News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

TNA results for this/next week

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, June 15, 2011, 02:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

This weeks

* New TNA World Champion Mr. Anderson opens the show with a celebration. Gunner comes out and wants a title shot for helping Anderson hurt Sting. Anderson brushes him off. Gunner sends Anderson through a table.

* Brother Devon beat Hernandez after The Pope and Mexican America got involved.

* Austin Aries beat Kid Kash and another indy star to win a contract and a match at Destination X.

* Kurt Angle comes out to announce he is trying to compete at the 2012 Olympics. Jeff Jarrett comes out and wants a rematch, he isn't done with Angle.

* Rosita and Sarita defeated Velvet Sky and Miss Tessmacher.

* Rob Van Dam beat Samoa Joe.

* Gunner defeated Mr. Anderson in a non-title match. Eric Bischoff made an appearance after the match and riled up Gunner.

Credit: Janette Palmeiry and PWInsider

- Below are the TNA Impact Wrestling taping results for next week

*Impact opened with Eric Bischoff calling out Sting for what he did to Hulk Hogan . Sting rips apart Bischoff, kicks the hell out of him and takes Bischoff out with the Scorpion Deathlock.

*Bully Ray pinned Scott Steiner .

*Miss Jackie & ODB defeated Velvet Sky & Miss Tessmacher.

*Crimson & Matt Morgan defeated James Storm & Alex Shelley.

* AJ Styles cuts a promo announcing that he's returning to the X-Division at the Destination X PPV and so is the six sided ring. Daniels challenges him to a match at the PPV and AJ agrees. They talk about the history of the X-Division and throw out names like Jerry Lynn or Kid Kash returning. Samoa Joe comes out and gets involved/

*Shima Xion defeated Dakota Darsow and Federico Palacious (former ROH star Azrieal, working under his real name) to earn a spot on the Destination X PPV.

*Winter defeated Velvet Sky in a Falls Count Anywhere match after Angelina Love interfered.

*X-Division champ Abyss defeated Sting by BQ when Sting used a barbed wire glove Abyss brought into the match.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Fnord

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

GM Franchise

So the new World Champion loses his first match after winning the belt? Blah.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Chris Shields

World champion loses to a guy who's biggest accomplishment is holding the TV title for like a month. Steiner and Ray (2 heels) are fighting. Morgan and Crimson (2 faces) are fighting Storm and Shelley (also 2 faces). Sting is using an illegal weapon and getting DQ'ed, Angle, Jarrett, and Anderson are only on one of the shows. No sign of Kendrick or Kazarian, and then Gunner has no follow up. Not to mention that RVD is beating Samoa Joe. This whole thing is a damn mess. The heel/face dynamic means nothing, the World champion gets beat by a midcarder, the number one contender is arguing with the guy he just had has "final match" with, and one of your biggest faces is beating up authority figures and using ridiculous weapons. ???

! JDM The Professional !

People are judging sting for using a weapon on Abyss? Seriously? Lol...

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Drama Queen

Quote from: ! JDM The Professional ! on June 15, 2011, 06:11:17 PM
People are judging sting for using a weapon on Abyss? Seriously? Lol...

QFT... I wonder if everyone has selective reading and missed the part that Abyss brought the weapon to the ring! Seriously there is no description of how the weapon was brought into play, weather Sting was attacked with it first, nothing but people are willing to nitpick as usual. (Like it would be the first time a face ever got frustrated in a match against a heel).

I can't fucking stomach TNA, but at least I try to be fair about why!

Chris Shields

If it wasn't a barbed wire glove, it wouldn't be so bad. If it was just a chair or something like that then fine. My big problem is the absolute ridiculousness of a barbed wire glove. Plus I've always hated heels getting DQ wins over faces unless it happens over the course of a long running intense feud. Like if Angle got himself DQ'ed against Jarrett cause he used a chair, that would be a lot different. There has to be a logical reason for the face to use the weapon. It can't just be "Oh, well he brought it into the ring first." The face is supposed to be better than that. The heel needs the weapon to win, while the face can rise above and win based on his ability.

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Chris Shields on June 15, 2011, 10:48:32 PM
If it wasn't a barbed wire glove, it wouldn't be so bad. If it was just a chair or something like that then fine. My big problem is the absolute ridiculousness of a barbed wire glove. Plus I've always hated heels getting DQ wins over faces unless it happens over the course of a long running intense feud. Like if Angle got himself DQ'ed against Jarrett cause he used a chair, that would be a lot different. There has to be a logical reason for the face to use the weapon. It can't just be "Oh, well he brought it into the ring first." The face is supposed to be better than that. The heel needs the weapon to win, while the face can rise above and win based on his ability.

Since you like to judge, why don't you watch impact this week and review it? (or next weeks for the glove)

I mean, it isn't logical to judge any wrestling show on one person beating another.

On another note- Steiner is Steiner, his first return feud was against Rob Terry. Why? Because he was a punk who showed him attitude. Same thing happened with Morgan except Morgan was a face. Steiner is an A grade tweener.

Morgan and crimson cd gunmoney. After match they'll show each other respect or it'll end clean, I'll nearly guarantee that. Nothing wrong with a face vs face match if it's done properly.

Judge impact on impact, not on 100 words telling you who beat who. Fair call?

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Chris Shields

Well considering that I always watch Impact, and have since they were on freaking FSN that shouldn't be much of a problem. It's also the reason I can judge based on these spoilers. I've seen plenty of shows, and read plenty of spoilers to know that they're pretty spot on. As for my complaints, it's all based on the face/heel dynamic which TNA constantly blurs the line on.

T-Bonizzle

That's cause Russo doesn't believe in the heel/face line. Which is fine. Just because wrestling has always been done this way doesn't mean it's the only way.

The problem I have had is the inconsistency of the characters.

Black Death

that what  makes me mad... sting now ape shit crazy

angle and jarrett in the feud that will not die

gunner is beating the world champion , clean.
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Drama Queen

Quote from: Chris Shields on June 16, 2011, 11:50:02 AM
Well considering that I always watch Impact, and have since they were on freaking FSN that shouldn't be much of a problem. It's also the reason I can judge based on these spoilers. I've seen plenty of shows, and read plenty of spoilers to know that they're pretty spot on. As for my complaints, it's all based on the face/heel dynamic which TNA constantly blurs the line on.

Now this is something I can agree on. and I have both watched enough and read more detailed reports to know that this is something that TNA has been fucking up on a regular basis for longer than I care to remember now.

However they are not alone in this. I completely stopped caring about Edge as a character after is twenty millionth face/heel turn. There was just no reason for me to give a shit about him, and I mean this as no criticism of Adam Copeland. He worked pretty damn good with the crap they gave him. Also remember when he was alledgedly a face, but kidnapping and torturing an old man (Paul Bearer). This to me is way more ridiculous than a face using a weapon in the heat of the moment... Edge's antics were completely pre-meditated.

Even the other night on RAW, Bret Hart who always yaps on about his honor and dignity and respect and what not abused his power as a referee to help the FACE team outnumber and unfairly beat the HEEL team. This stuff pisses me off to no end, I am with you on that, but the E are preety blatant about it too.... not as much as TNA but enough to make me stop watching that as well. Damn I hope ROH get onto mainstream tv, maybe THEY will get the face/heel thing right!

TheBritishVixen

So we've spent weeks trying to build Velvet Sky up as a legit competitor, improving her craft and the sort, finally let her get those wins which means she might move onto a title shot only to job her out 2 weeks running in thrown together tag matches?

Ugh.

Jonny Worldbeater

Quote from: T-Bonizzle on June 16, 2011, 12:16:05 PMThat's cause Russo doesn't believe in the heel/face line. Which is fine. Just because wrestling has always been done this way doesn't mean it's the only way.

The problem I have had is the inconsistency of the characters.

It'd be fine if it was ever done well. There are plenty of stories that have worked with ambiguous morality and shades of grey. Off-hand I can't remember a single one of them written well enough to work in pro wrestling, and certainly none written by Vince Russo, because the guy doesn't write in shades of grey, he writes in shades of thick, smeared, incomprehensible brown.

Shades of grey is fine if you know how to write it, but seeing as so many wrestling writers clearly can't, they'd be wise to heed the old adage about not overstepping boundaries and stick to the basic black and white morality.

Kieran King

Ever been in an e-fed where everybody says they're a tweener? That's what TNA feels like a lot of the time. That being said, aside from Angle vs. Jarrett STILL going, I thought the shows looked pretty good.

Gunner's a homegrown TNA talent. I'm excited that they're giving him a chance.

Austin Aries and Kid Kash on the show? Fuck yeah.

AJ vs. Daniels vs. Joe? What is this, part three or four? Fuck it, I still want to see it.

Also, I can get into Morgan and Crimson as a team.

As for Sting? He has 15 years of history with a villain Hulk Hogan. If he was beating the crap out of the nWo back then, of course he's going to do it to anybody aligned with Hogan today. He's picking apart Immortal. That MAKES SENSE. They've got a story tailor-made for Sting while Hogan is an authority figure, and guess what? They're using it. That's not stupid, that's smart. Faces use weapons in the heat of the moment, cool, I can get on board and agree with that. This is 15 years of Sting getting worked up at Hogan and his cronies. Yeah... I'd say he can use weapons on any of Immortal at any time and it makes sense. Of course, a barbed wire (if there must be barbed wire involved, which with TNA and Abyss, is a must *rolls eyes* (yeah, I don't like Abyss)) baseball bat would fit a lot better, but hey, whatever. Sting fucking over heels is what got me into wrestling in the first place.

For the most part, I actually quite like some of the stories TNA has going on. I'd prefer seeing Angle carry Anderson to a World Title caliber match, but I'm happy they're putting new blood into the scene *cough*WWE*cough*. And hey, at least Hogan still hasn't won the TNA World Title yet. I was almost certain that was going to happen.