News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

"The Hulk"

Started by Fnord, February 07, 2013, 11:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

Marvel will begin Phase Two of its cinematic universe with "Iron Man 3" in May. But now, LatinoReview is claiming that it knows some details of "The Avengers 2," as well as Phase Three and the studio's plans for The Hulk (Mark Ruffalo). Since none of this has been confirmed, consider it a rumor.

SPOILERS AHEAD:

According to the site, "The Avengers 2" will feature the comic book version of the Illuminati, a secret group comprised of Doctor Strange, Black Bolt, Charles Xavier, Reed Richards, Namor and Iron Man. Since Marvel can't use some of those characters, the structure of the group will likely change.

At the end of "The Avengers 2," the Illuminati will decide that The Hulk is simply too dangerous and will banish him from Earth into space. In Phase Three we'll see a new Hulk movie, which will follow the storyline of "Planet Hulk," in which the banished Hulk finds himself a gladiator on an alien world.

The end of Phase Three will result in "The Avengers 3," which will feature Hulk's return. That storyline will follow "World War Hulk," in which the Hulk returns to Earth to get revenge on those who sent him away.

"Planet Hulk," which is very similar to "John Carter," was previously adapted into a direct-to-DVD animated movie in 2010.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Ty

Quote from: Fnord on February 07, 2013, 11:35:07 AM

Marvel will begin Phase Two of its cinematic universe with "Iron Man 3" in May. But now, LatinoReview is claiming that it knows some details of "The Avengers 2," as well as Phase Three and the studio's plans for The Hulk (Mark Ruffalo). Since none of this has been confirmed, consider it a rumor.

SPOILERS AHEAD:

According to the site, "The Avengers 2" will feature the comic book version of the Illuminati, a secret group comprised of Doctor Strange, Black Bolt, Charles Xavier, Reed Richards, Namor and Iron Man. Since Marvel can't use some of those characters, the structure of the group will likely change.

At the end of "The Avengers 2," the Illuminati will decide that The Hulk is simply too dangerous and will banish him from Earth into space. In Phase Three we'll see a new Hulk movie, which will follow the storyline of "Planet Hulk," in which the banished Hulk finds himself a gladiator on an alien world.

The end of Phase Three will result in "The Avengers 3," which will feature Hulk's return. That storyline will follow "World War Hulk," in which the Hulk returns to Earth to get revenge on those who sent him away.

"Planet Hulk," which is very similar to "John Carter," was previously adapted into a direct-to-DVD animated movie in 2010.

Cant wait, this sounds too awesome

GM Franchise

The Illuminati, Planet Hulk, AND World War Hulk? I approve.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Mike Powers

How accessible an interesting are these story arcs for non comic book fans?

Black Death

if they can pull it off ... you non-fans will love it ... action , lots of hulk action.
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Chris Shields

I watched the animated Planet Hulk on netflix, and really enjoyed it. If they can pull it off live action and add a little bit more of the illuminati, it should be freaking awesome. The animated one was also pretty easy to follow along with, and I think so long as they set things up well with the movies leading into it, there won't be any problems for non comic book fans.

Crazy Kyd

I know very little in terms of the comic book knowledge, but the way how the Marvel movies have gone the last few years, I am extremely excited for this. I know I'll enjoy it.

Fnord

Joss Whedon Says Hulk Rumors are Nonsense

About a month ago, Latino-Review reported that "The Avengers 2" will show Doctor Strange, Iron Man and a bunch of other superheroes banish the Hulk from Earth into space. Then the new "Hulk" movie will follow the storyline of "Planet Hulk," in which the banished Hulk become a gladiator on an alien world. And finally, "The Avengers 3" will bring the Hulk back for a storyline that will follow "World War Hulk" in which he gets revenge on those who sent him away.

There were obvious problems with this. First, Latino-Review is not the most reliable for rumors (but the site did get a few stories right). Second, Marvel constantly talks about how great it is to have Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner. So it's unlikely that the studio will make movies that don't feature Banner, just Hulk.

IGN now caught up with "The Avengers" director Joss Whedon to find out if there is any truth to the rumor. "I'm really not supposed to comment," he said. "But no, that's nonsense."

Source: IGN

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.