News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The Awesome List

Started by Gary, September 13, 2011, 09:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

Just won a $100 off of a $1 scratch off lottery ticket.

Doug E Fresh

My university flew me to Georgia for a conference. Have to speak on Monday about some educational technology stuff. Despite having to find my own room and board (thankfully getting put up by a couple friends for free) the organization is paying all of our St. Pats tabs today. Drinking is about to commence with a full tour of Sweetwater Brewery.

Adam Wrong

Sgt. Josh Underpants

BOOOOOOOZEEEE that is all, day off tomorrow so time to celebrate whats left of St. Patricks day
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Doug E Fresh on March 17, 2012, 01:30:49 PM
My university flew me to Georgia for a conference. Have to speak on Monday about some educational technology stuff. Despite having to find my own room and board (thankfully getting put up by a couple friends for free) the organization is paying all of our St. Pats tabs today. Drinking is about to commence with a full tour of Sweetwater Brewery.

Good man. Make sure to check out the Virginia Highlands and give Moes and Joes a nod of respect from me.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Doug E Fresh

Quote from: Trumpers on March 18, 2012, 01:02:42 PM
Good man. Make sure to check out the Virginia Highlands and give Moes and Joes a nod of respect from me.

I think we're going somewhere there tonight for beers and basketball but I'm unsure of the name.

Gary

You will probably be unsure of the name the day after also.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Black Death

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on March 21, 2012, 09:11:32 AM
So after a long and difficult interview process, I didn't get the job I was hoping for.

So why the awesome list?

Because they eventually offered the job to someone who was already with the company had direct experience working in that role, so to know that I was that close to beating out someone obviously more qualified is awesome (I also am not dumb enough to not think that maybe they kept me in during interviews as a negotiation tactic with the other candidate...but whatever! I'm trying to be positive!). And honestly, I've made so many great contacts and have left with a completely positive feeling. They told me it came down to my school schedule and they want me to come back after graduation...

but there is more. A few days after hearing I didn't get the position, a producer with the company I was interviewing with referred me to another producer at another company that is just starting up and is composed of the original team that made Uncharted who needed help in production. I interviewed there, and again, my school schedule came in to question but the producer there loved me and has been mentoring me a bit so that I can join up with them as soon as possible also. He's also hooked me up with some free classes/seminars on game production which have been helpful.

FINALLY

Through this process, I have gotten the contact info for the Director of HR/Recruiting over at THQ for the WWE games and I've just sent over an email...so hopefully I hear back from them soon.

In summary, I didn't get the job, which should put me in the 'Fuck List' but it's been such a great experience and I've walked away with so many contacts, I can't help but look at it positively.

Though, it's the first time I've ever interviewed for a position and NOT gotten the job...so that stings...but like I said, it's all good and I expect big things to come from it!

that great to hear , you know what they say  it not what you know , it who you know .   keep us updated my man
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Goldferg

I got a job today! Yay!
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Marq

So after a long and difficult interview process, I didn't get the job I was hoping for.

So why the awesome list?

Because they eventually offered the job to someone who was already with the company had direct experience working in that role, so to know that I was that close to beating out someone obviously more qualified is awesome (I also am not dumb enough to not think that maybe they kept me in during interviews as a negotiation tactic with the other candidate...but whatever! I'm trying to be positive!). And honestly, I've made so many great contacts and have left with a completely positive feeling. They told me it came down to my school schedule and they want me to come back after graduation...

but there is more. A few days after hearing I didn't get the position, a producer with the company I was interviewing with referred me to another producer at another company that is just starting up and is composed of the original team that made Uncharted who needed help in production. I interviewed there, and again, my school schedule came in to question but the producer there loved me and has been mentoring me a bit so that I can join up with them as soon as possible also. He's also hooked me up with some free classes/seminars on game production which have been helpful.

FINALLY

Through this process, I have gotten the contact info for the Director of HR/Recruiting over at THQ for the WWE games and I've just sent over an email...so hopefully I hear back from them soon.

In summary, I didn't get the job, which should put me in the 'Fuck List' but it's been such a great experience and I've walked away with so many contacts, I can't help but look at it positively.

Though, it's the first time I've ever interviewed for a position and NOT gotten the job...so that stings...but like I said, it's all good and I expect big things to come from it!

More important than your diploma. FACT. Stay in contact, keep things casual, but always have your passion be your most obvious quality.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Insomnia

So why the awesome list?

FINALLY

Contacts like that and such a good attitude could set you up well for the rest of your life. Definitely worthy of the awesome list!

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Went out on an awesome date last night into this morning.  Went out for dinner, followed by bowling, hanging out at the park staring at the sky, than an hour or so just talking in my car in front of her house.  Awesome night
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve

Arkia Fisk

Quote from: Capt. Josh Underpants on April 03, 2012, 04:48:26 AM
Went out on an awesome date last night into this morning.  Went out for dinner, followed by bowling, hanging out at the park staring at the sky, than an hour or so just talking in my car in front of her house.  Awesome night

Guys like you are in short number. You didn't get in the pants but STILL considered it an awesome date!! I knew I liked ya for a reason Josh. Good man!! Need more like you out there.

GENERAL MANAGER - ROSWELL ALIENS

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

BERLIN...BROTHER'S STAG DO...BAR BILL FOR NIGHT TWO 820 EUROS...ENOUGH SAID...
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Sgt. Josh Underpants

To follow up, went out with her to dinner again last night, met some of her friends, pretty cool people for the most part.  Had another night of just hanging out in my car listening to music til like 2 am.

Scored date number 3 for tomorrow night, dinner and American Reunion.  Should be fun
You Are Game Will Evolve