News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by GM Franchise, June 23, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

I think its all about money. They put new luxury tax rules in place this season to make things more even to help out the small market teams.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

So my question for the Hawks is, where does that leave your team?  You have Josh Smith and Al Horford(who you might trade) and Devin Harris.  While that is a solid 3, the other players they've picked up aren't necessarily going to help you win.

Justin

Possible Howard deal.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8125453/orlando-magic-dwight-howard-go-brooklyn-nets-sources-say

If you ask me, the Nets would be giving up too much.  3 first round picks?!?!

GM Franchise

Orlando lost their minds with that. That is overkill. One? Yes. Three? I think not.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: James V, The Calvary's Franchise on July 03, 2012, 10:32:29 AM
Orlando lost their minds with that. That is overkill. One? Yes. Three? I think not.

Pfftt they are just trying to Boise/Puerto Rico that whole thing...
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

J-Reb

Williams, Johnson, Wallace and Howard moves to number two in the East.

I don't think I'm held up by first round picks. The Nets are likely to be picking in the mid-20's if this trade goes through over the next several years. They probably aren't missing a whole lot there...especially with the way they have been drafting lately.

Hondo

So Toronto signs Landry Fields to a poison pill contract just to screw the Knicks out of the Steve Nash sweepstakes.

Hahahahaaaa!

The NBA is slowly morphing into the E.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Justin

I don't think the Knicks will match it if they are serious about pursuing Nash.  He's a decent player but is a little too inconsistent.

Hondo

Thing is Justin, apparently the Knicks can only offer Nash a midlevel exception. Their plan was to do a sign and trade with Phoenix, so they could pay Nash more and to entice him to New York.

Thing is, the centerpiece of that sign and trade was Landry Fields.

Here's the article I was reading that explains it better.

http://deadspin.com/5923249/raptors-sign-landry-fields-solely-to-cockblock-the-knicks-on-steve-nash

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Justin

I still don't think they keep them and I would be inclined to say that Nash would rather take a mid-level exception instead of going to Toronto for 12 mil per.  I think at this stage he wants to win and he has a better chance with the Knicks than the Raptors.

Justin

Jason Terry signs with the Celtics.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I have heard reports that the Rockets have offered Omar Asik crazy money...I mean he's alright and all...and I cant remember the exact figure, but it sounded kind of crazy!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

GM Franchise

Rockets are also making a play for Jeremy Lin as well. Lin is meeting with them tomorrow. Reggie Evans was traded by the Clippers to the Nets as well.

GM Franchise

Deron Williams is going to be resigning with the Nets for a 5 year, $100 million deal. Nets are looking very good next season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/07/03/deron-williams-brooklyn-nets/index.html?eref=twitter_feed