News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

World War Z

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, May 30, 2013, 11:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

Bought the book today and can't wait to read it! Is it as good as I am hoping?

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Mike Powers

Excellent book.  Highest recommendation. The movie looks NOTHING like the book though, lol.

Stoner

Indeed. Do not look at t he trailers and think they are indicative of what happens in the book.  Even the STYLE of zombies in the movie are different from the book.  They actually dropped the ball big time on that.

The book is amazing.  I've read it several times over the last few years, because its SO well put together.  It is good at mentioning something off hand and getting the idea of "what/who is that?" and then answering it within a few chapters.  There aren't enough good things I can say about it.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Black Death

Agree ... the book is awesome , I , like my man stoner have read and re-read it over the years and  it so good . what get me is the attention  to detail  in it , you get a sense that it could happen this way .

Movie feels like a disappointment  to me ... oh what could have been
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Stoner

I have to disagree.  I've said in the past I think the movie will be good, it just should not have been called World War Z.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

! JDM The Professional !

Read the first 30 pages before the football game tonight.. its so intense. Can't wait to keep reading!

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Black Death

I disagree ...it just does not feel right to me. . maybe I will be wrong .   The book had  so many great stories ... so many great characters. 

What they have is not going to live up to what could have been .   in other words I have low exceptions

Stoner

Quote from: Black Death on May 31, 2013, 10:50:19 AM
I disagree ...it just does not feel right to me. . maybe I will be wrong .   The book had  so many great stories ... so many great characters. 

What they have is not going to live up to what could have been .   in other words I have low exceptions

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer they do the movie like the book.  I'm sure it would be infinitely better.  But the movie they are making doesn't look to be terrible either.  I just shouldn't be called World War Z.

Black Death

I get what you are saying ... agree with you on that

GM Franchise

I agree with that as well.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Dorling

Just ordered this book, really looking forward to reading it.

Mike Powers

The book'd be insanely difficult to make into a movie.

Black Death

actually I thought it would be easier than you think . The stories are interconnected , it would be easier to cherry pick the best stories fold them into a movie

love to seen the battle of Yonkers on film... it might still be there in a different form

Stoner

Quote from: Black Death on June 01, 2013, 01:48:57 PM
love to seen the battle of Yonkers on film... it might still be there in a different form

I want to see the one in the desert, blaring Maiden to psyche up the soldiers and draw out the walkers.  That scene would be fucking amazing.

Triple B

Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.