News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by GM Franchise, June 23, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gravedigger

Love's a 25 point 14 rebound guy... Wiggins has played 0 NBA games....

Pulling the trigger on this should be easy should LeBron come to Cleveland.

Cory

Quote from: GM Franchise on July 09, 2014, 10:51:53 PM
Greivis Vasquez, Raptors agree to 2-year contract

url]http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/9/5886213/greivis-vasquez-toronto-raptors-contract[/url]

Raps getting their work done. If they didnt draft a piece of trash in the draft (presumably) they'd be looking like a new franchise.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Justin

If LeBron were to go to Cleveland then there is no doubt Love would sign an extension with the Cavs should he be traded.  Wiggins will have to be in the trade package because the Cavs have nothing else to offer other than first round picks, but the Wolves want talent now, not later so it would be Wiggins, at least two future first round picks, and Dion Waiters in order to make the trade happen.

Gravedigger

If that means Love/Irving/LeBron then I do it. And in that scenario they'd still have Varejao as well, which would be a good move for the Cavs, but they might need to deal him to make salaries match.

GM Franchise

Report: Trail Blazers signing Steve Blake

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/10/report-trail-blazers-signing-steve-blake/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

QuoteThe Trail Blazers used their mid-level exception on Chris Kaman, removing their biggest weapon for re-signing Mo Williams.

That leaves Portland in need of a backup point guard.

Enter Steve Blake.

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:

Ken Berger of CBSSports.com:

The full bi-annual exception pays $4,247,465. I'm not sure whether Berger was rounding or Blake took a little less. Obviously, that small difference doesn't matter much.

Blake is a familiar face in Portland, where he'll join the Blazers for his third separate stint. This time around, he'll back up Damian Lillard.

Blake finished last season in Golden State, somewhat adequately filling the Warriors' need for a backup point guard. But it should be telling they prioritized an upgrade at that spot this offseason, signing Shaun Livingston. At 34, Blake will likely fall short of his previous production in Portland, so the Trail Blazers shouldn't expect too much. He's an above-average backup at this point, but not much more.

For the record, this doesn't change what Portland can offer Williams. His non-Bird rights still allow room for a four-year, $13,588,848 contract with the The Trail Blazers. But considering Portland just filled his role and he can likely make more elsewhere, Williams is likely moving on.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Hondo

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

GM Franchise

Quote from: JackHondo on July 10, 2014, 01:13:32 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/carmelo-return-knicks-win-new-york-article-1.1860680

Looks like the Lebron James Consolation Prize Lottery is now over.

There's still a chance he goes to the Lakers and no official decision has been made.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

T-Bonizzle

BREAKING NEWS:

LeBron has...not made a decision yet.

GM Franchise

Little bit of news as it relates to this. Lebron's representatives apparently contacted the police department in his home town about an announcement tonight.

QuotePHIL TREXLER-ABJ @PhilTrexler  ·  1h
Folks in Bath feel strongly that LBJ will sign w/ CLE. LBJ's camp contacted cops hour ago to alert them of tonight's annoucement. #kingjames

Justin

Quote from: GM Franchise on July 10, 2014, 03:16:54 PM
Little bit of news as it relates to this. Lebron's representatives apparently contacted the police department in his home town about an announcement tonight.

If that's the case, he contacted them to keep him safe because he is staying in Miami.

Jon

He's going back to Cleveland. It's so obvious.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

T-Bonizzle

He's going to Phoenix.

Doug E Fresh

He's going to Disneyworld.

Domingo

Isn't he in Vegas?

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Jon on July 10, 2014, 03:50:32 PM
He's going back to Cleveland. It's so obvious.

Bet? And i know put it on my tab!!