News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by GM Franchise, June 23, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Quote from: JustinP on April 22, 2014, 03:45:40 PM
Blake Griffin doesn't play defense either.  It will go 7 and the Warriors will win.

But when he's on fire he's a game changer just like yesterday.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

Quote from: GM Franchise on April 22, 2014, 05:55:46 PM
But when he's on fire he's a game changer just like yesterday.

I didnt say he wasnt. The conversation was about players not playing defense so I made sure that his name got thrown in the mix.

GM Franchise

The Washington Wizards are really impressing me. I think they're the dark horse team in this season's playoffs going by the first two games they've played thus far.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

They have the offensive spark when needed and they are quick. The Bulls are a perfect matchup for them.

Am I the only one that hated watching the Raptors play?

Gates

I didn't watch them play...what was it that you hated?

Justin

That should be hate without the d..just plain hate.  I just can't stand watching the team play period.

Gates

Hated or hate, I'd still like to know why.

I know I hate watching them struggle, get a lead, turn the ball over far too much, let the other team back in and then dash for the finish. Though, I'm assuming some people might not just like the way the Raptors players conduct themselves on the court.

Justin

They are just boring to watch.  Like you said they struggle throughout every game as if they are trying to figure out how to play up until the last quarter.  They run around all over the court like they have no clue where they are going, Kyle Lowry is a heck of a player but he is big flopper, Terrence Ross needs to sit on the bench, and DeMar Derozan is too inconsistent but at times he thinks he's Jordan, which usually is when he is at his most inconsistent time in the game and starts jacking up shots.

Gates

The team as a whole jacks up a lot of threes and long twos that don't fall. Ross is a streaky player at the best of times (see his 50 point game and then his next game he scored 5 or something) but he tends to have a decent ability to play defence which is why he starts (and because they don't want to start Fields/Novak/Salmons who have worked well off the bench).

DeMar thinks he's Jordan because in Toronto, he is. That sounds horrible, but he's basically the new Carter or Bosh up here - the star player who is supposed to lead this team to success. I'd call the team more frustrating then anything, but I can see where you're coming from with boring.

Justin

They need a true big man to help even out the floor and help them be able to play inside out at times.  It would make a world of a difference.

Gates

At this point, they are probably going to have to find that, a nice compliment to DeRozan and someone to provide the consistent production Lowry provided (he's an FA at the end of the season so unless he comes back, it will be the Vasquez show at the point).

GM Franchise

They need to resign Lowry and pick a big man via FA or the draft. That much is certain going by how they have been playing.

Jon

It's not just the Raptors. The whole Eastern Conference is boring.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jon on April 23, 2014, 05:27:58 PM
It's not just the Raptors. The whole Eastern Conference is boring.

And is clearly weaker than the Western Conference.

GM Franchise

LaMarcus Aldridge is playing at an extremely high level right now. He is averaging 44.5 PPG, 13 RPG in 2 road wins in the playoffs according to Sports Center. WOW.