News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by GM Franchise, June 23, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

LeBron signs 2 year, $42.1 million deal with Cavs. Can opt out after 1 year.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Trevor Ariza signed a four year 32 million deal with the Rockets.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Jon on July 12, 2014, 05:46:36 PM

Smarter than he looks ... waiting on a new CBA deal so he won't get pigeonholed into a below value contract

Gravedigger

Pancho's right... a max deal after new CBA could be much higher... LeBron could get even bigger money in a few years.

Mike Powers

Quote from: Jon on July 12, 2014, 05:46:36 PM

See you next year - same LeBron time, same LeBron channel.

GM Franchise

Pau Gasol to sign with Bulls

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/12/pau-gasol-bulls-sign-contract-chicago-los-angeles-lakers

QuoteThe Bulls have agreed to sign unrestricted free agent forward/center Pau Gasol. The terms of the agreement are not yet known.

"It hasn't been easy," Gasol wrote on Twitter. "After meditating [on] it a lot I've chosen to play with the Chicago Bulls. Looking forward to this new chapter of my career."

Gasol, 34, spent the last six-plus seasons with the Lakers, teaming with All-Star guard Kobe Bryant to win titles in 2009 and 2010. The Spanish 7-footer is regarded as one of the best passing big men in basketball, and he was reportedly pursued by the Lakers, Thunder and Spurs, among other teams. He averaged 17.4 points and 9.7 rebounds per game last season.

SI.com ranked Gasol at No. 15 on our "Top 25 Free Agents of 2014" list, noting that a change of scenery made sense for after a failed partnership with Dwight Howard in 2012-13 and a strained relationship with former Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni over the last two years.

In Chicago, Gasol will join a frontcourt that also includes 2014 Defensive Player of the Year Joakim Noah and Taj Gibson. The Bulls have reportedly been considering using the amnesty clause on power forward Carlos Boozer. Gasol will be asked to help spark an offense that ranked No. 27 in efficiency last season, as All-Star guard Derrick Rose missed most of the year with a knee injury.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

Paul Pierce headed to Washington

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11208931/paul-pierce-washington-wizards-agree-two-year-deal

QuotePaul Pierce has agreed to a deal with the Washington Wizards, sources tell ESPN.com.

The deal is for two years and worth nearly $11 million with a player option entering the second year, sources said.

Jon

Heat front runners to land Luol Deng.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jon on July 13, 2014, 07:41:05 AM
Heat front runners to land Luol Deng.

Actually that might change. They're offering 10 million a year and he's not going for it.

J-Reb

With the type of money being thrown around to guys like Heyward, Parsons and Ariza- Deng should command somewhere near the max.  However, Wade & Bosh still have 2-3 prime years left in them.  I think they could still make some noise in the East and add Deng and you've got a pretty good starting lineup.

Cole/Napier
Wade
Deng
McRoberts
Bosh

Probably wins 50 games in the East.

Jon

Honestly, I don't think Wade has any prime years left in him.

This team will go as far as Bosh takes them. And I hope Bosh becomes the same type of player he was in Toronto instead of the one scared to play his type of game.

J-Reb

Quote from: Jon on July 13, 2014, 12:37:13 PM
Honestly, I don't think Wade has any prime years left in him.

This team will go as far as Bosh takes them. And I hope Bosh becomes the same type of player he was in Toronto instead of the one scared to play his type of game.

People forget how good Wade was before the finals. He just has to be managed wisely.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I always bet on the Bulls to win the whole thing and did this way before free agency kicked off thinking they might make a splash. Here is hoping Gasol is a lock. Optimism is high once more provided Rose is healthy. Loved our work in the draft and guys like Snell and Gibson are proof of some really good draft decisions of the past as well.

Surely this has to be the Bulls season...SURELY! Just need to get rid of Boozer finally!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

GM Franchise

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on July 13, 2014, 12:19:14 PM
With the type of money being thrown around to guys like Heyward, Parsons and Ariza- Deng should command somewhere near the max.  However, Wade & Bosh still have 2-3 prime years left in them.  I think they could still make some noise in the East and add Deng and you've got a pretty good starting lineup.

Cole/Napier
Wade
Deng
McRoberts
Bosh

Probably wins 50 games in the East.

I do t think the Heat get him unless they go over 10 mil a season and they aren't offering him that.

The TeeJ of Philly

Wade has two or three prime years left?

He played a quarter of the season to rest up for the playoffs and wasn't effective until he had Lance Stephenson on him, who is smaller than him. As soon as George guarded him in game 5, Wade was back to being ineffective. Wade has 0 prime years left and needs to accept that he is Manu Ginobli from now on.