MFX Podcast Show/Feedback Thread.

Started by Duckman, December 22, 2011, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldferg

I own and wear (in public) a T-shirt that reads 'bollocks to this, I'm off home for a wank', so I would indeed wear a 'get the fuck out of my office, brother' shirt.
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Duckman

I knew you would!  That's fucking awesome.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Goldferg

also I'd like to add:

Front: MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK
Back: For Xcelence

Or

'I Mark for Xcellence'

or

'C.O.O. Milker'

to the list. There was probably something else but i forget. I'm drunk. I haven't even listened to all the show yet, I'm still stuck on the TNA bit.

Geting to listen to it (in part) on my birthday was still awesome though. I love you guys! FotS4Lyf
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Goldferg

The 2 MitB matches are broken down as

1: The Money in the Bank: All Stars
2: 7 Bitches needing Smack

Ian's interpretation of the Cena/Henry segment sounds EXACTLY like how I imagine how the Bully Ray (and bitch stable) vs TNA angle will end.

Ok, 'The Sound of Silence Bankruptcy' wins moment of the show. That.Was. HI-larious

Ian, I am 1,000,000% with you on tracking those 'Husky Harris' chanting fucktards down and kicking them in the nuts. Repeatedly. Until they piss blood. Those kind of 'fans' are the reason we can't have nice things in wrestling.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Duckman

MFX53 – In Doc We Trust – GAWD-BYE!

Sad times at the MFX studios this week folks, as news broke that DOC of Aces and Eights has been released by TNA.  This is a dark day for MFX – mainly because that's 30% of our jokes during IMPACT gone!  Doc, you may be gone, but you will not be forgotten by MFX.  We can only hope someone else takes as good care of The Nerd Patrol as you did.

That shocking news aside your heroes of MFX have got another packed show for you this week.  They kick things off with all the news on TNA's latest cuts, as well as a chat about the leaks of WWE PPV results.  Sir Ian has an interesting take on who might be behind it.  We finish off the show opening with some truly hilarious news about a photo op with a former WWE diva.

Then it's on to IMPACT (which we recorded before the news of the latest cuts broke) which sees the debut of the MFX 'try hard ruler of the week award' as well as all the usual MFX fun and games.

Of course we review Money In the Bank and RAW.  The RAW review was ridiculous this week – it must be the heat wave that caused it.  HHH's new nemesis appears on the scene and you can be sure his secret life with Brad Maddox will never be the same again!

As always thanks for listening, enjoy the show – oh AND BUY SOME MERCH!

Be sure to get in touch with the show through all the usual channels.

PLAYLIST:
Coldplay – Warning Sign
Offspring – The Kids Aren't Alright
Prisoner Cell Block H Theme

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?p=256

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Goldferg

Ian: 'Vince doesn't give a shit' (about people giving away match results and the betting on thereof)

... I can't remember where it is, but there's an interview somewhere with Paul Heyman talks about his experiences working in creative with Vince and he mentions that Vince is such a control freak that if he sneezes he'll take it out on somebody. Because his body did something he didn't intend it to do. As he put it, IIRC, "he's so competitive he competes with his own sneezes."

... also, speaking of Randy Savage musical ventures... when does MFX use 'Speaking from the Heart' as a buffer?... its gonna be ep. 100 isn't it (unless you already used it and I forgot? it has been a while and I am a bit drunk as I type this)? (If so, either way, t should be. That song is fucking AWESOME!

Brock Rhysner

A few more t-shirt ideas:

Sir Ian Trumps for Xmas No.1.

Gone fishing with Captain Pugwash

In the style of "Frankie Says Relax": Rybitch Says Ne-Nor

Wanted Dead Or Alive: The Ticket Slasher

MFX: Bobby really screwed the pooch on this one.

MFX: Attempting professionalism since Nigel McGuinness

I got sold to The Fetish Club

Who the fuck is Jimmy McNickle?

In GAWD we trust.

FANDANGOFUCKYOURSELF!

*GASP* WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Front: The Writing's On The Wall...
Back:...Who Gave Brick The Crayons, Brother?

Duckman: Tricking people into buying Wrestlemania since 2013

WE'RE GOING ON LOCKDOWN, BROTHER!

MFX: We talk about wrestling...eventually...

Don't worry, we'll discuss my cut later.

[/centre]

Rob

Gold again this week. Particular highlights for me were a brief cameo of FBL's Dirk Boogerpants and your complete tangent into the world of Triple H and his non-existent 7 year old son.

I wish more people would listen to this, you guys are so quick witted and make a massive boost to my enjoyment of wrestling.
SixersEagles

[/center]

GM Franchise

I'm going to give this a listen tomorrow since I have company in town today.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Chris Stern

hilarious show as always, I especially love the bit which introduced  HHH's new evil genius "son" who is threatening to expose his love affair with Maddox it had me in stitches. I honestly couldn't stop laughing. Also bit about Nenor and Rybitch was good, shame I don't have any drawing or animation skills because I would love to do/see some animated shorts based off these and other funny bits and moments which seems to be a big thing on youtube right now.

like this which was done of a bit from Jessie Cox and Wow Crendor's Cox and Crendor in the morning podcasts.
Cox n' Crendor: Cheeseburger in Florida

yeah the animation and the drawings are shit but I can't even do that, still would be cool to see someone do something like that for MFX though.

Again great show.

Tezmission Black

The new Evil Son thing was hilarious, but I think the one thing that had me going more than anything and I don't know why was the Garrett Bishoff not knowing how to vote for VP of A&8's.

Marq

Can we call Paul Levesque's estranged son, "Gameboy?"
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Alex Smiley

I second "Gameboy."

I can't get that "Try Hard Award" song out of my head. GAWD~!

T-Shirt ideas: Why not stuff based on movies or TV shows?

Bricking Bad

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Duckman

Cheers for the great feedback this week folks!  We really do appreciate it and it's great to see we're not the only ones laughing at our jokes!

The best way to get more people to listen is to spread the word of MFX as much as you can.  Either here, on Facebook or Twitter.  So if you see us post or Tweet, be sure to 'like' or RT and it'll help more people see it.

I think we'd be a good show for lapsed wrestling fans, so if you know people who used to like wrestling, but have gone off it, tell 'em to give MFX a try.  I know a lot of people who listen to the show don't even watch wrestling!

That animation idea is fucking awesome Chris.  I think with a little help from guys like Gary and Marc - graphics and finding the best bits from the show, we could do something cool with this.

Could be a new project for MFX and I reckon it would help spread the word of the show too.

If anyone wants to help out or suggest ways of building our audience, or anything in general, don't be shy.  Just fire me a email at the mfx.show@gmail.com one or a PM here.

Again, love coming on here and seeing you guys are enjoying the show.

Cheers!

Peace

Duckman