NXT Spoilers/Updates/News

Started by Fnord, November 11, 2013, 02:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drama Queen

Was this a dark match/Impromptu brawl? I ask because there was no commentary on the video. Not that it matters... I didn't select him for this week in fwl  :P

Crowd seem to lap it up though, name change and all.

The TeeJ of Philly

Probably wasn't commentary because it wasn't aired yet

jagilki

NXT Spoiler 10/16 - 11/6

[spoiler]Dark Match
*Dash Wilder def. Chad Gable

10/16
*Baron Corbin def. Elias Samson
*Sami Zayn and Tyson Kidd had a dueling promo segment to set up a match later in the show
*NXT Tag Team Champions The Lucha Dragons (Sin Cara and Kalisto) def. Buddy Murphy and Wesley Blake
*NXT Women's Champion Charlotte def. Becky Lynch
*Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady vs The Legionnaires (Sylvester Lefort and Marcus Louis) was a no contest after Louis turns on Lefort and beats him down
*Carmella def. local talent (SHIMMER/SHINE regular Leva Bates)
*Sami Zayn def. Tyson Kidd

10/23
*The Ascension (Konnor and Viktor) def. Jason Jordan and Tye Dillinger, Hideo Itami made a run-in post match but got beat down
*Tyler Breeze def. CJ Parker, Mojo Rawley taunts Breeze from the stage post match
*The Vaudevillains (Aiden English and Simon Gotch) def. Buddy Murphy and Wesley Blake, The Vaudevillains apparently have new "more sinister" entrance music
*Sasha Banks def. Bayley, Banks beats down Bayley post match until Becky Lynch comes down appearing to make the save, but instead joins in and turns heel
*Adrian Neville def. Titus O'Neil to retain the NXT Championship, Sami Zayn appeared post match to challenge Neville for a title match but Neville brushed him off

10/30
*The Vaudevillians (Aiden English and Simon Gotch) win a tag team battle royal to become No. 1 Contenders to the NXT Tag Team Championship, the other participants were The Ascension (Konnor and Viktor), Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady, Jason Jordan and Tye Dillinger and Buddy Murphy and Wesley Blake
*The Ascension cut a promo on Hideo Itami
*Carmella def. Emma
*Bull Dempsey def. Justin Gabriel
*Baron Corbin def. Tony Briggs, the NXT crowd apparently chanted a running count for the short length of this match
*Marcus Louis and Sylvester Lefort had a dueling promo segment that ended in a brawl
*Sami Zayn def. Titus O'Neil, Tyler Breeze appears post match to challenge Zayn to a match for No. 1 Contendership to the NXT Championship

11/6
*The Ascension v Hideo Itami and a partner of his choice is apparently happening later in this show
*Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch def. NXT Women's Champion Charlotte and Bayley
*Tyson Kidd def. Dash Wilder
*Sami Zayn def. Tyler Breeze to become No. 1 Contender to the NXT Championship
*The Ascension (Konnor and Viktor) v Hideo Itami and Finn Bálor (the former Fergal "Prince" Devitt) was a no contest after Itami and Bálor laid out Konnor and Viktor[/spoiler]

That will answer you DQ (if you want to read spoilers)

Stoner

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Drama Queen

Ah gotcha. Thanks jag, those spoilers help me know when I finally start earning fwl points  ;D

Fnord

- It's expected that Finn Balor (Fergal Devitt) and Hideo Itami (Kenta) will be brought up to WWE's main roster before most of the other NXT talents that are currently in developmental. While Itami came to WWE because he really wanted to do it, Balor was not brought in to spend a few years in developmental. Both men will have a run in NXT, because all talents do, but we could see them on the main roster before 90% of the other NXT talents that will be getting called up.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Fnord

Source: PWInsider Elite

- With former NWA Champion Adam Pearce making his third visit as a guest trainer at the WWE Performance Center this week, there is a lot of speculation among the wrestlers that he is there to interview for a job. Pearce may end up replacing Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore, who was released several weeks back.

- WWE brought in a number of indie talents for a week-long tryout at the Performance Center this week. Top indie star Uhaa Nation is the biggest name at those tryouts. WWE held a similar tryout with women's wrestlers a few weeks back and Veda Scott, among others, participated.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Krazy

Veda Time in NXT? Uhaa is a beast and would break the mold of a big guy.

Chris Shields

Quote from: Krazy on October 22, 2014, 12:59:34 PM
Veda Time in NXT? Uhaa is a beast and would break the mold of a big guy.
He is not a big guy, by any stretch of the imagination. The dude is 6' and 240, in what universe does that qualify him as a big guy? The only reason he seems like a big guy, is because he's worked with a shit ton of really small spot monkeys. I guarantee that if he was signed by WWE, he wouldn't be doing all those crazy ass moves he does now, because 1. He'd be in the ring with guys that are closer to his size, and 2. they're freaking ridiculous, just like so many of these indy guys who have zero sense of psychology and are just out there to show off. I swear to God, if I see one more indy fuck, just completely no sell a superkick, I'm gonna freaking lose it.

Krazy

Quote from: Chris Shields on October 22, 2014, 06:50:34 PM
He is not a big guy, by any stretch of the imagination. The dude is 6' and 240, in what universe does that qualify him as a big guy? The only reason he seems like a big guy, is because he's worked with a shit ton of really small spot monkeys. I guarantee that if he was signed by WWE, he wouldn't be doing all those crazy ass moves he does now, because 1. He'd be in the ring with guys that are closer to his size, and 2. they're freaking ridiculous, just like so many of these indy guys who have zero sense of psychology and are just out there to show off. I swear to God, if I see one more indy fuck, just completely no sell a superkick, I'm gonna freaking lose it.

Uhaa isn't the mold of a classic big guy. He does the flippy stuff WWE has a mold of big guys. Uhaa would make amazing midcarder. By the way I am huge Veda Scott mark.

Chris Shields

Quote from: Krazy on October 22, 2014, 07:49:47 PM
Uhaa isn't the mold of a classic big guy. He does the flippy stuff WWE has a mold of big guys. Uhaa would make amazing midcarder. By the way I am huge Veda Scott mark.
To break the mold of the big guy, you actually have to be a big guy. Plus, WWE has had it's fair share of big guys who can do some incredible things. Vader, Bam Bam Biggelow, Taker, even right now you have Harper doing plancha's and shit like that. As for the flippy stuff, most of the time it makes no damn sense and he's doing it just to show that he can do it, and get a few dorks to jizz in their shorts. Far too many of these indy guys focus on what they do, rather than why they do it. Everything I've seen of Uhaa Nation, he's one of these super indy guys that is ultimately doing way more harm to wrestling. These guys are taking moves that used to be finishers and turning them into mid-match spots that don't even get 2 counts. They have shit psychology, but people pop for the crazy shit, so they don't bother to do anything more.

¿PapaPancho?

Maybe it's the efedder in me ... but that finish of his can't be serious right?

Gorilla Press Slam ... into a Standing Moonsault ... into a Standing Shooting Star Press??

APPLICATION REJECTED

Fnord

Big Update On Kevin Steen's WWE NXT TV Debut

KEVIN STEEN VS EL GENERICO LADDER WAR (FINAL ROH MATCH)

Source: PWInsider

Kevin Steen has been filming vignettes at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando this week to build to his debut on NXT as Kevin Owens.

Steen is currently scheduled to make his NXT TV debut at the December 11th NXT Takeover special or the NXT TV tapings the next night.

Krazy

Quote from: Fnord on November 04, 2014, 06:58:52 PM
Big Update On Kevin Steen's WWE NXT TV Debut

KEVIN STEEN VS EL GENERICO LADDER WAR (FINAL ROH MATCH)

Source: PWInsider

Kevin Steen has been filming vignettes at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando this week to build to his debut on NXT as Kevin Owens.

Steen is currently scheduled to make his NXT TV debut at the December 11th NXT Takeover special or the NXT TV tapings the next night.

Can Steen screw over Zayne?

Why?

KILL STEEN KILL oops KILL OWENS KILL!

Tezmission Black

I like the name Kevin Owens, it's not too different from his normal name, I would liked to seen Steen but WWE changes names to do copyrights so we all knew it'd happen.

From what it sounds like WWE allowed him to pick his name and he went with his sons name as his last name, which I don't mind because his son was named after Owen Hart, so some good call back history with the name and some good family tribute I think.