News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by GM Franchise, June 23, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Source: LeBron starts process of evaluating suitors

http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/source-lebron-starts-process-of-evaluating-suitors-070214

QuoteLeBron James has begun to assess teams outside the Miami Heat that have expressed an interest in signing him in free agency, a source close to the process told FOX Sports Ohio on Wednesday.
James has not visited with any suitors, and sources said interested parties have been unable to connect with him directly. Instead, James is having Cleveland-based agent Rich Paul conduct behind-the-scenes talks based on James' preferences.

The source told FOX Sports Ohio that James is not likely to go through the meet-and-greet scenarios of 2010, when he entered free agency as a member of the Cavs. Instead, the source said when James does reach a decision, he will make it known in a manner "that is likely to be bam, this is where I'm going."

James and fellow Heat stars Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh opted out of their contracts last week. Initial reports stated Wade and Bosh did so with intent to re-sign at significantly lower salaries and enable the Heat's star nucleus to remain intact.

However, a source told FOX Sports Ohio that Bosh is seeking a deal worth up to $90 million over five years. With James reportedly demanding a maximum contract that would pay him more than $20 million next season, the Heat's plans to add significant help to the roster could be in jeopardy.

Also, while it's been reported James, Wade and Bosh opted out to give Heat president Pat Riley time to improve the team, "the reality is LeBron is watching all the teams that interest him," the source said.
Cavs officials have said two maximum contracts, or near-max contracts, are possible in the right scenario.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

For my Canadian peeps...  :D

Report: Kyle Lowry agrees to 4-year, $48 million contract with Raptors

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24605350/report-kyle-lowry-agrees-to-4-year-48-million-contract-with-raptors

QuoteThe Toronto Raptors and Kyle Lowry have agreed to a four-year, $48 million contract, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. The deal will reportedly include an early-termination option after the third season.

Lowry enjoyed a career season in 2013-2014, leading Toronto back to the playoffs for the first time since 2008, where the Raptors lost to the Brooklyn Nets in a seven-game series. He was arguably the best point guard in the Eastern Conference, averaging 17.9 points, 7.4 assists and 4.7 rebounds per game and making 38 percent of his three-pointers in the regular season.

"Negotiating is easy for me if we want Kyle to be here and Kyle wants to be here," Raptors general manager Masai Ujiri said at his end-of-season media availability in May. "Negotiating becomes tough when either party maybe does not want the player to be here or the player does not want to be here. I think we'll be fair with Kyle and we'll figure it out."

The Miami Heat, Houston Rockets and Los Angeles Lakers were all mentioned as potential suitors for Lowry's services, but the Raptors locked him up on the second day of free agency.

At Lowry's end-of-season availability, he said that he could see himself back in Toronto. At that point he wasn't willing to commit to anything, but he said he loved the situation and the chemistry of the team.

"It's very difficult, but at the end of the day it's still a business and you have to be a businessman for the situation that you're in," Lowry said. "But I am very happy. This has been one of the best seasons I've had through and through. Best coaches, teammates, upstairs. It's been great. I am happy. Without a doubt I can say I'm happy."

With a $12-million-per-season contract offer, the only way you could see Lowry turning the Raptors down would be if he wanted to go chase a championship. Instead of latching on somewhere else, though, he's elected to build on the success he had last season. Toronto has to be relieved, as losing him would have been a massive step backward.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Gates

Like I said, sucks that it comes at 12 mil per year, but the team had great chemistry so bringing Lowry back is good news. Hopefully they can take a step forward from last year since the majority of the team is coming back. Don't know if they have any room to add anything else, though, so it might be tough.

Gravedigger

Good for Toronto. Nice to see them hold onto a player for once.

As for the Heat, if I'm LeBron I think I leave. I know it will hurt his rep in some people's eyes (not mine), but They can't build a deep roster with Bosh looking for 18 mil and Wade getting 12 or somewhere around that. Chances are he stays and they have a thin roster after the 3 again next year, but I'd leave if I were him.

Gates

I think if he leaves and goes to Cleveland, it might be the only way he doesn't ruin his rep. Of course he probably doesn't get the money, but it might make people forget the way he left.

Justin

They need to unload Cole, go after Jameer Nelson who can still be a solid starter for another year, bring back Ray and go after a serviceable big..maybe Carlos Boozer.  Of course all of those guys will have to take veteran minimums, but I think the prospect of winning should outweigh that.

Cory

Nice to see TDot keep someone...however that draft still makes me question the GM.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

Cory

Hearing Paul Pierce to Clippers rumors...would be an excellent sign and trade for the right guy.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

Yeah Pierce is likely going to the Clippers. Adding him will be a big step in the right direction.

J-Reb

Quote from: GM Franchise on July 03, 2014, 12:25:42 PM
Yeah Pierce is likely going to the Clippers. Adding him will be a big step in the right direction.

The Clippers don't need another wing. They need another rotation big.

GM Franchise

I agree with that.

Gates

Quote from: JustinP on July 03, 2014, 08:24:14 AM
They need to unload Cole, go after Jameer Nelson who can still be a solid starter for another year, bring back Ray and go after a serviceable big..maybe Carlos Boozer.  Of course all of those guys will have to take veteran minimums, but I think the prospect of winning should outweigh that.

I assume you're talking about Miami, right? As of this point, James, Bosh, Wade and Haslem have all opted out, right? Unless they all come back, what's the point in those guys going to the Heat. They'd be waiting until those three sign...

GM Franchise

Quote from: C.J. Gates on July 03, 2014, 12:44:07 PM
I assume you're talking about Miami, right? As of this point, James, Bosh, Wade and Haslem have all opted out, right? Unless they all come back, what's the point in those guys going to the Heat. They'd be waiting until those three sign...

They'll be losing Lebron or Bosh for sure since both want max contracts.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on July 03, 2014, 12:35:47 PM
The Clippers don't need another wing. They need another rotation big.

We've needed a decent SF since *gulp* Corey Maggette ... but that doesn't mean we don't need a rotation big.  Sign and Trade seems to be the way the Pierce move would work but the Celtics don't like the pieces we are offering ... last I heard it involved Barnes ... when we should be sending them Dudley's fat ass