News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

"The Crow" Reboot

Started by Fnord, May 01, 2013, 10:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

About a week ago, it was reported that Tom Hiddleston, best known for playing Loki in "Thor" and "The Avengers," was in talks to play the lead in the upcoming "The Crow" reboot. Now comes word that Alexander Skarsgard ("True Blood") is also in talks and the studio is ready to give him the role if he wants it.

If cast, Skarsgard will play a rock musician who is murdered while trying to save his fiancee from thugs. He is resurrected by supernatural forces and seeks revenge. The role was originally played by Brandon Lee, who was killed by a freak accident during production in 1993.

The new movie will be directed by Spanish filmmaker F. Javier Gutierrez (Before the Fall) from a script by Cliff Dorfman (Warrior). The plan is to begin shooting this fall.

Source: Deadline

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Chris Shields

NO, THE CROW DOES NOT TO BE REMADE!

I don't care who they cast for it, they're not gonna do as good as Brandon Lee. Quit remaking great movies because you can't come up with any original ideas. Fucking Hollywood.

Crazy Kyd

I haven't seen the original, but what I understand of it, I do agree that it shouldn't be remade.

But Alexander Skarsgard isn't that bad of a choice in my opinion.

GM Franchise

Why does Hollywood have to remake and a majority of the time ruin good movies from the past? It's a cycle that needs to end.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Crazy Kyd

I'm in no way defending the idea of Hollywood remaking movies, especially classics or "cult classics" but in a textbook on film that I have, it explains that the people like seeing something familiar, not new. For example, people wouldn't want to spend time getting to know a brand new superhero that has no source material to work off of. I believe it also has to do with why we see a lot of the same general concepts in movies. At some point certain themes have become common in culture, American or other world cultures, thus why they are in films to this day.

Also, I believe this same idea connects with why there were a lot of American war pictures during World War II. It was something the country, and the world, was going through at the time.

I do realize that there are fresh ideas out there, especially in independent film, but I have always used this reason when I hear/read about the hate on seeing all the remakes.

I also was very much paraphrasing, and I may have gotten some of it wrong since it has been a few years since I've actually looked at the textbook. I'll try to look for it in the next few days just so I don't feel like a complete dumb ass if I got it wrong. It's obviously much better worded and explained in there.

But I will say that the one movie that I am extremely upset about is the remake of The Karate Kid. I purposely haven't seen the new one, but a part of me died when I first read about it being in the works.

Fnord

Luke Evans Confirmed for "The Crow" Reboot

About two weeks ago, it was reported that Tom Hiddleston (Thor, The Avengers) was in talks to star in the upcoming "The Crow" reboot. Then came word that Alexander Skarsgard was also in talks. And then it was revealed that neither actor was strongly considered.

Now, Relativity Media has confirmed that Luke Evans (Immortals, Fast and Furious 6) has been cast as the lead in "The Crow." It turns out that he was original choice of director F. Javier Gutierrez, but due to scheduling problems, the actor wasn't able to accept the role. As a result, other actors were looked at, but then the studio decided to push back production in order to get Evans on board.

Evans will play a rock musician who is murdered while trying to save his fiancee from thugs. He is resurrected by supernatural forces and seeks revenge. The role was originally played by Brandon Lee, who was killed by a freak accident during production in 1993.

Source: Deadline

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Crazy Kyd

Actually, that is a better choice, in terms of the look anyway.

Chris Shields

This is complete and total bullshit. There is no damn reason in the world to remake The Crow, and I hope this damn thing bombs when all the fans rebel against these assholes remaking a cult classic. Brandon Lee is The Crow, simple as that. Fuck this other douchebag.

Crazy Kyd

Quote from: Chris Shields on May 06, 2013, 03:32:29 PM
This is complete and total bullshit. There is no damn reason in the world to remake The Crow, and I hope this damn thing bombs when all the fans rebel against these assholes remaking a cult classic. Brandon Lee is The Crow, simple as that. Fuck this other douchebag.

It's safe to say that not that many people will see this movie.

Well, I don't know for certain, but I am assuming this. The movie will attempt to have a newer audience but it won't be a dramatic number where fans of the original should complain.