News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

"Rise of the Planet of the Apes" Sequel Unveils Story Details

Started by Fnord, February 20, 2013, 11:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

"The Rise of the Planet of the Apes" was a major hit when it hit theaters in 2011 and went on to gross $482 million on a $93 million budget. A sequel, called "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes," was quickly greenlit, but director Rupert Wyatt dropped out, delaying production.

Eventually Matt Reeves (Let Me In) signed on to replace Wyatt and filming is scheduled to begin this spring. And now we have the first story details, including news that Jason Clarke (Zero Dark Thirty, Lawless) has been cast in the sequel.

It's unlikely that James Franco will return, because the story is set fifteen years after the events of "Rise of the Planet of the Apes." The new film will focus on a group of human scientists who are struggling to survive alone in San Francisco, while the intelligent ape Caesar (Andy Serkis) is struggling to maintain dominance over his kingdom.

Source: THR

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

GM Franchise

Hopefully this is as good as Rise of the Planet of the Apes was. I'm a big fan of the series and liked what they did in the reboot.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible