News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by GM Franchise, June 23, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Found the article about it.

Sources: LeBron James expected to meet with Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh to discuss future

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--lebron-james-expected-to-meet-with-dwyane-wade--chris-bosh-to-discuss-future-161349489.html

QuoteIn the wake of LeBron James' decision to opt out of his contract, the NBA's best player is still expected to sit down with Miami Heat teammates Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh to discuss a future together with the team, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The meeting is expected to take place days before the official beginning of free agency, and there's an expectation that the Heat's "Big 3" will have a strong idea about whether they'll continue together in Miami before James, 29, can hit the market on July 1.

The Heat's core players have until June 30 to inform the team of their plans, and now the pressure goes to Bosh and Wade to opt out of their deals to presumably re-sign new contracts at lesser values to help James and the Heat create the salary cap space to upgrade the roster.
James, a four-time NBA MVP, is opting out of the final two years and $42.7 million on his contract. He is eligible to sign a new five-year, $114 million maximum extension with the Heat, or for four years with another team.

Discussions between James and Heat owner Micky Arison and president Pat Riley will take place soon too, sources said.

James' agent, Rich Paul, informed the Heat on Tuesday morning that his client would exercise the early termination option on his contract and become an unrestricted free agent, sources said.

The most intriguing move on the mind of James and his camp, sources told Yahoo Sports, would be a sign-and-trade scenario with the Los Angeles Clippers in which James could play with close friend Chris Paul and under president-coach Doc Rivers. Nevertheless, Miami has remained the primary consideration for James, sources said. He wants to see Riley's plans for improving the roster.

As for sign-and-trade scenarios, in which Riley would have to assist James in getting his maximum financial payout with a new team, the organization has been privately adamant that they'd never do it, league sources said. If James wanted to force his way to the Clippers, he'd have to create the fear within Miami that it could lose him for nothing to a team with the salary cap space to sign him.

Beyond the Clippers, the Houston Rockets are working to free the salary cap space to pursue James to partner him with All-Stars Dwight Howard and James Harden. The Cleveland Cavaliers have held on to hopes that a reunion could be possible, should James decide that he wants to return to his Ohio home.

The opt-out had been anticipated for James, who can work with the Heat on a new deal. For Paul, this is a chance to earn a commission on his first contract with James. Creative Arts Agency negotiated deals for James, Wade and Bosh in the summer of 2010, but will no longer receive commission on James' renegotiated deal with Miami, or a new deal elsewhere.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Gravedigger

If Wade won't take a paycut I'd be out of there...

And for LBJ to go to the Clips I think they have to trade some guys to make room, probably Jordan plus role players.

The TeeJ of Philly

Wade needs to take a paycut AND a Manu type role. This would allow him to be effective when he plays and allow for a Trevor Ariza like FA to come in and start next to LBJ and take the load of both of them.

GM Franchise

Wade for sure needs to take a pay cut. Miami needs to overhaul their bench big time and get a better PG.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

The opt out for me is to restructure a pay deal with the Heat. I personally think all three will opt out allowing the Heat to renegoiate with them. Can't see any of them going anywhere. Melo (the 4th wheel here) will entertain someone like the Bulls I would say or the Clippers.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

T-Bonizzle

Agreed. The opt-out was a long reported strategy to get the Heat more pieces around them. LeBron was frustrated at the lack of depth around him.

Krazy

Quote from: T-Flower on June 24, 2014, 07:26:01 PM
Agreed. The opt-out was a long reported strategy to get the Heat more pieces around them. LeBron was frustrated at the lack of depth around him.

Then why did he go down to south beach? He had a GM in Cleveland that wanted to build a team around him. This is LaBron being a greedy bastard.

J-Reb

It was the easiest choice of the off-season.  Wade is toast- he doesn't have much left in those knees.  Bosh isn't interested in doing anything but jacking up 3's.  Chalmers, Cole, Haslem, and company isn't going to get it done moving forward.

He could go back to Cleveland and play with a potential superstar in Irving and the number one overall pick.
He could to the Clippers and play with Paul, Redick, and Griffin.

Why would he stay with the Heat?

Mike Powers

Quote from: Krazy on June 24, 2014, 07:48:40 PM
Then why did he go down to south beach? He had a GM in Cleveland that wanted to build a team around him. This is LaBron being a greedy bastard.

When he (likely) re-signs with the Heat, it will be for less money, so that they can afford to put talent around him.  What is greedy about that?  Unless you mean greedy for more Championships....

GM Franchise

Quote from: Mike Powers on June 24, 2014, 07:53:23 PM
When he (likely) re-signs with the Heat, it will be for less money, so that they can afford to put talent around him.  What is greedy about that?  Unless you mean greedy for more Championships....

Honestly all Lebron cares about is championships. Duncan took the right approach and I respect him a lot for having a team first style.

Mike Powers

Any pro athlete should just care about Championships.

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: GM Franchise on June 24, 2014, 08:01:08 PM
Honestly all Lebron cares about is championships. Duncan took the right approach and I respect him a lot for having a team first style.

Actually that's not all he cares about. He cares about his brand. He wants to become the first billion dollar athlete and he's not going to take less money, Wade and Bosh are. Lebron is the best player in the game, and he's going to get paid like it. Wade is old and there is no way in hell anyone OTHER than Miami pays him close to 15 the next two years. And Bosh is a top player, but to be in a place he loves and play for championships, he'll take less money.

Also, I respect Tim for being the greatest player of his generation and one of the best bigs in the game, but that comments implies that Lebron isn't about the team, which is false. Yes, off the court, he does what's best for LeBron, hence the move to MIA, but everywhere else, he's a team guy.

GM Franchise

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on June 24, 2014, 08:09:59 PM
Actually that's not all he cares about. He cares about his brand. He wants to become the first billion dollar athlete and he's not going to take less money, Wade and Bosh are. Lebron is the best player in the game, and he's going to get paid like it. Wade is old and there is no way in hell anyone OTHER than Miami pays him close to 15 the next two years. And Bosh is a top player, but to be in a place he loves and play for championships, he'll take less money.

Also, I respect Tim for being the greatest player of his generation and one of the best bigs in the game, but that comments implies that Lebron isn't about the team, which is false. Yes, off the court, he does what's best for LeBron, hence the move to MIA, but everywhere else, he's a team guy.

That's my point. It's HIS brand, not the team. Lebron may be the best player but he sure didn't act like it when he was crying on the bench game five. Sure, he played great but you don't start crying like that on the biggest stage of them all no matter what the situation. You have to show poise. That showed me a lot about Lebron. How is Lebron about the team? I don't see it. I saw more team play from the Spurs bench guys than I did the Heat starters in that series and that includes Lebron. I disagree about him being a team player. To me he comes across like a primadonna.

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: GM Franchise on June 24, 2014, 08:22:20 PM
That's my point. It's HIS brand, not the team. Lebron may be the best player but he sure didn't act like it when he was crying on the bench game five. Sure, he played great but you don't start crying like that on the biggest stage of them all no matter what the situation. You have to show poise. That showed me a lot about Lebron. How is Lebron about the team? I don't see it. I saw more team play from the Spurs bench guys than I did the Heat starters in that series and that includes Lebron. I disagree about him being a team player. To me he comes across like a primadonna.

1) You'd bitch and moan too if you were the only player playing your heart out in a win or go home game. The dude put up 18 in the first quarter of that game, the rest of the team struggled to put together another 10 points. It was Cleveland all over again in that series, and he left Cleveland so that'd never happen to him again

2) You don't have to show poise in that situation, like I said, he left Cleveland on the promise that he'd never have to carry a team like he did, ever again and lo and behold, four years later and he has to. I said this elsewhere but Lebron has it harder than any other player who ever played that was considered great because of the internet and people like us who criticize every moment of his career. He laughs during a loss, and he gets branded as not caring enough. He involves his teammates in a loss and people say "if he just controlled the ball the whole game, they'd have won. Lebron doesn't have the killer instinct". He set the tone for his team and they do little to support him and he gets called out for not being a team player. He doesn't get in his teammates face and his not a leader, he gets in them and he's being a whiner.

3) Adding to the poise conversation, do you not remember 2011 when they got humbled against the Mavs? He sat on the bench, poised as all hell as he watched the Mavs dismantle his team in five games you know what he did after that? Won two straight MVPs, won a gold medal, and won two straight NBA championships, THAT shows me what Lebron is about.

4) Name me two players that are stars the quality of Lebron that aren't primmadonnas.

GM Franchise

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on June 24, 2014, 08:36:56 PM
1) You'd bitch and moan too if you were the only player playing your heart out in a win or go home game. The dude put up 18 in the first quarter of that game, the rest of the team struggled to put together another 10 points. It was Cleveland all over again in that series, and he left Cleveland so that'd never happen to him again

2) You don't have to show poise in that situation, like I said, he left Cleveland on the promise that he'd never have to carry a team like he did, ever again and lo and behold, four years later and he has to. I said this elsewhere but Lebron has it harder than any other player who ever played that was considered great because of the internet and people like us who criticize every moment of his career. He laughs during a loss, and he gets branded as not caring enough. He involves his teammates in a loss and people say "if he just controlled the ball the whole game, they'd have won. Lebron doesn't have the killer instinct". He set the tone for his team and they do little to support him and he gets called out for not being a team player. He doesn't get in his teammates face and his not a leader, he gets in them and he's being a whiner.

3) Adding to the poise conversation, do you not remember 2011 when they got humbled against the Mavs? He sat on the bench, poised as all hell as he watched the Mavs dismantle his team in five games you know what he did after that? Won two straight MVPs, won a gold medal, and won two straight NBA championships, THAT shows me what Lebron is about.

4) Name me two players that are stars the quality of Lebron that aren't primmadonnas.

1. Well it happened to him again and he'll probably leave again. The Decision was the biggest ego trip I've ever seen. Hopefully it's not another ESPN special if he leaves this time.

2. Lebron has it hard? You forget about Kobe who's been around longer than Lebron and dealing with it longer than Lebron. Don't give me that Lebron has it harder than anybody else nonsense because I think Kobe has had it harder. Lebron only has taken over the top spot here recently because of Kobe's Lakers' lack of success. Lebron brought that criticism on himself in my opinion with The Decision. That's when the majority of the criticism started.

3. I disagree about him having poise. Talent, yes, but poise definitely not. Tim Duncan, who is 38 mind you, came back from last season's Finals heartache and helped lead his team to a 5th championship. NONE of this titles have been back to back. He's done this in the past multiple times in his career and I consider that more impressive than what Lebron has done as it relates to this considering he stayed on the same team. The same can be said for Kobe Bryant who's seen his share of drama and Finals heartbreak. To me both of them have more poise than Lebron. And I don't think Lebron has poise, he has talent. LOTS of talent but I don't think he has the mental toughness of Kobe and Duncan. They're old school mentality. Lebron's in the hot potato era where "superstars" change teams like it's musical chairs.

4. Tim Duncan and Chris Paul are two that come to mind off the top of my head. I'll even throw Durant in there as a third option in this.