News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by GM Franchise, June 23, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Quote from: GM Franchise on June 26, 2014, 11:12:24 PM
I agree. Now the big question is where does Rondo go?

TDot if they lose Lowrey

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Flins.

You think he'd be a good fit?

Cory

Quote from: Flins. on June 27, 2014, 10:08:08 AM
You think he'd be a good fit?

They need a PG, he'd be the best available IMO...but then again he didnt want to come here last time, saying he wouldnt resign if they picked him up. Raps MUST have wanted Ennis last night.

Gates

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on June 26, 2014, 10:06:17 PM
A disaster for Toronto.  They could have used a guy that could help them next year and instead took someone who will probably never see the NBA.

I thought this international player stuff was over with after the failures Toronto has had in trying to do so. Apparently, different regime, same story..

Cory

Even though I wouldnt consider the Raptors my team per se, still want them to do well. STILL cant believe we passed on Napier.

Flins.

It does seem to be a bit of a cock up this draft. Not sure Rondo is someone who'd work for us (I'm a closet Raptors fan). My NBA knowledge is pretty limited though, so I am most likely wrong haha

Gravedigger

Rondo won't want to go to Toronto. He has an inflated opinion of his true worth (saying that as a Celtics fan.)

I could see him ending up with the Lakers. They have roster needs, and I doubt Melo and LeBron are going there. I just don't see it. Celtics could take Nash's contract back in return, with a future 1st rounder or two.

Dallas could have the cap space, and Felton isn't a long term option. Sacramento wants him, but I'm not sure Boston wants what they will offer. If Melo/LeBron falls through for Houston, they'd be an option as well.

He really needs to go to a team where he's the #2 option at best, but he'd be better as the #3 guy. He can distribute the ball excellently, plays good defense, but his scoring is too erratic and his jumper is garbage.

Gates

Does he have a no trade? I mean, he could come to Toronto (even if he doesn't want to) if not, though he wouldn't stay beyond his contract. Wouldn't be worth it for Toronto to do.

Hopefully they have some inside track into re-signing Lowry, because they could have grabbed a PG in the draft (Napier is a PG, right?) instead of who they did.

Gravedigger

Nope, Rondo does not have a no trade. He only is under contract for one year, which is what will complicate trading him.

Jon

I'm really hoping the Lakers make a play on Lowry. Pancho reminded me (grrr) that the Lakers haven't really had a scoring quality PG since Nick Van Exel and it's true. Now Derek Fisher will always have a special place in my Laker portion of my heart, but he had average skill at best.

And then if we could potentially had Melo or LBJ... my God. The Lakers will be back.

But here I am, daydreaming.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

Quote from: Jon on June 27, 2014, 01:10:20 PM
I'm really hoping the Lakers make a play on Lowry. Pancho reminded me (grrr) that the Lakers haven't really had a scoring quality PG since Nick Van Exel and it's true. Now Derek Fisher will always have a special place in my Laker portion of my heart, but he had average skill at best.

And then if we could potentially had Melo or LBJ... my God. The Lakers will be back.

But here I am, daydreaming.

Randle was a sexy pickup though.

Gravedigger

Randle is a good get.

Melo is a possibility, but LeBron isn't going there.

Jon

Oh, I loved the Randle pick.

I really liked Vonleh too and REALLY liked Elfrid Payton. Payton is going to be the steal of this draft class, IMO.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Zach Randolph to stay with Griz

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11144529/zach-randolph-agrees-two-year-20-million-extension-memphis-grizzlies

QuoteZach Randolph has agreed to a two-year, $20 million extension with the Memphis Grizzlies, the former All-Star forward confirmed Friday.

"It's cool, man," Randolph told the Memphis Commercial Appeal. "This is where I want to be."

ESPN.com reported last weekend that the Grizzlies were working to complete a deal by July 1 to keep Randolph from reaching the open market. Sources close to the process said Friday that Randolph agreed to two-year, $20 million extension -- which starts in 2015-16 -- after invoking his $16.5 million player option for next season.

The 32-year-old Randolph averaged 17.4 points and 10.1 rebounds last season, helping Memphis win 50 games, despite Marc Gasol's early-season knee injury, in coach Dave Joerger's first season.

Randolph told ESPN.com as far back as November that he wants to play out the rest of his career in Memphis and hopes to establish a long-term relationship with the franchise similar to what divisional rivals Tim Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki have in San Antonio and Dallas, respectively.

He owns career averages of 17.2 points, 9.4 rebounds and 1.8 assists in 13 NBA seasons with the Portland Trail Blazers, New York Knicks, Los Angeles Clippers and Grizzlies.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

I agree about Randle. I think he'll be a great fit for the Lakers. I also really liked what the Celtics did in the draft as well.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible