fan and not getting laid
- Sir Ian saying about Nigel losing out to Teen Wolf though I didnt get the follow up reference by Nigel must be a British thing about Desmond
- Lonesome Dove reference
- Hawk Hogan
- Double dare reference
- Vince McMahon as Jigsaw, that had be rolling
- Vince as the guy from the movie Momento also big chucks
- Give Zig a chance!!!
- Ian's new song for Ryder

On a side note here are some great nicknames Carlton Ryblack (Big E), Brick Hogan (Brooke), Bitch Sting (Sting), Teflon Taz (Taz), Milf Hunter (Todd K.), Russian Offshore Fisherman that rescued Jason Bourne (Anderson), Skipberg (Ryback), Nerd Patrol (Briscoe and Garrett) Sonic (Josh Matthews) to name a few of the greats. This is always one of my favorite parts of the show is when you create a character on top of the stupid WWE character or TNA character. Like how Hogan is always super conceited and looking for sex opportunities with Brick or Sonic Matthews roving reporter is good as well.

Keep this up brothers, you have lightening in a bottle as they say!

Duckman and me got this feedback over on T.F.W.F. about this show and a more general feel on MFX. This is what we would really appreciate from others please. SOMETHING to help, advise, whatever.

This is really important to Sam and me we understand our market so we are turning to you guys for help.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Alex Smiley

I'll leave feedback on the show itself soon, but I'd like to spout off how much I enjoyed the Nigel interview. On the note of the videos, I would suggest putting in bits of your audio in the future. Case in point, the Teflon Taz video could've used Ian's impression at the end with "SEE YA!" Great stuff overall, though.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Duckman

Still looking for your feedback on the show this week and in particular the interview with Nigel McGuinness.

Let's hear from you EFK!

Thanks.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Alex Smiley

I've literally just left this on the FB page, but there's an added bit that I'm leaving here:

- The interview was great. I really enjoyed hearing his take on how the doc turned out, and I got the sense he feels more secure in how his career panned out.

- The recaps were great as always. My personal opinion re: Rock-Cena 2 is that it might draw more money, but that doesn't mean I have to sit there and enjoy it. That said, I can certainly not whine about it quite as much lol

I'm actually gonna go back and listen soon, because I really want to catch that Double Dare reference that Samson brought up in his feedback lol. If we're talking about the kids' game show, then I've a feeling I know where to find it...

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Duckman

Time to get excited MFX Galaxy - MFX37 is here! It's another MFX classic as we cover topics as diverse as meteor strikes in Russia, Oscar Pistorious, Elimination Chamber, RAW, IMPACT and race.

It's one of those hot topic wrestling podcasts that has to be heard to be believed. We tickle your funny bone until you just can't take any more.

The week in wrestling doesn't get any more entertaining than this!

Click the link below for the full show and link to the show:

http://goo.gl/Am1f8

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Goldferg

When you guys were talking about Lawler sounding stoned during the Raw commentary, am i the only one who suddenly wondered if he and Swagger had been having an RVD & Sabu moment?

Also, if you think about it, the Cena giving Punk a chance to take his title shot DOES make sense. All you have to do is look at this as being Cena's year of redemption for the alleged 'worst year of his career', where he does the things he tried and failed at last year. Beating Rock is one, winning the title is another. And beating Punk, one on one is another.  Hell, if you look back on it Cena's alleged tailspin started when he lost the belt to Punk at MitB 2011, so you could even use that as a factor as to why he lost to Rock last year and have it so he has to beat Punk to shore up his confidence,

It's still 'wrestling crazy logic' but it does make a twisted kind of sense.
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Duckman

Lawler was either off his meds or toking on a Swagger Bong before the show.  Even for him he was waaaay out there and off his game.

That Cena 'logic' hurts my brain.  I stand by the fact he got Bobby Roode'ed and is a fucking moron.  Or that CM Punk has mind control gas.  Either of those makes more sense than WWE's booking.

Plus he's beaten CM Punk HUNDREDS of times.  I don't get why we are supposed to all believe that never happened.

It's WWE logic but it's also insulting as fuck to anyone with a IQ higher than pencil.

Still, at least they can count on Swagger too.....oh fuck.

Thanks for listening to MFX as always buddy, you're one of the main supporters of the show and we really fucking appreciate it. 

Peace

Duckman

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

We finished recording show 38...Duckman will post info soon, but check out our facebook page for our latest NSFW commercial!!!

Duckman

MFX 38 – The Re-run.

It's that time of week once again, time to set phases to snark, sit back and enjoy another few hours in the company of two sarcastic wrestling fans and a cast of random characters.  Oh yeah baby, it's MFX38!

We should point out that thanks to some weird fault on the recording, we had to redo the first part of the show this week.  Which was annoying for a number of reasons but mainly because we have a HUGE announcement regarding the future of MFX.  Exciting times folks!  Plus we talk Jack Swagger's arrest and The Undertaker's house show return.

Then it's on to the usual MFX review of TNA IMPACT.  IMPACT is Hogan this week.  Which means we go into over drive.  So many jokes, so much Hogan chat and tons more.

We wrap the show up this week with an in-depth review of RAW.  The opening was great.  The ending was amazing.  The middle kind of sucked.  Oh but there's so much more to our review of RAW than that.

As always thanks for listening and we hope you guys enjoy the show.  Be sure to check our Facebook page and Twitter for more on the HUGE announcement on the future of MFX.

PLAYLIST:
Ray Charles - Hit the Road Jack
Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=195

Duckman

MFX39 is here folks!  Our first show on The Universal Takeover Sports Network!!  This is a big week for MFX so be sure to check the show out for all the usual RAW and IMPACT reviews.  Plus so many funny moments, surreal tangents and childish humour we can't do it justice here.  Check out the podcast page for full details.  Oh and Sir goes to the movies this week.  You DO NOT want to miss this!

Thanks and enjoy the show!

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=200

jagilki

not sure how it works in the UK, but in the states every WWE PPV is paid for.

$49.99 per PPV except Mania which has been around what?  70-75 bucks.

WWE Network @14.99 (11/PPVs) =  $164.89

11 PPVs @49.99 = $549.89

Either way is expensive as hell, but network for a year is just slightly more expensive than 3 PPV's by themselves.

Duckman

MFX40 – Duckman's Birthday Extravaganza.

Well, not really.  It is Duckman's birthday this week but we haven't got time to be going on about that.  It's MFX40 on UTNSN and we're back to rock your week in wrestling like no one else can.

We kick off the show this week with so much news, feedback, comment and opinion that it could be a podcast all of its own.  Oh and we learn that Sir Ian isn't a fan of Wrestle Talk TV!

IMPACT is given the usual MFX treatment.  It's the go-home show for Lockdown and TNA really staggered over the line to the PPV this week.  The show was kinda weak.  Our review is STRONG!  Like Rob Terry strong.  And funny.  Like Hulk Hogan funny.

We take a look at TNA's Lockdown PPV.  A bit of a mixed bag of a show but we do enjoy our Brick Hogan is Rain Man booker idea.  Plus Sir Ian worships at the altar of Bully Ray – the MFX Podcast's new favourite babyface.

We wrap the show up this week with our review of RAW.  MFX Galaxy, we thought this show sucked.  But once again when wrestling goes boring, MFX goes funny.  So much gold here, you'll all finish one hundred dollars richer after listening to the show!

Oh and Duckman drank a bottle of red wine during the last two parts of the show.  What?  It's his birthday, give him a break!

This is one funny show, even if we do say so ourselves.  You like your wrestling podcasts to make you laugh, think and cry?  Well, two out of three isn't bad, so you better get listening.

Thanks as always for listening to the show and be sure to get in touch with us through all the usual channels.

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=205

Goldferg

I dunno what the fuck you're complaining about, re. turning 32, Duckman. Thanks to UK law you can now legally bang a chick half your age. I still got a year and a third to go before I can do that.

:P

Edit: Have now listened to the whole show. Good stuff as always guys, the Raw review in particular was hillarious.
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.