News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The Awesome List

Started by Gary, September 13, 2011, 09:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

Thanksgiving is little lonely for me this year ...all my family is out of state , hell my big sister and her family are out of the country in Japan... I did not want to intrude on one of my friends dinners .  being I had no place to be ....  I work this Thanksgiving .

it same like it was going to be long shitty night ,then out of the blue I got a gift .  See I have this laptop ... it a Toshiba, few years old , 5 or 6  and the screen is crack   Reason it is crack is because my nephew knock it to the floor .  There are black spots  on the screen , there dead spots . machine is just plain old , but hey it gets the job done ...

Well I like to get online at Starbucks  a lot.  This young couple has seen me using the crack laptop when I am there , which pretty much  all the time...So yesterday just before I start my  shift , The couple come into the restaurant, ask me to come outside and they gave me a laptop

A FREAKING FREE LAPTOP... I was and I am still speechless ... such Nice people  they did not have to do that .. but  God bless them for it ...  it lifted me up and help me make through the night and into the morning ... Black Friday is no joke .   

now going to spend some time making this laptop is up to where I had had my old one ... but I wish these people only the best things in life . There are nice people still in the world 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

J-Reb

Very cool, B.D.

This becomes one of my favorite times of the year - we hear all the stories about the crazies stomping over one another but we often miss the people who are quietly making a difference all around the world.

Jennifer

That's heartwarming man, it really is. Makes me happy just to hear about something like that.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Rob

That is amazing. I was going to come into this topic to flaunt the fact I am now over 50 days without a smoke but I don't think anyone can match the awesome from BD's day.                                                                           
SixersEagles

[/center]

Drama Queen

Quote from: Rob on November 23, 2012, 03:26:49 PM
That is amazing. I was going to come into this topic to flaunt the fact I am now over 50 days without a smoke but I don't think anyone can match the awesome from BD's day.                                                                         

Flaunt away Rob, you have probably saved enough money to buy a laptop by not smoking! Great story BD, thanks for sharing :)

Doug E Fresh

Got posts for both the awesome and fuck lists so I'll start with the awesome.

Accomplished one of my life's dreams by going to the Ohio State/Michigan game. Bucks won too which was an added bonus. Everything was amazing!

Judge

Rob

SixersEagles

[/center]

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

J-Reb

The community that I live in is has one of the largest homeless populations in all of the United States... a statistic that I thought was absolutely staggering.

A new homeless shelter was dreamt up a few months ago and that dream has finally become a reality.  An old bakery was purchased and renovated to create an overnight shelter.  It's basically a hotel - those who are homeless can come check-in, get a few hygiene products, take a shower, and sleep in an actual bed.  The way it's been setup is that they have to check out every evening but they can return as long as their is room - this has to do with some of the laws in my state.  It's a little different than a place like the Salvation Army where there is a set number of nights you're allowed to stay in a time period.

I've spent a number of hours over the past few months helping this become a reality; it's been pretty sweet to see people come together to meet a physical need in the community.  Here is a picture of the temporary quarters:

There are plans for a more permanent facility where those who are homeless can receive drug and alcohol counseling, job training, and learn practical skills to help get those back on their feet.  It's a pretty awesome sight to see so close to the holidays.

Knuckles

always great to see things like this. kick ass Rebs... :)

The Refreshing drink....

TheBritishVixen

My kids at work today singing their christmas play songs. Sounded absolutely beautiful.

Jennifer

I just won £1500 in a raffle that my dad entered me in. I'm gobsmacked.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."